4,374 results
All reviewsisla de loboskiko landfamily blockdon giovannila haciendablock dthe main hotelhalf boarda la carte restaurantsguest relationstapassoft playsea viewkids clublower poolturn down servicefantastic hotel
Reviewed 31 July 2011

I stayed at this hotel with my two young children for one week. The Hotel is clean and the staff are friendly but the place lacks any type of atmosphere. I think this is beacuse it is so big and works on the turnover of large number of guests who stay for at least a week. As a result there is a distinct lack of personal contact with the guests. We had a suite which was large and had a good but basic standard of finishings. Our view was described as a garden and partial sea view. This statement was incorrect in that our view consisted of a vacant site next door and a very distant partial view of the sea. The food in each of the restaurants ( I tried them all) was bland, boring, expensive and of a very average standard. The pool area was fine but to get a lounger you had to have your towel in place by 8am. On our day of leaving I asked for a late check out as our flight was leaving in the evening. Despite the fact that out room was not in use the following day I was told it would be 10 euros for each hour we used the room after 12pm. I felt having spent the week in this expensive hotel eating their expensice food (x 3) this was poor judgement on the part of management. Overall my personal experience was that this is not a 5 star hotel (4 star at best) and not good value for money.

2  Thank Johnny1066
Reviewed 29 July 2011

This hotel is perfect for a family holiday, offering so much for kids but great for the adults too. The staff cannot do enough for you, and the hotel is extremely well maintained and quite luxurious. The indoor gardens are perfect to relax in out of the sun, and the kids and adults pools are ample for the size of the hotel. There are plenty of sunbeds and shades around the pools making an ideal spot to spend relaxing days.
Breakfast is something to savour, for choice, quality and quantity! Don't miss it.
Particularly if you have kids, half board is well worth going for. Three excellent buffet restaurants, two open each evening. Again food quality and service all you would want, plus relaxing atmosphere and efficient friendly staff. My only suggestion would be maybe some themed buffets to widen the choice for those eating every night, but having said that we never had to repeat the same meal over a week's stay, and we really did eat well!
The suite accommodation is very spacious and comfortable, and worth the extra.
All in all, I would highly recommend this hotel, and I'm sure we will return soon.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Dave013
Reviewed 29 July 2011

It's rated as a 5 star hotel and we would agree with that rating. The customer service was great. We had cause to contact guest services about the time of our 'turn down' as it was too late for us (start of holiday, young children going to bed fairly early) and this was followed up not once but twice by the hotel to check that it was now happening to our satisfaction (it was). Gluten free pasta and bread available on request and when pre-ordered, always appeared as if by magic!

Reviewed 29 July 2011

It was our first visit to Lanzarote and therefore our first to Princesa Yaiza. DH was apprehensive what to expect having done extensive research, but he needn't have worried!
Our suite in D block was perfect - plenty of room but compact enough for both kiddies (4 & almost 1) to know where we were and vice versa.
A small kitchen area enabled us to keep bottles, dummies, bibs etc clean and the stocked fridge still had plenty of room for milk and a few cheeky beers & vino rosados (purely medicinal!!!). They provided a microwave steriliser should we have needed one - just enough to ensure that you don't have to pack your kitchen sink for a lovely holiday. In fact, pretty much whatever you'd like, I think the staff would bend over backwards to help you with. Indeed, we had a changing table in the suite, full blackout curtains (enough to ensure mid afternoon sun doesn't penetrate) and a highchair even without asking.
The downside is that I agree with previous reviewers about the towels on sunbeds. We witnessed a family hog 4 beds for a week from 9.30 to at least 1 every day whilst they then went to another pool shared by other blocks to hog yet another 4 sunbeds.......In the meantime other families were turned away. It didn't spoil our holiday but certainly miffed me and I wish I had acted sooner to resolve the issue.
I added the grievance to our end of holiday evaluation form and Elisa did speak to the pool attendant whilst I was present. I hope it gets resolved.
On a positive, the shows in Salon Timanfaya each night entertained us all, and the legend of Kiko lives on in our household!!

Reviewed 28 July 2011

Just back from our second visit to the Princess Yaiza, having stayed their last April (2010). All the other hundreds of reviews have probably covered the bases already, but just wanted to add our very positive view on this hotel to those that are already posted. In summary, its a great place for a family holiday, with particular strengths in children's entertainment (Kikoland and the evening shows) and also the family suites. The latter are exceptionally spacious and whilst not truly kitted out for self catering, overall they are perfect for a family that likes to have some space.

Other point of note - the staff at the hotel are very friendly and go out of their way to help. For families staying in the D (suite) block, which is somewhat separate from the main hotel, a separate public relations person (Elisa) looks after everyone and everything very well - we didn't need all that much help, but it was reassuring to know that there was someone regularly checking in just in case. Also, I would single out the staff at the Don Giovanni Italian restaurant, who were excellent. The food was great too!

There were a few small things here and there that irked, but nothing remotely serious and overall we would probably consider going back again. If we don't go back soon, it will be more for variety than any reflection on this excellent hotel.