“i LOVE IT”

Ranked #1 of 38 Hotels in Playa Blanca
libbyl;and
“i LOVE IT”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2010

A lovely, quiet hotel, that is so so relaxing. Ive lost count of how many times we've visited this hotel, think its about 15. Ive been at least once a year since I was 15 with my parents and its absolutely brilliant.

The staff are friendly, rooms great with a lovely balcony although we have always paid extra for sea view. The food is amazing and you can help yourself to a glass of fizz at breakfast time Every evening is a themed night for example, spanish, mexican, italian... the choice of food excellent, always hot and the dining room is very clean.

I would advise hiring a car at least part of your holiday, there are some fantastic little fishing villages to visit, you must try one of the local dishes - sizzling prans in garlic. If youve not been before, the volcanos are great to explore.

Its about a 15/20 min walk to the shops but its on a promenade so its a nice walk.

I now have a family of my own and cannot wait to take my new baby next month, my husband is working so will be returning with my parents for a quiet, relaxing week....bliss!!!

(Only thing I wouls say about lanzarote is it can get very windy, so be prepared to search for sheltered spots. Ladies you might as well leace the hair straighteners at home!)

• Stayed March 2009
1 Thank pippit

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,957)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Dublin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2010

We have travelled to Lanzarote for winter sun breaks on at least 5 previous occasions and this was definitely one of our best holidays. The hotel is aprox 30 mins drive from Lanzarote airport on a good road and its location is Playa Blanca is second to none. We stayed in one of the deluxe double rooms which have recently been renovated to a very high standard and are very luxurious with sea views. The hotel backs directly onto the sea with a promenade behind it with lovely walks. The sun beds were very plentiful and the pool area is very nice. For those who like a real beach there is small bay approx 5 mins walk away, although it is currently undergoing some work.

The staff were friendly and efficient and looked after us very well. We had booked half board and upgraded to all inclusive for €25 each per day, and it worked out well. The food was very good, in plentiful supply and with lots of choice. There was entertainment every night which we enjoyed, and this included flamenco dancers, magicians and acrobats. The bar staff are also very entertaining as well.

The hotel is approx 15/20 mins walk to Playa Blanca and and 30 mins to the Rubicon Marina where there are a number of lovely shops and a market twice a week.

Overall we had an excellent holiday and returned home with our batteries fully recharged.

4 Thank PatandSusan
Scotland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2010

Me and my partner stayed at the H10 Timanfaya Palace for 4 nights end of January. On arrival at the hotel I was greeted with a genuine welcome and first impression quite good.
After quite a long walk to our room on the second floor we arrived to find our balcony looked out onto a bare volcanic rock mound below street level and to the left a pile of old building materials (wood, stones, concrete mixer etc...) Although I did not pay for a sea view room, it is not what I was expecting! When I enquired at reception I was advised that there would be a charge to move to a Sea View room (I recall 16? euros per person, per night - don't quote me on that!) which to be honest I grudged to pay and decided against. The room in general was dated with worn furniture with however with a brand new Samsung widescreen tv. The bed was large and comfortable and the the washroom was spacious with complimentary amenities. On the downside, our room smelt rather damp and musty and although looked clean at first, could have been doing with a deep clean at closer inspection. By what I can gather from other reviews, the hotel is going through a room refirb programme at the moment.

Looking forward to our evening meal, we were fairly impressed with the dining experience, appearing to be the usual Spanish hotel buffet style. The staff in the busy dining room were all polite and always busy ensuring tables were cleared promptly. Evening entertainment was pretty poor in my opinion, a reptile show with the presenters aim to get photos of you with the reptile, then to get a bill for 10 Euros per picture! A Magic and Flamenco show were also viewed which were better. The bar in the reception area appeared popular with a pianist playing in the background.

One dissapointment I would say is the cleanliness of the common areas, corridors and washrooms. For a hotel of this size I never once saw a cleaner in any of these areas.

The pool areas were pleasant with numerous spots for sunbathing with towels available from reception. Leading off of the poolarea is a lovely promenade walk you can take either direction along the beachfront.

To sumarise, we had a comforable stay although maybe a tad dissapointed when we visited other hotels in the area we could have stayed in for not much difference in price! The hotel I am sure would have been beautiful when it was built some time ago, but the Timanfaya Palace is in definite need of upgrading, especially if it is to retain its 4 star status and tour operator recommendations. Im sorry but I would not recommend this hotel to a friend unless its a real bargain! When I return to Playa Blanca I will consider staying at the H10 Rubicon Palace or the Natura Palace, both nearby.

2 Thank abz_cabincrew
Cornwall
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2010

We have been to Playa Blanca previously and like it. First impressions of the Timanfaya were positive with reception staff welcoming and helpful. Upgraded from FB to AI on arrival for 12 euros/day each. Worth doing for us as we enjoy wine with our meals and the house (H10) wines were fine. Our third floor room had not been re-furbished but was fine - although the shower temperature did vary significantly. The grounds of the hotel are extensive with several pools and plenty of places to sit. Incredibly, there are still some morons out there who think that it’s fine to 'reserve' their own sunbed on the off-chance they might want to use it and some point during the day. Saw quite a lot of people with wheel chairs so this hotel must be well-suited to those who have difficulty with stairs/steps. We have stayed at Paradise Island and Papagayo Arena and this hotel is better than both. The main resort is a pleasant fifteen minute walk away. Dining experience was generally positive but there were a few problems with dirty plates and the buffet food not hot enough. Lunch was a very quiet affair with relatively few people eating in the main dining room. Only a few tables set for lunch and when, on our first day, we sat at a table set for dinner rather than lunch a rude member of staff brusquely indicated another table. Hotel Manager: When this happens, your staff should either reset the table for lunch or explain the situation and politely conduct guests to a table set for lunch. Weather was good during our stay with blue skies and mid-twenty temperatures. Service generally was ‘mixed’. Some staff excellent and others poor. Piano bar entertainment was fine – didn’t bother with disco bar or with excursions. We spoke to a number of people who have stayed at this hotel on numerous occasions who tell us that the hotel, though still good, is not as good as it once was. We liked it and will probably go again.

2 Thank tonyfCornwall
Ottawa, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2010

Although I have rated the hotel as "Average" or 3, I would still recommend this hotel for the value oriented vacation traveller.

The H10 Timafaya Palace has a few great thing going for it, which is reflected in its relatively high star rating.

From a "look" perspective, the outside of the hotel as well as the common areas do offer a sense of grandeur and affordable luxury. The pools are great and there are several activities available. I was also relatively pleased with the food offering at the Timanfaya palace. Breakfast-wise, the same food was served every single day. Variety was acceptable and food quality was above average. Staff had some trouble keeping up in having all stations replenished in time but nonetheless, breakfast was a good experience. I had diner there only once and I have to say that it represented tremendous value. Once again, food quality was above average and there was something for everyone.

Unfortunately, there are a few negative with this place. The "king sized" beds are really two single beds side by side (which is quite common in Europe). My own bed was extremely uncomfortable and uneven, which seem to suggest that these beds have experienced "extreme" activity whether it is kids jumping on them... or else, and should have been replaced a while ago. The decor was simplistic and soundproofing quasi-inexistant. Water pressure/temperature (shower) was also another major problem as the temperature could move to freezing cold to scalding hot within seconds.

Housekeepig was uneven as amenities were replenished on some days, and not on others (and sometimes, what was restocked were the amenities already in the room).

Overall, front desk staff was very friendly but more or less useful. I had a particular situation that required attention and the front desk staff did not look to interested in offering "suitable" options or alternative to deal with the matter.

Given the price paid, I am still satisfied with my stay at this hotel, but expectations were somewhat higher than what I have experienced.

Other information: This hotel does not seem to cater to a specific group, although I would say that the majority of guests during my stay were young couples, young friends vacationing together and families. It is a "casual" place - but enforcing a dress code for diner (ie: no swim suits, shorts...). It is close to some of the beaches and the ferry to Furteventura. Timanfaya and the airport are a relatively short drive to/from this hotel (approx. 30-40 minutes)

1 Thank ottwatrvllr
nottinghamshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2010

On arrival at the hotel we had a very quick and efficient check in.We were 9 hours late and exhausted.We then faced a 10 minute hike to our rooms along dreary and dim corridors.We never thought we would find the room.Our room was pleasant on the first floor with a partial sea view near the promenade.We had a bottle of wine waiting for us but would have prefered a bottle of water after the walk......I believe the rooms are looking quite tired although the bedlinen was very fresh looking and we did have a newish 32 inch lcd tv although it only had 2 english language channels.The bathroom leaves a lot to be desired. We have had better in 3t hotels in Greece.The plumbing looked quite tired and rusty.the shower was not very good quality.The toewls were fresh and quite new looking. We had a selection of bathroom products to use.There were areas in the room that could have done with better cleaning. We had sand in the bottom of the wardrobe!!!!!!!!.The next morning we awoke refreashed and ready for breakfast. What a feast nothing was absent from a truly wonderful buffet.Plenty of seating with waiters serving us hot fresh coffee.
We had took advantage of the 1p per night full board upgrade so lunch was an equal delight choosing from either the pool bar or main restaurant.our evening meal experience was not quite as impressive I can only describe the experience as a 'bun fight' it was manic and a survival of the fittest,or hungriest!!!!!!This might be a concern to some because the hotel only had 50per cent capacity.The food was well cooked and there was a wonderful salad bar we did find the deserts to be repetitive and certainly not upto the standard that was being portrayed. We upgraded to all incl for 12 e each per day.This was a wise move wine stars at 12e a bottle so we easily got value for money with a few coffees and a cocktail in the piano bar.The entertainment was excellent,The piano bar provided a great atmosphere with very attentive waiters.tje outside areas are great a lovelypool area.It was being tidied while we were there.It is a fantastic location with a lovely walk to the centre of playa Blanca.ferries run to Fuerteventura for 25e return.
We had a wonderful holiday and perfect weather despite a few negatives.It has a great atmosphere and feels very spacious

3 Thank slc1
England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2009

The hotel is about 30mins from the airport and will cost 40 euro's in a taxi (one way), so would be better to pre book transfer before hand. Hotel is everything that you could hope for, and would recommend it to all our friends. We went full board but it is too much food. There is lots of choice for Breakfast and Dinner, but we found the lunchtime menu was the same three options every day , we only went for lunch on two occassions when we had missed breakfast. The hotel has a show on each evening and we didn't expect it to be any good, well! we were really surprised. We thoroughtly enjoyed the show, the only thing was the disco was supposed to follow but when the show finished everyone left. I think this may have been due to the fact it was in December. Also a lot of the bars had closed but we did find a different one each night.
Lanzarote is a lovely place to visit, would definately visit hotel again.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
Gran Castillo Tagoro Family & Fun Playa Blanca
Lani's Suites de Luxe
Lani's Suites de Luxe
#1 of 94 in Puerto Del Carmen

Been to H10 Timanfaya Palace? Share your experiences!