4,450 results
All reviews isla de lobos kiko land family block don giovanni la hacienda block d the main hotel half board the salt water pool a la carte restaurants guest relations tapas sea view soft play kids club turn down service lower pool
Reviewed 4 August 2011

We stayed on a B and B basis for ten nights. Acoomodation in family D Block does make you feel a little removed from the main complex, accessed via a tunnel. Only ate in buffet restaurant one evening (if you do, no shorts allowed) and found this very expensive at Eur 35 per person. The lunchtime menu was also extremely expensive Eur12 for a sandwich! We ate in the Playa Blanca restaurants or the Rubicon Marina - nice views of either sea or Marina as opposed to no views at all from the Yaiza. Standard of accomodation was good . Seemed a bit bizarre to have a microwave but no cutlery or crockery! Nice to have aircon and cleaning/turndown service very good. The practice of sunlounger "hogging" was very disappointing - sometimes all beds "reserved" by 08.30 with families not actually turning up till the afternoon (and Brits the worst offenders!) - only acted on once during the stay when the pool attendant removed towels from beds clearly not being used....our representative Elisa was very polite and helpful and secured a two hour extension for a late check out and was generally always available and visible if help needed. For excursions booked at the hotel they add a 20% "handling charge" for basically picking up a phone which I considered exhorbitant. We took the excursion to the Lanzarote Aqualand - OK to spend a day at but be warned, pretty basic if you have experienced major water parks in other parts of the world...finally if going with kids into footy, the Kikoland soccer school Eur 15 for two hours is excellent (average ages I would say 7-12)....

2  Thank dinoSwindon
Reviewed 1 August 2011

Exceptional hotel, lovely staff and great location. The food was excellent throughout and catered for all our tastes, Tapas, Italian and Ice cream cafe a must.
The staff cannot do enough for you. There are plenty of sunbeds and shades around the pools.
Breakfast is excellent for choice and quality.
One bedroom suite accommodation was very spacious, clean and comfortable, we were on the 4th floor and the people above were very noisy late at night which cant be helped.
Kikoland well what can I say, my son went most days made great friends, plenty of different activities and great staff, special thanks to Roberto and Guzman for making my sons stay memorable.
I would highly recommend this hotel, and I'm sure we will return soon.

2  Thank skiprat2000_10
Reviewed 31 July 2011

I stayed at this hotel with my two young children for one week. The Hotel is clean and the staff are friendly but the place lacks any type of atmosphere. I think this is beacuse it is so big and works on the turnover of large number of guests who stay for at least a week. As a result there is a distinct lack of personal contact with the guests. We had a suite which was large and had a good but basic standard of finishings. Our view was described as a garden and partial sea view. This statement was incorrect in that our view consisted of a vacant site next door and a very distant partial view of the sea. The food in each of the restaurants ( I tried them all) was bland, boring, expensive and of a very average standard. The pool area was fine but to get a lounger you had to have your towel in place by 8am. On our day of leaving I asked for a late check out as our flight was leaving in the evening. Despite the fact that out room was not in use the following day I was told it would be 10 euros for each hour we used the room after 12pm. I felt having spent the week in this expensive hotel eating their expensice food (x 3) this was poor judgement on the part of management. Overall my personal experience was that this is not a 5 star hotel (4 star at best) and not good value for money.

2  Thank Johnny1066
Reviewed 29 July 2011

This hotel is perfect for a family holiday, offering so much for kids but great for the adults too. The staff cannot do enough for you, and the hotel is extremely well maintained and quite luxurious. The indoor gardens are perfect to relax in out of the sun, and the kids and adults pools are ample for the size of the hotel. There are plenty of sunbeds and shades around the pools making an ideal spot to spend relaxing days.
Breakfast is something to savour, for choice, quality and quantity! Don't miss it.
Particularly if you have kids, half board is well worth going for. Three excellent buffet restaurants, two open each evening. Again food quality and service all you would want, plus relaxing atmosphere and efficient friendly staff. My only suggestion would be maybe some themed buffets to widen the choice for those eating every night, but having said that we never had to repeat the same meal over a week's stay, and we really did eat well!
The suite accommodation is very spacious and comfortable, and worth the extra.
All in all, I would highly recommend this hotel, and I'm sure we will return soon.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Dave013
Reviewed 29 July 2011

It's rated as a 5 star hotel and we would agree with that rating. The customer service was great. We had cause to contact guest services about the time of our 'turn down' as it was too late for us (start of holiday, young children going to bed fairly early) and this was followed up not once but twice by the hotel to check that it was now happening to our satisfaction (it was). Gluten free pasta and bread available on request and when pre-ordered, always appeared as if by magic!