Firstly the waterpark advertised in the 2012 brochure is no where near finished,it is estimated to be completed in november 2012.
The hotel is undergoing quite a comprehensive refurb,currently only half the facilities are operational,but building works/noise were no problem.
The hotel is located on an elevated position overlooking playa-blanca about 2km away.with its hillside position it is very windy,especially at night giving a nasty windchill,needed a coat/jumper every night,to cold to sit outside.
We travelled with 2 children aged 12 and 9 who quickly made friends and made there own enjoyment.facilities are very lacking for older children,thank god for the pool.
The two pools were ok but both freezing cold,even the kids paddle pool was freezing.
There are free sun-beds,with no need to put towels on the night before.
The hotel itself is ok,a basic 3star,rooms are clean and tidy,linen is changed daily.
The grounds are fine, again neat and tidy,with lots of wild cats roaming around.
The pool bar was good,the hotel mainbar was ok but lacked any atmosphere,the entertainment bar was ok but all the entertainment is designed for families with small children.the animation team were good,they left you alone if you did not wish to join in the daily activities at the pool.
the nightime entertainment was dire,again fine if you have small kids.
The food was fine,breakfast; was a,full english every day..lunch; meats,fish salads...dinner; again good meats, bbq,fish salads,soups..desserts with all meals.
The pool bar offered snacks out of meal times,toasties and sandwiches but ice creams are not free as brochure suggests.
Outside the hotel we walked to the volcano from the hotel it took 40 mins the view was amazing.
There is a craft market at playa blanca on weds/saturday morning.
The hotel offers a free courtesy bus to playa blanca which is an ideal free taxi service to and from the hotel.Playa blanca is gorgeous,a promenade runs for 2km with shops,bars,restaurants
with nice beaches dotted along its length,and the main thing very little wind,felt allot warmer in playa blanca than at hotel.
The weather was fine during our stay but found the wind at the hotel quite a problem,friends of ours who stayed near to our hotel last year in august said the same thing about the wind.
Would stay in playa blanca again but nearer to beachfront and not at this hotel.
we payed £310 p/person all inc..would feel hard done by paying anymore to stay at this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- HL Hotel Paradise Island resort is situaded in a small town of Yaiza in Lanzarote, near the fishing town of Playa Blanca and the Papagayo Beaches. The HL Hotel Paradise Island is an ideal place to enjoy your holiday with your family with great facilities and service in a relaxed atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com and LoveHolidays so you can book your HL Paradise Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aparthotel Paradise Island Hotel Playa Blanca
- Paradise Island Lanzarote
- Aparthotel Paradise Island Playa Blanca
- Paradise Island Playa Blanca
- HL Paradise Island Lanzarote/Playa Blanca