I'm not sure how the hotel can claim to be a 5* , it isn't. I can see how it may have been at one time, but those days are in the past, it is now a reasonable middle of the road 4*. I think this was built to be a 5 star hotel but the new owners have cut back massively on staff, shut the Club Volcan, and generally cut back where they can. There is no poolside service (except for a few metres from the only daytime bar), the restaurant has one waiter and one chef, the main bar has one staff member in the evenings and he can't cope with more than 3 customers at once (and they ran out of , the only, draught beer twice in a week during my stay) and the buffet evening meals are a million miles from 5* eating. The funniest demonstration of their cost reduction plan was the billing of two nights a week as "Chill out night" = no entertainment / live music, comical.
But, it is a lot cheaper than the Princess Yaiza (a real 5*) so you get what you pay for, the facilities are good (if in need of some TLC) , you won't starve to death and the grounds themselves are nice. The staff (if you see them) are nice, really great with children but don't seem to speak much English or anything but Spanish.
I might even go back now that I know I am paying for and getting a 4* holiday, my 2 year old had a ball, the bars / restaurants etc nearby are far nicer than the ones in Playa Blanca, the pools are nice and there is plenty of room. But if you're expecting fine dining each evening, forget it. If you're expecting 5* niceties like wifi, attentive poolside service, turndown service, a stocked mini bar etc... go elsewhere
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel THe Volcán Lanzarote is placed in the South of Lanzarote, the island of the volcanoes. This is a five-star-resort that is distinguished by its excellence and its privileged location. With the yachting port Marina Rubicón at its feet and facing the sea, you will find this spectacular hotel designed as a typical village of Lanzarote. At it you will admire the distinctive architecture of the island. But you will also discover true replicas of emblematic places of the island like the church of Nuestra Señora de Guadalupe in Teguise at its entrance, or La Geria at its solarium. Hotel THe Volcán Lanzarote disposes of 255 rooms, five pools, four restaurants, three bars, conference rooms, a spa center and a gym. In addition, in Hotel THe Volcán Lanzarote you can enjoy a new exclusivity concept at its Club Volcán, an area only for adults. Hotel THe Volcán Lanzarote features 255 rooms that are distributed over twenty typical houses and give magnificent views of Lanzarote, Fuerteventura and Lobos Island. Designed taking care of every detail and where the sea blue colour stands up, we put at your disposal three room categories: the comfortable Double Room (Garden View, Sea View, Pool View), the elegant Junior Suite (Garden View, Pool View) and the outstanding Suite (Garden View, Sea View, Pool View). Following a new concept of luxury and privacy, we dispose of 48 rooms that form the Club Volcán, exclusively for adults. In the categories Double, Junior Suite and Suite, every room enjoys spectacular sea views. Hotel THe Volcán Lanzarote puts at your disposal a wide range of entertainment, sports, leisure and relaxing offers, providing an exquisite treat and service. Moreover, from the hotel you can directly access Marina Rubicón, which disposes of an ample shopping and leisure area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Booking.com, TravelUp, Onthebeach, Odigeo, Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, HRS, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hotel THe Volcan Lanzarote reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Melia Playa Blanca
- Sol Melia Playa Blanca
- Gran Melia Volcan Lanzarote
- Hotel THe Volcan Lanzarote Playa Blanca