Holidayed with my husband and our two girls, aged 5 and 6, from 24th April for a week (All Inclusive).
Our room was spotless and cleaned frequently (we even told the maid to miss a day one morning), although admittedly we only used it as a base. There were beautiful, fresh-cut hibiscus flowers in our room on arrival and every time the maid came. The kids were initially a bit put out by sleeping on the sofa but both slept really well every night so they must have been comfortable. The room had air con and a television although we didn’t really use or need the air con. The TV obviously worked without needing the remote control but we hired one from reception anyway just for ease (€10 refundable deposit). Our beds were comfortable (if a little firm for me but that’s just personal preference) and we had
We only popped to the water park once – the girls enjoyed playing in the kids’ pool but really weren’t that interested in playing on the slides, so we tended to stick to the main pools. The pools themselves were really nice including a cute toddlers’ pool, and a main pool with two shallow areas at either end for the kids to play safely. There was an issue with the filter in the small pool toward the end of our holiday (probably not helped by people letting their kids muck about with the filter tiles). The hotel staff noticed and were on the case pretty quickly though, so I don’t think it caused anyone any problems. There were rows of free loungers so you could always find somewhere to park yourself. Getting ones with a bit of shade was slightly trickier but generally okay.
There was a free bus available to get to the beach from the hotel which I think ran every hour. We headed down to the beach which was just absolutely beautiful. Reception were happy to call you a cab into town costing approx €4 (about a 5 minute drive) for a bit of shopping, and access to bars and restaurants.
I loved the fact that hotel guests were from a range of different countries as you really felt you’d gone on holiday (rather than a ‘Butlins in the sun’ type of place). We found all of the hotel guests to be pleasant and friendly, without exception.
We found the variety of food on offer in the restaurant just amazing! We didn't use the pool-side food for anything other than mid-afternoon cakes and ice-creams. There was so much to choose from there was no hope of being good (the diet is on now we’re back home now). Like most parents I suppose we were slightly concerned that we wouldn’t be able to encourage our children to eat well, but there was usually cooked potatoes and meat or sausages that we made into mash faces. There was also always vegetables available; either cooked with the main meals or fresh salad. Meat and two veg = job done! Yes it’s not the exact food you are used to at home, but you’re not at home. There were chips all day if you wanted them – we were mean with the kids and had a rule that if they had any for lunch they couldn’t have them for dinner (so mean!). Meant they ate rice, potatoes or bread otherwise (they weren’t much interested in the pasta).
Both the Hotel and the Thompson animation teams worked long hours but were always pleasant and friendly. We did dance class and yoga with Andrea – he was absolutely lovely and was our five year old’s fave. The Thompson reps were also great with the kids, particularly Dan and Katie. Our girls loved the nightly mini disco and games but we didn’t tend to stay out much after that so can’t really comment upon entertainment.
Overall I would wholeheartedly recommend this hotel.
Thank you Paradise Island x
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel is situated in a slightly elevated location at the edge of the village Playa Blanca, approx. 1500 mtrs from the beach and approx. 2000 mtrs from the village centre with it’s bars, restaurants and shops. A free bus shuttle service to the Playa Dorada beach is arranged several times a day. The hotel consists of 290 modern apartments (renovated 2015/16) which are allocated in two story apartments. The main building offers a lobby with reception, bar and TV corner. It also offers three restaurants - an international, an Asian and an Italian one. The facilities includes as well a mini market, a pool bar, a gym and a disco. In the well kept gardens you will find 4 swimming pools (one of them heated 01/11-30/04) and a sun terrace with sun beds and umbrellas (free of charge). Pool towels will be provided against a small deposit. The water park “Dino Park”, which is opened daily, is attached to the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Stayforlong S.L., getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and TripOnline SA so you can book your HL Paradise Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aparthotel Paradise Island Hotel Playa Blanca
- Paradise Island Lanzarote
- Aparthotel Paradise Island Playa Blanca
- Paradise Island Playa Blanca
- HL Paradise Island Lanzarote/Playa Blanca