The apartment was fine, clean, but no frills. The Bar and common hotel areas indoors were good. When busy the main bar was overcrowded by people more interested in their iPads than having a drink and a chat. The hotel "free wifi" was poor and usually didn't allow a connection. The hotel also offered alternative wifi for a charge. Hmmm....
Outside, the swimming pools were nice, well kept, clean and child friendly. Also the water slide park made for good fun. When the hotel was busy the sun loungers were all reserved via towel before breakfast, which (as per anywhere else) is annoying. There was no policy or policing of this.
My only complaint about the hotel is that the food was not good. It was very much the same offering every day and after the 2nd day became very disappointing in terms of range and quality. A lot of cheap food was served (chicken & pork) along with a lot of pasta & potato dishes. The salad was never looked appetising. The so-called "theme nights" were no different - more chicken/pork/pasta/chips.
Additionally, i found mealtimes stressful due to the amount of people running round uncontrollably and cutting queues.
I have been to other all inclusive hotels where the food was much better and we even went out of the hotel for dinner at the end of our holiday as we were so sick of the food.
The hotel is not badly situated, and there is a nice beach a 20-25 minute walk away. A taxi to the nearest town for shopping/market/bars etc was about €4. There is nothing within a 5-10 minute walk at all though.
Overall the hotel and facilities were fine, especially for a family holiday with the children. However the food was pretty poor.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel is situated in a slightly elevated location at the edge of the village Playa Blanca, approx. 1500 mtrs from the beach and approx. 2000 mtrs from the village centre with it’s bars, restaurants and shops. A free bus shuttle service to the Playa Dorada beach is arranged several times a day. The hotel consists of 290 modern apartments (renovated 2015/16) which are allocated in two story apartments. The main building offers a lobby with reception, bar and TV corner. It also offers three restaurants - an international, an Asian and an Italian one. The facilities includes as well a mini market, a pool bar, a gym and a disco. In the well kept gardens you will find 4 swimming pools (one of them heated 01/11-30/04) and a sun terrace with sun beds and umbrellas (free of charge). Pool towels will be provided against a small deposit. The water park “Dino Park”, which is opened daily, is attached to the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your HL Paradise Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aparthotel Paradise Island Hotel Playa Blanca
- Paradise Island Lanzarote
- Aparthotel Paradise Island Playa Blanca
- Paradise Island Playa Blanca
- HL Paradise Island Lanzarote/Playa Blanca