As you will see from my profile, I have never felt compelled to leave a review before on Tripadvisor but I was so impressed by the H10 Lanzarote Princess that I joined! I stayed at the hotel between 22nd June-29th June on a half board basis.
From the outset, I was impressed with the hotel. The outside looks inviting but not imposing and this continued through to reception and the foyer areas, which are impressively designed and quite stunning at first sight. The reception staff were polite, helpful and courteous throughout our stay and would happily answer questions and provide us with help in anyway we needed. I was particularly impressed that after a late arrival (about 10.30pm), the hotel restaurant had provided a small buffet for us latecomers even though they had formally closed for the night. It was a welcoming start.
Our room exceeded all expectation. I was expecting something a little dated from reading other reviews but it was smart, chic and spacious for the two of us who were travelling. The bathroom was the same, with a powerful shower and plenty of hot water (not that we needed it with the heat!). We also had a lovely large terrace which was perfect for sipping cocktails on! Although we were very happy with our room, we met a couple of people who weren't but who were quickly moved upon request. In the interest of honesty, the room could have been swept a little better and the bathroom was starting to show signs of wear and tear but nothing horrific.
The hotel itself has a lot to offer; a couple of different restaurants, a coffee shop which did yummy iced coffees, a newly renovated pool/snack bar and a couple of evening bars (one piano, one show). We didn't really visit the show bar as it seemed a little cheesy but the piano bar was a nice place for a couple of drinks. The hotel is really well situated in Playa Blanca and a nice equal distance from the town itself and the Rubicon Marina......which is a little more upmarket and well worth a visit both in the day and evening. The hotel pool is a lovely area, with plenty of sunbeds; so despite it being a busy hotel we never felt cramped. Be warned however, the pool is freezing! Even on boiling hot days!
A couple of things to be aware of....the hotel doesn't except cash and everything gets charged to your room, via your credit card which they take details of on arrival. We had no issue with this but a couple of other arrivals seemed surprised. Also, use of the room safe is charged at 16 Euros a week. Overall, my friend and I had a great experience in this hotel. The staff are friendly, efficient and clearly work damn hard to try and make sure that people have a good holiday. You never saw anyone sitting around or leaving work for others....including the management. Thank you for making our stay enjoyable!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the fishing village of Playa Blanca, in the south of Lanzarote, H10 Lanzarote Princess is well renowned on the island for its facilities and high quality services. The hotel has recently been refurbished, giving it a very modern design with a vintage touch, while new services have also been added. Check out Sakura, our new oriental restaurant and pop into the new specialised coffee shop Mike's Coffee. Come and discover the Despacio Beauty Centre and, if you're looking for the extra touch of exclusivity, we can offer you Privilege, Exclusive Rooms and Services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Onthebeach, Jet2Holidays , TravelUp, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Hotel.de and HRS so you can book your H10 Lanzarote Princess reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- h10 Lanzarote Princess Hotel Playa Blanca
- h10 Lanzarote Princess Playa Blanca
- Lanzarote Princess Hotel
- Princess Hotel Lanzarote