“Brilliant holiday, don't listen to bad reviews”
Review of HL Paradise Island

HL Paradise Island
Ranked #30 of 37 Hotels in Playa Blanca
Reviewed 6 August 2012

Any bad reviews on here aren't worth reading. I went from the 22nd July- 5th August and had a fantastic time. All the staff are friendly and helpful. You dont have to wait long for the food and it is a wide range of foods. The animation and Thomas cook entertainment teams are fantastic. Lizzy, Rob and Sophie from the Thomas cook team work very hard and made our holiday a lot more enjoyable.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Ashley G
Write a ReviewReviews (3,269)

Reviewed 6 August 2012

This hotel has a small waterpark attached to it which can be used by members of the public. A cost of 62 Euros allowed myself and my partner with two children to use the facilities. After sliding down three slides I realised my bikini was torn in an area that would have had contact with the slides. I reported this to the lifeguards, who then took me to the waterpark supervisor, who then referred me to reception, who then made me wait for thirty minutes for the hotel manager. I was told that the damage to my bikini was not caused by the slides but possibly by a cigarette. Had this been the case I am sure I would have felt pain from the sudden source of heat being pressed directly against my skin. My shorts were not damaged, so the damage clearly took place when on the slides. The manager offered me 15% discount on my next visit. I declined. I spent three hours in that hotel, Half of that time I was in reception dealing with rude and unhelpful staff that did not apologise, nor offer my a complaint form, moreover, accused me of being a liar and reduced me to tears. I would not recommend this hotel or the waterpark to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
9  Thank RennieLeeds
Reviewed 4 August 2012

I am just back 23rd July to 3rd August with two other families.

I read the reviews and was horrified to the degree I tried to change the hotel at the last minute however I was pleasantly surprised.

Firstly the water park (Dino Park) is totally finished - its excellent and the kids all loved it (aged 12 - 16) there is a smaller area for ypunger kids which is also excellent.

Check in was painless - the staff were friendly and efficient. There were safe keys for every apartment (no waiting list that I had previously read).

The apartment was spotless and was cleaned every day as well as a change in towels.

All incl - the breakfasts and lunches were fine always something to eat. The dinners were ok again you wouldn't go hungry.

The beds were fine - we all slept well. The air conditioning had to be paid for but was worth it.

It was remote but there was an hourly bus to and from the beach and 3 - 4 Euros in a taxi to the main area at night.

It was a 3 star and we got what we paid for. I wouldn't go again BUT if you are going you will have a good time - its not as bad as some people have said on these reviews

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
10  Thank Gillian2621
Reviewed 3 August 2012

went on the 22nd july untill 2nd of aug 2012,
do not read anything into the bad reviews we were in room 501 a two bed apartment,it was cleaned 5 days a week.food was very good,anybody that could not find anything to eat must be very fussy,air con was constantly on,yes you do have to leave deposit on most things but you do get it back,entertainment was NOT good and in a room underground with no air con it is like a sauna it is very uncomfortable in there at nite,no other entertainment anywhere else in hotel,only one barperson on bar very long queues when people getting 10 drinks at a time,waterpark is fully opened and very good all pools are open and plenty of sunbeds to use,entertainment team very good and do work very hard.the thomas cook rep lucia is very helpfull and was there nearly every day,i would have no problem in going back to this hotel

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
14  Thank tonkwigan
Reviewed 2 August 2012

We arrived really nervous after numerous negative reviews we had read but we were pleasantly surprised.
The room was fantastic,we had a safe and key which on the reviews were led to believe they were like gold dust. Aircon is fantastic(you only pay a deposit for the remote control) and wifi all around the hotel is good(you do have to pay a supplement but reasonable.Apartment clean spacious and well maintained.
Never had an issue with queing for drinks or food as stated in reviews.
Always able to get a sunlounger and the new waterpark is fantastic, with little or no queues.
Food is typical Allinclusive with something for everyone.
So to roundup don't worry about the negative reviews we would be quite happy to return again. We had booked with Direct Holidays part of Thomas Cook so had no surprise additional expenses has made out in other reviews.

• Stayed: August 2012
12  Thank Hellybelly1971
Reviewed 30 July 2012

We have been here twice this year and everything is totally perfect the food is amazing. Clean beautiful hotel. We cant wait to go again. Ignore the moaners. Its brilliant and the staff are friendly and helpful. You wont find a lovelier hotel in lanzarote

• Stayed: June 2012
23  Thank gibraltar2121
Reviewed 29 July 2012

if people had read a review that i wrote in march after coming back from so called paradise you would never have gone in the first place and wasted your money, thomas cook need to sort things there, of pull out of the complex completley and offer a decent 3 star that will give value for money,please listen to the complaint as they are not just winging most of what is said is true please dont waste your money.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple