“Home from home”

H10 Lanzarote Princess
Ranked #14 of 37 Hotels in Playa Blanca
Reviewed 8 July 2014

My wife and I love to crash-land and relax at this lovely, mature hotel. It is totally stress free. The location is perfect, being very near to the old town part of Playa Blanca. I expect that this is because it was the first hotel built there! The long-serving staff are always pleasant and helpful and the rooms, whilst not ultra smart, are clean and comfy. The gardens are superb and the pool-bar very convenient for lazy sun-bathing refreshments.
The Irish or Baileys coffees in Mike's Coffee Shop are stunning.....literally!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank David B
lnz_hlp, BOOKING DEPARTMENT at H10 Lanzarote Princess, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Dear client,

Thank you for your nice comments and for having chosen our hotel to enjoy your last holiday in Lanzarote.

We feel very happy knowing that we have complied with your expectations about the different aspects of the Hotel like the food, the room and the location.

We hope to welcome you again in our hotel,

Virginia Peyrano

Write a ReviewReviews (5,586)

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Just returned after a lovely holiday at the lanzarote princess! Only good things to say about this hotel.. So ignore the bad reviews!! From start to finish the staff were all very helpful.. Easy check in and check out and received helpful information about routines etc.
The rooms were lovely, very modern and clean! Maids always cleaned your room and changed towels etc when required.
The food was fantastic.. Something for everyone! (And that's coming from myself- a fussy eater!)
The new choza restaurant bar located outside is fabulous. We had arrived as it had recently opened. Food is delicious and so are the ice creams!!! Sure everyone would agree who has had one ha ha.
The pool area is beautiful.. And have a lot of sun loungers so no worry of reserving sun beds at 6am.
This hotel is in a fantastic location. Minutes away from the beach, bars, shops and restaurants.
The views are superb and the walk by the beach is beautiful in the sunshine.
The entertainment during the day and night time was good although we went out a lot to watch football at the bars etc.
We had a fantastic holiday and will be defiantly returning next year!!
So please please ignore the bad reviews and just go and see the hotel for yourself.. It's a stunning, we'll maintained hotel with pleasant staff.
Thank you h10 Lanzarote princess for a unforgettable holiday.. We will be defiantly returning in 2015 :) :) :)

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Joanne M
lnz_hlp, BOOKING DEPARTMENT at H10 Lanzarote Princess, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Dear Customer,

first of all we would like to thank you for choosing our hotel to spend your holidays, and recommend us to your reviews.

We're glad to know that you have enjoyed with us, our service and staff!

We hope to welcome you in the near future!

Best Regards,

Reviewed 7 July 2014

As you will see from my profile, I have never felt compelled to leave a review before on Tripadvisor but I was so impressed by the H10 Lanzarote Princess that I joined! I stayed at the hotel between 22nd June-29th June on a half board basis.

From the outset, I was impressed with the hotel. The outside looks inviting but not imposing and this continued through to reception and the foyer areas, which are impressively designed and quite stunning at first sight. The reception staff were polite, helpful and courteous throughout our stay and would happily answer questions and provide us with help in anyway we needed. I was particularly impressed that after a late arrival (about 10.30pm), the hotel restaurant had provided a small buffet for us latecomers even though they had formally closed for the night. It was a welcoming start.

Our room exceeded all expectation. I was expecting something a little dated from reading other reviews but it was smart, chic and spacious for the two of us who were travelling. The bathroom was the same, with a powerful shower and plenty of hot water (not that we needed it with the heat!). We also had a lovely large terrace which was perfect for sipping cocktails on! Although we were very happy with our room, we met a couple of people who weren't but who were quickly moved upon request. In the interest of honesty, the room could have been swept a little better and the bathroom was starting to show signs of wear and tear but nothing horrific.

The hotel itself has a lot to offer; a couple of different restaurants, a coffee shop which did yummy iced coffees, a newly renovated pool/snack bar and a couple of evening bars (one piano, one show). We didn't really visit the show bar as it seemed a little cheesy but the piano bar was a nice place for a couple of drinks. The hotel is really well situated in Playa Blanca and a nice equal distance from the town itself and the Rubicon Marina......which is a little more upmarket and well worth a visit both in the day and evening. The hotel pool is a lovely area, with plenty of sunbeds; so despite it being a busy hotel we never felt cramped. Be warned however, the pool is freezing! Even on boiling hot days!

A couple of things to be aware of....the hotel doesn't except cash and everything gets charged to your room, via your credit card which they take details of on arrival. We had no issue with this but a couple of other arrivals seemed surprised. Also, use of the room safe is charged at 16 Euros a week. Overall, my friend and I had a great experience in this hotel. The staff are friendly, efficient and clearly work damn hard to try and make sure that people have a good holiday. You never saw anyone sitting around or leaving work for others....including the management. Thank you for making our stay enjoyable!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Dear client,

Thank you very much for your comments about our H10 Lanzarote Princess.

We feel very happy knowing that you have enjoyed your stay in the hotel, and your opinion exhibit the best gratification to our daily effort.

We hope to welcome you again!

Reviewed 7 July 2014

We booked this hotel having been recommended to us by several people. Its a lovely hotel and nice and friendly. On arrival we asked to move rooms as we had booked a sea view room, we were moved to a very nice room wich had been recently refurbished and with a big balcony, no sea view but it was a lovely room. I noticed on a previuous review about the patio doors being left open, I think the cleaners leave them open to stop the air con being used! We did have a slight problem with the air con working but you just had to slam the door quite hard ( our poor neighbours must have dispaired!) The food was delicious and plenty of choice. We went for a meal in the new Sakura restaurant in the hotel and the food was amazing but the waiter was so miserable! He obviously had had a bad day or hated his job! Pity as the food as I mentioned was fab. The new pool bar was opened as we were there and it was very nice indeed. The hotel is ideally situated and I would definately recommed it.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank carolmarquis

Dear Client

first of all we would like to thank you for choosing our hotel to spend your holidays, and for recommend us in your reviews.

We are glad that you have enjoyed.

Please note that the issue of open doors, is an issue that we are dealing with the housekeeper and we promise that we are already solving.

We hope to welcome you!

Best Regards,

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Fantastic location, the public areas are lovely and the staff are all friendly and so hard working.
Great choice of food at mealtimes and Mike's coffee shop, pool bar and snack bar are all very nice too.
Good sized bedrooms and bathrooms (we stayed in room 1013). If I was to be critical, I feel the bathroom was starting to look a little tatty and the cleaners could have been more thorough which I did feed back to the hotel.
The piano bar is a lovely place to spend an evening, and the handsome man playing the piano helps with the ambience!
Have already mentioned the staff but it cannot be underestimated how much they helped to make our holiday; from efficient check in and advice from the reception desk, to friendly staff in the dining room and bar areas, they were all fabulous!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Danni6021

Dear client,

We feel very happy knowing that you have enjoyed the different aspects of the Hotel, like the service and the staff .

We hope to welcome you again in our hotel,

Reviewed 5 July 2014

I have never written a review before but I feel so strongly about our current holiday that I am writing this review on our 6th day here and we still have another 8 days to go! My family and I have had a number of issues since arriving for our 14 night all-inclusive holiday. I was extremely disappointed with the standard of the room when we arrived at 10.30pm. I feel it is dated and my children, 14 and 12 were to sleep on make shift beds for our 14 night stay. The camp style bed was acceptable for my 12 yr old as she is small, however the sheet had stains and had to be changed. My 14 yr old was to sleep on an old stained sofa bed which had no sheeting, just a pillow and a brown woollen blanket! The balcony was covered in leaves and twigs from the trees and patio furniture for two people was stacked in the corner. We were offered another room but the corridor smelled damp and the room itself was a bed short. We had no alternative but to stay in the first room and speak to our rep in the morning. The rep assured us we would find a solution. A solution had not been found. We have now accepted that we have no option but to ride this holiday out. My main issue now is the security of our room and the faulty air conditioning. In our 6 days here I have returned to the room to find the patio door unlocked 4 times. One day it was left ajar!! I have reported this to the rep and reception on each occasion but it doesn't seem to make any difference. I now only leave the hotel once the cleaner has finish so I can ensure the room is locked! We tend to carry our valuables with us (iPad, camera, phones, passports etc) prior to lunch and then use the bedroom safe in the afternoon. It is a pain but we have no choice. We have also had the air conditioning repaired twice but we now know that it works in conjunction with the patio door and this has to be firmly shut for the aircon to work. I think the doors seal is damaged from a previous intruder. The pool, food, bars are all good but the entertainment is not really for us. I was hoping there was a disco aimed at the older children/teens. If there was more modern music for them I think I as a parent would be far happier. I don't really mind for myself as the piano bar is a pleasant place to sit for a drink or a coffee. I would not return to this hotel and I would not class the accommodation and service as 4*.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Michelle A

Dear client,

Thank you very much for having chosen our hotel for spend your holidays in Lanzarote.

We take note of your opinions and we would like to thank you because these comments help to improve the quality of our service and give us the possibility to change any mistakes that have been made.

We promise you that we will talk with the heads of each department to talk about the issues you have mentioned.

If you wish, you can contact us at the reception.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

We have just got back from our holidays and overall we were pleased with the hotel. There was a slight issue on arrival, as the family room provided for my family 2 adults and 2 kids was somewhat dated. We were not happy with the room as it had a sofa made up as a bed and hospital single bed in addition to our double bed. The room was worn and very dated and was nothing like the pictures we saw when booking the holiday. We complained to the manager and I am pleased to say it was handled very well as we were moved into one of their family refurbished rooms. As a bonus we were provided a complete apartment, 2 rooms joined with a living area between both. The food was nice and varied with different dishes but bland to the taste. We went all inclusive and was dissapointed we had to pay to eat in some establishments on the complex. The staff was friendly and helpful and I would recommend this for families. Wouls we return to the hotel? Probably not as all inclusive is not actually all inclusive.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
lnz_hlp, BOOKING DEPARTMENT at H10 Lanzarote Princess, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Dear client,

We hope to welcome you again in our hotel.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Playa Blanca
Gran Castillo Tagoro Family & Fun
H10 Sentido White Suites
H10 Sentido White Suites
#6 of 37 in Playa Blanca

Been to H10 Lanzarote Princess? Share your experiences!