The hotel was excellent - we went right at the end of May and the beginning of June - it was quiet which was good - the entrance was excellent as soon as you walk it there was music which sounded and looked like you was in a monestry - the reception area was really good and staff very pleasant and helpful.
The room were very spacious,clean and comfortable - we had a garden view room - it was my daughters 14th birthday whilst we were out and the day of her birthday the staff placed a cake and a card in her room - the must have took the details from our passports which shows they have an eye for detail - she was very happy.
We only had breakfast at the hotel but this was excellent plenty to choose from - you could een have champagne if you like at no extra cost - they even had vodka for bloody marys - didnt try that myself though.
At that time of year it was warm however not hot so I never tried the pool out - as looked a bit chilly - but the pool looked fantastic- hotel well placed for local maket and there is a short walk to Playa Blanca centre 15 mins or around 5 Euros in a taxi.
We were disappointed to see the roof wasn't lit up when we were there however this is only done on special occassions - however we were there it was Canary Day which meant they had the roof lit which was really good.
Would certainly recommend and go back again - only draw back was a lack of entertainment at night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel THe Volcán Lanzarote is placed in the South of Lanzarote, the island of the volcanoes. This is a five-star-resort that is distinguished by its excellence and its privileged location. With the yachting port Marina Rubicón at its feet and facing the sea, you will find this spectacular hotel designed as a typical village of Lanzarote. At it you will admire the distinctive architecture of the island. But you will also discover true replicas of emblematic places of the island like the church of Nuestra Señora de Guadalupe in Teguise at its entrance, or La Geria at its solarium. Hotel THe Volcán Lanzarote disposes of 255 rooms, five pools, four restaurants, three bars, conference rooms, a spa center and a gym. In addition, in Hotel THe Volcán Lanzarote you can enjoy a new exclusivity concept at its Club Volcán, an area only for adults. Hotel THe Volcán Lanzarote features 255 rooms that are distributed over twenty typical houses and give magnificent views of Lanzarote, Fuerteventura and Lobos Island. Designed taking care of every detail and where the sea blue colour stands up, we put at your disposal three room categories: the comfortable Double Room (Garden View, Sea View, Pool View), the elegant Junior Suite (Garden View, Pool View) and the outstanding Suite (Garden View, Sea View, Pool View). Following a new concept of luxury and privacy, we dispose of 48 rooms that form the Club Volcán, exclusively for adults. In the categories Double, Junior Suite and Suite, every room enjoys spectacular sea views. Hotel THe Volcán Lanzarote puts at your disposal a wide range of entertainment, sports, leisure and relaxing offers, providing an exquisite treat and service. Moreover, from the hotel you can directly access Marina Rubicón, which disposes of an ample shopping and leisure area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Onthebeach, Southall Travel, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel THe Volcan Lanzarote reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Melia Playa Blanca
- Sol Melia Playa Blanca
- Gran Melia Volcan Lanzarote
- Hotel THe Volcan Lanzarote Playa Blanca