After reading Gavin's review, I felt I had to share my family's experience of this fabulous hotel. We stayed the first two weeks of the school holidays and yet given that the hotel would be at its busiest, we never felt over-crowded - plenty of space round the pool, on the terraces and in the restaurants and bars. I also had reservations about the size of the hotel, but I needn't have - the large size was actually a huge advantage as it meant there was so much more choice of food, bars, pools and entertainment than we have experienced in smaller hotels. Anyone who criticises the food in this hotel should just stay in England and go to McDonald's(!) - it was excellent quality and so much choice and variation each day. We have stayed in several 5 star hotels in Turkey and in our opinion the Sandos Papagayo in Lanzarote was the best hotel we have ever stayed in. The shows in the evening (professional and animation team) were outstanding and you can also relax on the lovely chill-out terrace with a cocktail and listen to the live musicians if you prefer. The hotel was very family-friendly, yet relaxed and the children were all very well-behaved - no screaming brats running around! We didn't experience any problem getting a sunbed and certainly didn't get out of bed as early as Gavin suggested! The location of the hotel is great if you like to walk around and explore the resort. One way leads you to the beautiful Papagayo beaches , the other is the promenade that stretches for miles past other great beaches, the castle, the marina, the town centre, the port, the lighthouse... The promenade is also very popular with morning runners. You can also walk up the volcano behind the town. We were a little disappointed with some of the excursions we booked with Thomas Cook and so hired a car from the stand in the hotel on the last day to go off and see the parts of the island that we hadn't been to - highly recommended!
The only criticism we have is that we feel that we shouldn't have to pay for the Safety deposit box (3 euros per night) when we have paid for an all-inclusive holiday.
Outstanding holiday in an outstanding hotel in a beautiful part of the world!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sandos Papagayo Beach Resort All Inclusive is located on the seafront in Playa Blanca, Lanzarote. The hotel is close to beaches of the Papagayo Natural Park (600m). The Timanfaya National Park is 20 km away. The rooms are spacious and bright, with a balcony with views, bathroom with hairdryer, satellite TV with international channels. Each room provides a safety deposit box (supplement charge). The complex provides four outside pools, gym, minigolf and sports center, plus spa, sauna and steam bath. It also has eight bars, a disco and a snack bar, as well as a few restaurants: - International Restaurant - Italian Restaurant - Fusion Restaurant: Alternately Mexican/Oriental Nights The front desk is 24 hour manned and has a tourist information including car rental and tour services. The hotel provides free Wi-Fi in public areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sandos Papagayo Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandos Papagayo Arena Beach Hotel
- Papagayo Arena Lanzarote
- Papagayo Arena Resort
- Hotel Papagayo Arena
- Papagayo Arena Hotel Lanzarote
- Sandos Papagayo Beach Resort Lanzarote/Playa Blanca