“Cant Wait to Return”

Sandos Papagayo Beach Resort
Ranked #8 of 37 Hotels in Playa Blanca
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Well were do I start, after nearly missing are flight from Dublin we arrived checked in very very quickly. We up graded to Royal Elite which was wonderful, Bottle of Cava on arrival, drinks and water in the fridge and tea and coffee at the ready. The room we stayed in was Block B No 629 and had brilliant views of Fuerteventura. The room was bigger then we expected and was very comfi. Royal Elite Lounge was very nice and pleasant and very peace full journeying the day the whole experience was worth the extra money

Pool areas were very very clean and plenty of beds as there is 3 big pools there is loads of room.

We had separate area for Breakfast and we could not praise Toni and Anna enough, they were friendly and always wanted to help, they both should get a pay rise as nothing was to much for them. We found lunch was not as manic as some people were saying, we ate in the Italian and always lots of tables

Dinner time was similar never too busy, you can also use Chinese and Mexican which we did two times but I would advice book on arrival as they can be booked up very quickly. Food in my opinion was really good always fresh and different ever night. You can eat when you want snack bar and pool bar were brilliant staff always wanting to help

We had are son who is 13 and he was entertained from morning until night, the animation time were very patient. They had a different shows on ever night and got kids involved and made the holiday so relaxing and enjoyable.

We would like to make a special mention to some the guys in the animation team, and I made it my business to talk with the manager to make him a wear how happy we were with there efforts.

Odanis who organises ever thing on animation team was brilliant friendly and such a hard worker and has a great team
Samuel had so much patience with all the kids and would always arrive with a BIG HELLO
Ricky was funny and good natured and always wanted to joke about football
Isabel was always encouraging you to get involved but never to pushy.

Well all and all a great great holiday and we really want to come back next year if you have any drought about Sandos Papagyo please don't.. Saving for next year already

Room Tip: Try and get block B
5  Thank dubs1995
Subdireccion S, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Sandos Papagayo Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Dear dubs1995,

We thank you very much for all your comments and your kind words. I will transfer your good feelings to the people involved.

We look forward to wellcoming you in the near future.

Yours sincerely,
Natalia Bravo de Laguna
Assistant Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (6,887)

Reviewed 26 June 2014

Just stayed there for 12 nights, and what a fantastic hotel. Their is plenty of space around the pools , you are mot fighting for a sun bed. The food was really nice, the fresh pasta you got you would pay for in a resteraunt. The Chinese and mexican wasn't to my taste. The room was a bit dated and could do with modernising, but the view onto the pool and sea was amazing. The hotel was about 20 mins walk to rubicon marina and a further 15 mins to playa blanca, but the hotel offers a free courtesy bus. Overall i would definitely come back.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Jason B
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Just got back from a week at this hotel, and we had a lovely time.

Great selection of food for breakfast, lunch and dinner and good selection of drinks too.

We managed to be given a room over looking the pools with a brilliant sea view.

Evening entertainment was very good.

One thing to note is if you are getting a shuttle transfer from the airport, this hotel is the last drop off and first pick up. So I would recommend paying a little bit extra to go via a faster alternative!

Room Tip: We were put in the top floor of H block, which had brilliant views.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Matthew H

Dear Matthew H,

We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your holidays and thank you very much for your kind words to this Hotel.

We look forward to wellcoming you again.
Yours faithfully,

Natalia Bravo de Laguna
Assistant Manager

Reviewed 25 June 2014

where do i start this hotel is one of best hotels stayed in is stunning the minute u arrive reception staff friendly polite and helpfull was checked in very quick was late when we arrived still had resturant open to get something to eat the food was amazing something for everyone the orential was fab so much to do here 5 beautiful pools with a great animation team things todo for all ages so many places in hotel to chillout grab a drink nothing i can fault about here planning next visit already spa was included nice was end day in sun free towels vwry big hotel so cant get bored becky our rep was very nice and helpful staff always cleaning round hotel so was always clean wish ad booked2 weeks made me holiday best one thanks sandos

2  Thank sangie1978
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Visited this hotel last November which was wonderful and decided to go back in May to celebrate my 60th Birthday. We decided to upgrade to Royal Elite since it was a special holiday and it was wonderful. Hotel very kindly put a bottle of cava in ice bucket and birthday message in room on my Birthday which I was very touched about - Thank you.

Royal Elite was wonderful for us. I enjoyed the breakfast in the Oriental restaurant and the staff in there were lovely, especially Ana, Toni and the other lady whose name escapes me - sorry. All the staff all over hotel were very nice too. We also spent some time in the Royal Elite lounge which was very nice. Personally I enjoyed the benefits of Royal Elite and have just booked again for November. If you don't book Royal Elite then don't worry as the hotel is fabulous anyway. We had a room in Block A and I just loved to sit on balcony with a drink and watch the waves.

Food excellent and plenty of it 24/7. There is a bus 4 times a day which takes you to Playa Blanca. Sometimes we would get the bus one way and then walk back which is a lovely stroll along the promenade. The marina is very nice too and there is a market there on Wed and Sat.

So looking forward to coming back in November which will be my 3rd time in a year which says it all as it is a wonderful relaxing holiday.

Room Tip: Most rooms have sea views and you would be very unlucky not to get one
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank joramrie1
Reviewed 25 June 2014

this hotel was quite good the food was quite bland i would not have liked to eat it for two weeks and as usual the toasters were very slow. the booze i think was alcohol free although this was not stated i had 4 glasses of wine and one brandy and i was stone cold sober this would usually make me quite drunk in the uk. the sun was piercing i have been to the canaries several times and have never been burned like i did at lanzarote after half an hour i was like a lobster and it was so painful i had to stay in my room for 2 days. the rooms are spacious and clean. the man dressed as the fox cannot see so be careful with kids as he kept knocking ours over the music at the pool i thought was more for the staff than the customers, the staff were all friendly the man in the shop was grumpy. the town centre was okey but the food not so good there.

Room Tip: good rooms are in the quiet area away from the pools
Reviewed 24 June 2014

After a fantastic flight with easy jet ( I really mean that) lots of leg room, great staff, cant praise enough. We arrived at Sandos Papagaya Playa Blanca . Receptionist were very helpful, easy check in . Rooms are so big, maybe be slightly dated but very clean . We where in block B loved location ,peaceful and you could hear and see the sea.
Food is always a issue for me as I have a nut allergy. Am so pleased to say I could eat really well. The Italian is always a good chose for me, the international was good too . So what am saying is there is a great choice if I can eat so can anyone. Hope that helps anyone with a nut allergy as it is quite worrying at times.
The spirit bar shuts at 11pm which I think is fine, the snack bar stays open all night if you do need to drink more ( if you have too) that serves wine, beer and food.
Pool area is ok needs new sunbeds , nice new chill out white bar, very pleasant early evening and late. Outside the hotel you have 4 fantastic beaches on papagayo the very last one has a lovely bar restaurant hidden away up there, just beautiful ,well worth the walk . Remember take water with you. You also have a lovely new marina with bars and restaurant s. The old town and also a lovely walk to the old lighthouse. many nice little places on the way.
I have stayed in playa blanca at least 10 times, !st time at this hotel I really loved the location and the hotel was really nice too. I don't have any bad points . Go out and experience the area, its a lovely hide away ..and a beautiful part of the world I just keep going back too.

Room Tip: Block b 3 floor is just a lovely view to be fare anywhere on block b. Ladies take a extention lead...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Sol Lanzarote All Inclusive
Sol Lanzarote All Inclusive
#28 of 91 in Puerto Del Carmen
Hotel Hesperia Lanzarote Playa Dorada

Been to Sandos Papagayo Beach Resort? Share your experiences!