The rooms and the staff are the best features of the hotel. Rooms are really spacious, with a separate living area and kitchenette inc microwave, kettle, toaster, coffee make, fridge freezer and hob. There's a twin room and a double room in each unit with loads of wardrobe and drawer space. The staff are really friendly and accommodating. There's a TV but all the channels are either German or Spanish.
I didn't feel the food was that bad actually, the breakfast and lunch seemed to be the best out of the 3. Unless you are are particularly fussy I don't think you will starve, there was always plenty of fresh salad and various dressings various bread rolls. Fish, pork and chicken seem to be the main meat dishes offered and pasta/rice and veg always seemed to be available. The snack bar could be improved, they haven't really got to grips with this idea I don't think. Just really consists of chips and pasta with sauces. Even though they advertise a children's menu, there isn't one so anyone travelling with children be aware of this. Don't bother with the cocktail machine, they really aren't that nice.
Car hire is recommended due to the location, as previously mentioned the hotel is out of the way. There is a bus that takes you into Playa Blanca from the Calle Irlanda opposite Faro Park villas every half an hour. On this road there is a lovely Italian restaurant called Trevisano, very reasonably priced and the food is gorgeous we went here one night. There are also 2 or 3 bars a minimart and a pizza place. There is also a free shuttle bus from the hotel 9.15am into Playa Blanca and it returns at 2.15pm, faling this taxi's cost $5 if you prefer.
As mentioned before, there is no separate seating area to sit and have a drink after eating other than in the restaurant or outside, which isn't very comfortable in the winter months due to being cold at night.
There are things that can be improved with this hotel but on the whole I think it is good value for what it costs.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Vik Club Coral Beach located at the east of Playa Blanca, is a hotel enjoyed for its tranquility and calm. Let yourself be seduced by its impressive sea views and by the times of relaxion at the Chill Out. Live the Vik Club Coral Beach experience and forget everything. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Onthebeach, Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your VIK Coral Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vik Club Coral Beach Hotel Playa Blanca
- VIK Coral Beach Lanzarote/Playa Blanca