On arrival was very impressed with the standards kept, reception was immaculate, can really tell it is a new complex. The villa was the best part, it was very clean, large rooms and for me, having a weaning baby with me, having the kitchen, kettle, microwave, fridge etc was a godsend, which you dont normally get in an all inc resort. Its like the best of both worlds. I could even take a sun lounger onto the balcony whilst my baby slept inside when required. The travel cot provided was a better standard than my own and even came with a toy bar over and mosquito net to cover, and on wheels so could take around the villa and play pen. The complex is maintained very well, we had our light and microwave break and was fixed immediately at 9pm at night. The only negative re the accommodation was each villa is 2 adjoining and the walls are paper thin (they were built for residential and was 1 villa now split in 2 ) we were lucky as our parents were next door or we may have got complaints re our kids being up so early or baby waking in night etc as they could hear everything.
In regard to location, near to the complex, a short 5 min walk over some gravel, was a small park (there is a small one on site too) and a couple of bars and 2 supermarkets. Walking into playa blanca down the beach path is a lovely walk and took us just over an hour with a toddler walking. The hotel do provide a bus service at 9.15am free which took 10 mins and then we got a taxi back for 5euros.
The night time entertainment wasnt too much of an issue for us having such young children but I can see that there wasnt much going on, a few songs and dances for the kids but this started after 8.30pm and not much for the adults that I heard of, but we spent our evenings playing cards on the balcony with family whilst kids slept.
The food was varied if you do like a mixture of foods, I myself am very fussy do I never feel like I can review food as that wouldnt be fair. The rest of my party liked it and good for my toddler to try diff foods. If you went after it started it could be cool and need warming in microwaves provided. I personally was there for the start, breaky at 8am (having got up at 6.30!) and lunch at 1pm and tea at 6pm every day.
The soft drinks and beer was self service and only had to queue for spirits, all the usual available.
The views of the sunset and sea over the rocks just outside the complex were lovely and worth a walk at sunset.
On a negative note, the lifeguard was very strict with the kids playing in the pool, no hard balls in the pool, no fighting etc and no large tyre type rubber rings (as child drowned last year somewhere on the island lifeguard said needs to see kids faces so he knows if in trouble )but this was all for the kids safety. And there was only 1 english channel on the tv we could find, the disney channel!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Vik Club Coral Beach located at the east of Playa Blanca, is a hotel enjoyed for its tranquility and calm. Let yourself be seduced by its impressive sea views and by the times of relaxion at the Chill Out. Live the Vik Club Coral Beach experience and forget everything. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your VIK Coral Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vik Club Coral Beach Hotel Playa Blanca
- VIK Coral Beach Lanzarote/Playa Blanca