We arrived late Tuesday night at 10.45pm. Reception told us to go and get some food so we went to Italian Restaurant. Food wasn't great and same next morning for breakfast. Room was good and I thought it was going to be tough going. The food at lunch and dinner (evening) was much better. They have a carvery on both sittings. The food was really good, I am used to Lara beach Turkey and in some aspects it beats Turkish all inclusive. I had more choice and some of the carvery meats were top notch. Generous serving and tasty!!
The rooms are spacious and clean. We were close to the beach and we could see and hear the waves and feel the sea breeze in the room.In fact the beach was literally a stones throw away.
Some really good points are: The hotel is really clean even though it is very big. Toilets/Rooms/Eating areas are clean and tidy. This is a real achievement given the size of the hotel and the area it occupies.
The staff are really friendly and helpful. This makes for a good holiday.
Entertainment is mainly geared towards children and I preferred a family orientated holiday. We have 3 grandchildren (although we were on our own this time) and it would be ideal for them.
It was quiet at night (which is important to me) and we could sleep peacefully.
I was apprehensive at first but it won me over. In the end I would stay at this any any other hotel in the chain and feel confident that I will be looked after.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sandos Papagayo Beach Resort All Inclusive is located on the seafront in Playa Blanca, Lanzarote. The hotel is close to beaches of the Papagayo Natural Park (600m). The Timanfaya National Park is 20 km away. The rooms are spacious and bright, with a balcony with views, bathroom with hairdryer, satellite TV with international channels. Each room provides a safety deposit box (supplement charge). The complex provides four outside pools, gym, minigolf and sports center, plus spa, sauna and steam bath. It also has eight bars, a disco and a snack bar, as well as a few restaurants: - International Restaurant - Italian Restaurant - Fusion Restaurant: Alternately Mexican/Oriental Nights The front desk is 24 hour manned and has a tourist information including car rental and tour services. The hotel provides free Wi-Fi in public areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, LoveHolidays, TravelUp, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, Onthebeach, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sandos Papagayo Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandos Papagayo Arena Beach Hotel
- Papagayo Arena Lanzarote
- Papagayo Arena Resort
- Hotel Papagayo Arena
- Papagayo Arena Hotel Lanzarote
- Sandos Papagayo Beach Resort Lanzarote/Playa Blanca