We have just returned from a wonderful week at the Hotel Volcan and only wish we'd gone for longer! Perfect location - the Marina Rubicon has some great restaurants - Aphrodite Little Italy was by far our favourite, and there is a place at the end of the Marina to the left called Le Petite Marmite which also did delicious food. We enjoyed every place we went to round the marina though - there's plenty of choice and it's a lovely setting. The hotel was so relaxing and after a lovely welcome through the candlelit entrance, we enjoyed every minute of our relaxing break. Spacious clean rooms, lots of space round the pools - plenty of sunbeds to go round. The sunbeds are in need of an upgrade - probably as it's coming to the end of season. The breakfast - as per many of the reviews had said - were delicious and vast. Only criticism would be the coffee was so strong it was sometimes undrinkable (heard others saying the same). Overall it's the best hotel in the area, and we are already looking forward to going again. A special thank you to Valle on reception who went out of her way to help us during our stay, and also Carlos a porter who showed us round Club Volcan one day as we wanted to see the difference. While it's undeniably lovely, not for us - we preferred the rest of the hotel and didn't think it would be worth upgrading for. Amazing holiday, so glad we booked it - it was certainly a wrench to leave! Many guests had been before and I can totally see why.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel THe Volcán Lanzarote is placed in the South of Lanzarote, the island of the volcanoes. This is a five-star-resort that is distinguished by its excellence and its privileged location. With the yachting port Marina Rubicón at its feet and facing the sea, you will find this spectacular hotel designed as a typical village of Lanzarote. At it you will admire the distinctive architecture of the island. But you will also discover true replicas of emblematic places of the island like the church of Nuestra Señora de Guadalupe in Teguise at its entrance, or La Geria at its solarium. Hotel THe Volcán Lanzarote disposes of 255 rooms, five pools, four restaurants, three bars, conference rooms, a spa center and a gym. In addition, in Hotel THe Volcán Lanzarote you can enjoy a new exclusivity concept at its Club Volcán, an area only for adults. Hotel THe Volcán Lanzarote features 255 rooms that are distributed over twenty typical houses and give magnificent views of Lanzarote, Fuerteventura and Lobos Island. Designed taking care of every detail and where the sea blue colour stands up, we put at your disposal three room categories: the comfortable Double Room (Garden View, Sea View, Pool View), the elegant Junior Suite (Garden View, Pool View) and the outstanding Suite (Garden View, Sea View, Pool View). Following a new concept of luxury and privacy, we dispose of 48 rooms that form the Club Volcán, exclusively for adults. In the categories Double, Junior Suite and Suite, every room enjoys spectacular sea views. Hotel THe Volcán Lanzarote puts at your disposal a wide range of entertainment, sports, leisure and relaxing offers, providing an exquisite treat and service. Moreover, from the hotel you can directly access Marina Rubicón, which disposes of an ample shopping and leisure area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Expedia, LoveHolidays, Southall Travel, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hotel THe Volcan Lanzarote reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Melia Playa Blanca
- Sol Melia Playa Blanca
- Gran Melia Volcan Lanzarote
- Hotel THe Volcan Lanzarote Playa Blanca