We stayed here from 10th January to 17th for 1 week. The hotel was fab. We never paid for a sea view and was given a room in C Block. This is a huge hotel and takes a wee while to get around it. Room was lovely and lots of room. We have a baby so was plenty of room for his cot without it getting in the way. The weather was absolutely fabulous when we were there. We certainly choose a good week. The hotel is about a 20 minute walk to Playa Blanca Marina and then about 20 minutes into the centre where there is shops and restaurants etc. The hotel offers a courtesy bus which runs quite a few times a day which is handy.
There are various bars and a new roof top bar which is fab but a little bit cold in January at night. There is also a Green Bar which is adults only which I felt was a bit rubbish considering we had a baby with us so I felt a bit annoyed at this since they had entertainment a few nights a week.
The cocktails are fab as well. I love a Coco Loco !!!
There is Cava at breakfast if you want and throughout the day.
We never struggled to get sun loungers at all.
There are 4 restaurants I think. Mexican, Chinese and the buffet restaurant plus Italian. We only used buffet and italian. The food choices were good. Better than any other all inclusive we have been to before.
I have to say one thing that annoys me about some of the reviews people leave about this hotel is that they dont like the fact that there is children there. All I can say is it is a family hotel and if you are not happy about it go to an adults only hotel. Simple.
We only did one trip when we were there and it was to the Texas Ranco Park which is good. You can swim with the sea lions if you wanted to which we did the year before. I would definitely recommend it.
All in all this is a fab hotel and I would definitely stay here again. Brillant choice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sandos Papagayo Beach Resort All Inclusive is located on the seafront in Playa Blanca, Lanzarote. The hotel is close to beaches of the Papagayo Natural Park (600m). The Timanfaya National Park is 20 km away. The rooms are spacious and bright, with a balcony with views, bathroom with hairdryer, satellite TV with international channels. Each room provides a safety deposit box (supplement charge). The complex provides four outside pools, gym, minigolf and sports center, plus spa, sauna and steam bath. It also has eight bars, a disco and a snack bar, as well as a few restaurants: - International Restaurant - Italian Restaurant - Fusion Restaurant: Alternately Mexican/Oriental Nights The front desk is 24 hour manned and has a tourist information including car rental and tour services. The hotel provides free Wi-Fi in public areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, LoveHolidays, TravelUp, Odigeo, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sandos Papagayo Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandos Papagayo Arena Beach Hotel
- Papagayo Arena Lanzarote
- Papagayo Arena Resort
- Hotel Papagayo Arena
- Papagayo Arena Hotel Lanzarote
- Sandos Papagayo Beach Resort Lanzarote/Playa Blanca