“Excellent Hotel! Highly Recommended” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of H10 Timanfaya Palace

H10 Timanfaya Palace
Ranked #1 of 38 Hotels in Playa Blanca
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Excellent Hotel! Highly Recommended”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

On arrival we were greeted by prompt checkin staff who informed us our room wasn't available. They took our bags and arranged for them to be dropped off in our room later on.

We took this time to wander around the grounds which were immaculate - they were cleaned regularly and every day we noticed maintenance work of some variety or another.

Our room was on the 2nd floor on the left hand side and although a standard double we had a sea view from our balcony which was kindly arranged by the manager. We also had cava and red wine delivered shortly after we got let into the room. This was a nice touch as well as the nightly turn down service (which included refreshment of towels and weather report).

The meals in the buffet were fine for us however we thought there could have been more variety but then again we aren't really into buffet sort of meals. The quality of the food and freshness was excellent however, especially the show cooking.

The pool area was beautiful and I liked that they reserved an area for less able bodied people to sit - the hotel is very disabled friendly although we didn't have anyone in that category. We always found an area to sit by the pool even at 'peak time' - the fact they removed towels from the pool before 9.30am meant that there was always a good choice in the morning for a lounger.

The only negatives we had were that we felt being charged for the in-room safe and fridge was a bit cheeky for a 4-star hotel and the noise level from our room in the morning was bad because the kitchens were along the corridor - a lot of clanking pots and pans and cutlery. They were in the middle of building dividing walls and doors at the end of the corridors I noticed, so this shouldn't be an issue in the future.

The location was excellent - a 10 min walk to the port and a further 10 mins from there to Playa Blanca central.

Overall a great hotel with courteous staff, clean rooms and a good location!

7 Thank jackcoyle7
Jose Angel V, General Manager at H10 Timanfaya Palace, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Dear jackcoyle7,

Thank you for your nice review and your rate of 5 points!.

Sorry, but we must charge for the frigde and for the safe. All inclusive have the fridge (empty) free, and privilege have fridge (empty) and safe free.

About the noise, you are right... Those rooms are really nice (.... in short they are going to be superior / privilege rooms), but sometimes they are a bit noisy because of the kitchen and loundry.

We are now building a new wall and door to close the noise.

Thank you. Kind regards,

José Angel Vazquez

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,918)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

We have just returned from the H10 Timanfaya after a brilliant 11day break. Usually half way through the holiday I am packing ready to go home but not with this holiday.

We booked a standard double room on All Inclusive and it was worried about what the room would be like, due to previous reviews. We got a room on the 1st floor looking out onto the path (not the pool side) and we were really happy with it. If you looked down over the balcony you could see a large skip with broken furniture but when sitting on the balcony it was not visible. It got plenty of sun in the afternoon and evening. However we were not there to sit in the room or on the balcony.
The room was large with a fridge (€5 deposit), a safe (€25 for 11days), kettle and coffee and tea provided. The bed was so comfy and big, the best I've slept in on holiday for a long time. The maid was thorough and didn't disturb you.
The staff, from reception, bar staff, restaurant staff and entertainment team, were very friendly and professional. They smiled all the time (we didn't see anyone being grumpy or over-familiar), had time to chat and joke, and really made the difference. They seemed to enjoy their job but they did work hard. We had a small problem with the safe and it was attended to within a half hour.

Food in the restaurant was varied and plentiful. The desserts were the best we have seen on All Inclusive - often desserts taste the same but look different through the colourings used - not at the Timanfaya. They certainly added to the extra lbs we went home with! It is also the first hotel on AI where we haven't felt the pressure of searching for a table on the evening. Regarding the trouser rule - it does say it on the Thomson website and on the H10 website so people shouldn't be surprised or complain. In fact it was nice to see people getting dressed up for dinner (though some young women did have on small outfits - my husband wasn't complaining though!!!)

I won't repeat what others have said about the hotel or resort but there is one final thing I will say. The thing that struck my husband and I about the hotel and staff was the kindness and consideration extended to guests with physical disabilities and special needs. They went out of their way to help them in the restaurant and around the pool. There was one family with a Downs Syndrome young man and all staff welcomed them each evening with such love and care that we knew we were in a special hotel.

We have recommended this hotel to friends and family, and hope to return in the future. Thank you for a brilliant holiday.

Sleep Quality
8 Thank Yve75
Jose Angel V, General Manager at H10 Timanfaya Palace, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Dear Yve75,

Thank you very much indeed for such a nice review and for your rate of 5 points.

We are looking forward seeing you back.

Blandford Forum, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

Just got back from a week at Timanfaya Palace. What an amazing week it was right from when we arrived until we left. What stands out for us is the exceptional service from the bar staff. The waitresses/waiters especially were amazing very quick and always smiling and very polite. Our room was very clean and tidy however there was one day where the cleaner did not do such a good job, leaving dirty wine glasses and a empty wine bottle in our room and not emptying the bin, otherwise it was of very high standard. The food really was amazing and so much choice I found it impossible to try everything and judging by my waistline I certainly gave it a good try!.we went for a week all inclusive and found that this was really good value for money especially considering that branded spirits and cocktails ( which by the way the mojito is the best I've ever tasted!!!) were all included. We stayed in a ground floor room and found yes the room was dark and not the best view in the world but your on holiday how much time are you going to spend in your room anyway!. The entertainment in the evening was varied and had enough going on in the lounge bar and disco bar, though the noise from the disco bar can at times overpower the music in the lounge bar. I agree with a previous comment about some of the entertainment staff who seemed to rather enjoy walking up and down the aisles during performances and flicking hair which was at times rather distracting and annoying!!!.our main gripe about the place was in fact about other guests rather than the staff itself. Why do they feel it is necessary to place rubbish such as plastic bottles in the outside ashtrays rather than the bin! There were plenty of bins around it's just really lazy and a hazard!. I feel that I can't award 5 stars as this would mean that the place was perfect and no room for improvement, which in my eyes there is always room for improvement. However what I think stands to a testament of a place worth staying is would you go back?and would you recommend to friends and family to which my answer is YES to both. Thank you to all the team at Timyanfaya Palace for making our holiday so amazing and relaxing!

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Angela T
Dear Angela T,

Thank you very much for your review.

I'm glad that you had a lovely holidays.

I sorry that we don't have the same point of view when we rate a hotel.... 5 points doesn't mean 5 stars hotel, it means that hotel and staff in general is very good and enjoyed the holidays.
If you see our rates, the last 2 years 90% of the rates were 5 points... Be sure that we keep the same effort when we get 5 points thant when we get 4. We don't do more effort when someone rates us 4 points to reach the 5 points. We do more effort when our guests rate us 5 points to keep the standar...

Anyway, thanks for your point of view.

Nice pictures.

Regards,

Wales
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

Stayed at the TImanfaya Palace 1st week in June, all inclusive. I will just point out my little quibbles first. I agree with previous reviews regarding arriving early and the rooms not ready,not a big deal as had a walk around and some lunch, dress code- especially some of the females at evening meals, tea and coffee in the restaurant could be improved on and we were disappointed with breakfast the morning we left, as we had an early flight home the restaurant wasn't in full swing! those quibbles aside we had a lovely time. The hotel itself was excellent, all staff were friendly and helpful, we didn't go every night but the nights we did we enjoyed the entertainment. We paid extra for a sea view room, although we weren't high up we did have a lovely view, the room was comfortable and clean, no complaints what so ever about the food, something to suit everyone, all in all a really good holiday.

Room Tip: It's worth paying extra for a sea view room.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank cazza2714
Jose Angel V, General Manager at H10 Timanfaya Palace, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Dear cazza2714,

Thank you for your nice review and your rate of 5 points!!!.

Sorry if you come very early and rooms are not ready.... Guests may stay in the room till 12:00 and we need time to clean a prepare the room. I understand you... sorry!. We give the possibility to let the luggage in the luggage room and enjoy the hotel from the 1st minute!.

Tipperary, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

Travelled here with my (future mother in law)!!! on the 6th of June. I got some mixed views on my experience but not on the actual hotel itself. The hotel and grounds are fab, very well cared for. The pool - where do i start - if you wanted to end up with Hypothermia go for it!!! there is an heated indoor pool up from the nudist area haha yes you read it correctly but to be honest it's a bit of a waste as its hardly used.
Now for my mixed part - reception staff are very rude and not very helpful.
You can NOT use money in this hotel, I've never experienced anything of the sort before on my travel. Everything goes on your room number and when you request the bill it reads like double dutch, so you have to ask for it to be itemised (greeted with a tutt and grump) this takes a further 5-6 hours to have it ready - honestly it would drive you crazy.
The entertainment is geared up for an older crowd, when i say older - retirement age (sorry no offence to that age group intended).
We went half board - the food - im vegetarian and fairly fussy and no complaints warrent in this department.
It's a good bit out from Playa Blanca and we didn't find the actual centre until the 2nd last day. Its a good 25 mins walk
So keep the above in mind but an overall relaxing holiday

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Tash76_12
Dear Tash76_12,

Thank you for your review!.

In the Canaries we heat the pools from november to abril, and from may to october no hotel heat them. I agree with you that they are a bit cold. I normally need 5 minutes to come into the water... I'm not so brave :/ In H10 Timanfaya Palace we are an exception and keep the glass covered pool heated the whole year: 29ºC in winter and 25ºC in summer.

We have the nudist area (closed and discret) 50 m. from the indoor pool, and we have 2 more solariums. In septembre we close that little nudist area and we open a new one very big, very nice, with a wonderful view and far away from any public area of the hotel.

We are the only hotel I know where guests can swim very quite and don't have to worry about their wallet, as you don't need money in the hotel. You get a copy of your order, and you can ge your ticket everytime you take a drink. You have to ask for it, we don't give the second paper automatically as none takes it and it is a waste of paper. If you ask for it, we give it always. Moreover, we send the bill to your room the night before departure, so w give you time to check it quietly and if you have any doubt we explain it at the reception.

Shropshire, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

We returned last Friday after a 7 day 'chill out' at the Timanfaya Palace. From check in to check out everything was great, and I would recommend this hotel.

The bedroom was spacious and recently refurbished the furnishing was very cool looking and modern, the bathroom too was spacious both cleaned to a high standard and the linen replaced daily.

All the staff very friendly and polite always smiling even under pressure.

The food was of a high standard and plenty of choice and I'm a bit on the 'picky' side, the sweets were to die for, each night I went with good intentions, but alas, will power went out of the door faster than Usain Bolt!

There are plenty of sun loungers, and the gardens are very well laid out so that there is plenty of space and you are not over crowded.

We will definitely be returning, the end of November/December for two weeks.

The management team are to be recommended for the smooth running of this hotel, which also reflects on the staff.

Room Tip: High floor with afternoon sun.
      Cleanliness
2 Thank Gilay29
Dear cazza2714,

Thank you very much for your nice review and your rate of 5 points. Gracias!.

See you in November/December!! :D

Birkenhead, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

This hotel is an amazing place. Spotlessly clean, food really good. My husband is such a fussy eater but can always find more than enough to fill him.
The staff are like one big family and they include all the guests as part of that family. They are all fantastic but feel that I must mention and say a particular thank you to Javier, The Assistant General Manager, Fran the Maître de, Pepe, Restaurant section Head, Daniel Ruiz a waiter in the Restaurant, Chris, Carlos and Enrique, bar managers, Alan and Sidi, bar staff and not forgetting Marisa who came to do our turn down service each evening.
The entertainment was excellent, Kelli along with the team and the resident duo Joel and Sean all worked extremely hard.
We had brilliant weather and the atmosphere was so good with so much interaction between the guests. I don't think I heard one person complain about anything and in all honesty I don't think there was anything to complain about.
As I said another amazing hotel, we will be back.

Room Tip: All the rooms are excellent although some have better views.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Kath M
Dear Kath M,

GRACIAS!!!!!!!!!. 3rd stay (or 3rd review!). I really appreciate it!!!.

I copy your review and give to my staff with your compliments.

See you soon back!!. Kind regards,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Playa Blanca
Gran Castillo Tagoro Family & Fun Playa Blanca
Lani's Suites de Luxe
Lani's Suites de Luxe
#1 of 94 in Puerto Del Carmen

Been to H10 Timanfaya Palace? Share your experiences!