Stayed here with Family in July 2014. Surprised at some of the negative reviews as in-laws had stayed here several times and really liked it. Got two rooms next to each other with adults and 1 child in each. Stayed for 10 days and wished it was longer. Kids club was a highlight - staff were fantastic & it runs twice a day from 11-1 and 3-5 for kids aged between 5 & 10. Kids would've gone back in the afternoon but we managed to persuade them to come with us to the beach. Playa Dorada, a lovely beach with deck chairs & umbrellas for hire, is below the Princess Yaiza hotel, and a nice walk from the Hotel Vulcan. We've been to Lanzarote a lot over the last 5 years so knew the beachfront.marina boardwalk connected everything up, and Dorada beach was only 20 minutes or so. The famous Papagayo beach is in the other direction from the hotel but we haven't made it that far yet.
We booked half-board which included a buffet breakfast and dinner. Breakfast was excellent - they even had Cava and Vodka on offer for anyone who wanted it. The omelette counter was popular with my husband who was happy to queue every day for a delicious cooked omelette breakfast. Kids were happy with the choice of cooked items, cereals, pastries & toast. Dinner was also a buffet and everyone in our party was happy with it. A different choice of protein each night including a grill where you could choose what you wanted cooked. The choice of vegetables was good too, better than many of the marina restaurants. Overall the food was great and we were more than happy with the quality & choice. The kids predictably went for the pasta after a couple of nights of being more adventurous.
The rooms were a really good size with a lounge area as well as the bed. There was plenty of room for all our stuff and the bathroom was a good size too. Any toiletries we used up were replaced and the cleaners were very considerate with their timing - working out that as we were out most afternoons that would be the best time to come in, The room also had a fridge which stayed on even when the room was empty. Good for storing cava and milk. Plus there was a kettle in the room too.
Kids loved the pools - they weren't heated but it didn't matter in July. It could get windy at times which was a shame and the poolside beds were nearly always booked by 10 so there was a bit of a scramble to get ones by the pool the kids wanted to be in. There were spare chairs around that could be moved if need be. There are always people keen enough to get up at the crack of dawn to reserve the space they want. We usually found something though.
We didn't use the evening entertainment much although the kids liked the mini-disco that ran in the bar most nights at 8pm. Other reviews have said the evening entertainment wasn't great but as we didn't really need it I can't say one way or another. There are bars in walking distance of the hotel if you need some nightlife but for a family on holiday with young-ish kids this hotel met all our needs. Another plus of this hotel is that having rented a car in the past, the Vulcan is positioned at the end of the marina so you can walk to most things if you need to - the market, shops and restaurants of the marina were all in walking distance as was the beach so we didn't need a car this time.
Overall we had a great time and enjoyed the hotel immensely. We'd definitely go there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel THe Volcán Lanzarote is placed in the South of Lanzarote, the island of the volcanoes. This is a five-star-resort that is distinguished by its excellence and its privileged location. With the yachting port Marina Rubicón at its feet and facing the sea, you will find this spectacular hotel designed as a typical village of Lanzarote. At it you will admire the distinctive architecture of the island. But you will also discover true replicas of emblematic places of the island like the church of Nuestra Señora de Guadalupe in Teguise at its entrance, or La Geria at its solarium. Hotel THe Volcán Lanzarote disposes of 255 rooms, five pools, four restaurants, three bars, conference rooms, a spa center and a gym. In addition, in Hotel THe Volcán Lanzarote you can enjoy a new exclusivity concept at its Club Volcán, an area only for adults. Hotel THe Volcán Lanzarote features 255 rooms that are distributed over twenty typical houses and give magnificent views of Lanzarote, Fuerteventura and Lobos Island. Designed taking care of every detail and where the sea blue colour stands up, we put at your disposal three room categories: the comfortable Double Room (Garden View, Sea View, Pool View), the elegant Junior Suite (Garden View, Pool View) and the outstanding Suite (Garden View, Sea View, Pool View). Following a new concept of luxury and privacy, we dispose of 48 rooms that form the Club Volcán, exclusively for adults. In the categories Double, Junior Suite and Suite, every room enjoys spectacular sea views. Hotel THe Volcán Lanzarote puts at your disposal a wide range of entertainment, sports, leisure and relaxing offers, providing an exquisite treat and service. Moreover, from the hotel you can directly access Marina Rubicón, which disposes of an ample shopping and leisure area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Jet2Holidays , Southall Travel, Expedia, Odigeo, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel THe Volcan Lanzarote reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Melia Playa Blanca
- Sol Melia Playa Blanca
- Gran Melia Volcan Lanzarote
- Hotel THe Volcan Lanzarote Playa Blanca