Let me first of all say I do not want to comment as so many reviewers do about the accuracy of the 'star' ratings.
I have stayed in many different hotels from 'pension' to bed and breakfast to boutique and luxury and have loved some and disliked others. Do I know what constitutes a five star,actually probably not,but I do know what I /We like and we really liked the Hotel Volcan.
Having endured a fractious and delayed departure, many thanks Thomas Cook, we arrived late and a little tense to say the least.
The reception staff were professional ,courteous and welcoming and our bags were transported quickly to our lovely rooms on the fifth floor.
Spacious,well appointed and very clean.
Lovely harbour/sea view.
The hotel is a little bit of a maize at first and a word of warning, some of the rooms could be a little difficult for the elderly or disabled as there are few lifts and quite a lot of stairs!
We stayed half board and found the breakfast and evening meals to be of a high standard with plenty of choice.
Really enjoyed the rabbit, paella and salads.
The egg/omelette chef was nothing short of superb,working between two stations nothing was too much trouble and everything served with a cheery smile,she was a little gem.
To be fair most of the staff were very good,the odd sullen character but hey so were some of the guests!
My only slight criticism was having to pay for bottled water at the evening meal, ( tap water is not an option, as it is generally unfit to drink), I felt that it was a little unfair to charge especially as it is freely available at breakfast time.
Had read an awful lot about the sun beds, i.e. condition and availability but did not find either to be a problem.
Yes some of the beds looked a little worse for wear after the summer season but as I tend to lie on the towels provided and not the bed,not an issue!
The hotel does have a policy that beds can not be reserved until after 9 am and generally this was observed with only a few transgressions but all quite civilised.
Did note that the villas across from the hotel are allowed complimentary access to the facilities so perhaps at the more busy times of the year things could get a little crowded, but fine in October.
All in all super stay in a lovely resort close to the harbour,with some great lunchtime tapas, about 15 mins from the beach at Playa Dorada and a further 15mins into town.
I would and will definitely return,
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel THe Volcán Lanzarote is placed in the South of Lanzarote, the island of the volcanoes. This is a five-star-resort that is distinguished by its excellence and its privileged location. With the yachting port Marina Rubicón at its feet and facing the sea, you will find this spectacular hotel designed as a typical village of Lanzarote. At it you will admire the distinctive architecture of the island. But you will also discover true replicas of emblematic places of the island like the church of Nuestra Señora de Guadalupe in Teguise at its entrance, or La Geria at its solarium. Hotel THe Volcán Lanzarote disposes of 255 rooms, five pools, four restaurants, three bars, conference rooms, a spa center and a gym. In addition, in Hotel THe Volcán Lanzarote you can enjoy a new exclusivity concept at its Club Volcán, an area only for adults. Hotel THe Volcán Lanzarote features 255 rooms that are distributed over twenty typical houses and give magnificent views of Lanzarote, Fuerteventura and Lobos Island. Designed taking care of every detail and where the sea blue colour stands up, we put at your disposal three room categories: the comfortable Double Room (Garden View, Sea View, Pool View), the elegant Junior Suite (Garden View, Pool View) and the outstanding Suite (Garden View, Sea View, Pool View). Following a new concept of luxury and privacy, we dispose of 48 rooms that form the Club Volcán, exclusively for adults. In the categories Double, Junior Suite and Suite, every room enjoys spectacular sea views. Hotel THe Volcán Lanzarote puts at your disposal a wide range of entertainment, sports, leisure and relaxing offers, providing an exquisite treat and service. Moreover, from the hotel you can directly access Marina Rubicón, which disposes of an ample shopping and leisure area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Agoda, Southall Travel, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Hotel THe Volcan Lanzarote reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Melia Playa Blanca
- Sol Melia Playa Blanca
- Gran Melia Volcan Lanzarote
- Hotel THe Volcan Lanzarote Playa Blanca