“Fantastic, we will be going back!”

Princesa Yaiza Suite Hotel Resort
Ranked #2 of 37 Hotels in Playa Blanca
Reviewed 10 August 2011

A wonderful hotel with outstanding service, cleanliness and facilities. The staff were incredibly helpful, nothing was too much trouble.

We went Half Board and found the variety of food inthe restaurants to be excellent.

A particular feature was the fantastic 'Kids Club' called Kiko Land. The facilities, staff, equipment and pools were brilliant. My daughter (aged 6) ran there every morning!

Reviewed 4 August 2011

We stayed on a B and B basis for ten nights. Acoomodation in family D Block does make you feel a little removed from the main complex, accessed via a tunnel. Only ate in buffet restaurant one evening (if you do, no shorts allowed) and found this very expensive at Eur 35 per person. The lunchtime menu was also extremely expensive Eur12 for a sandwich! We ate in the Playa Blanca restaurants or the Rubicon Marina - nice views of either sea or Marina as opposed to no views at all from the Yaiza. Standard of accomodation was good . Seemed a bit bizarre to have a microwave but no cutlery or crockery! Nice to have aircon and cleaning/turndown service very good. The practice of sunlounger "hogging" was very disappointing - sometimes all beds "reserved" by 08.30 with families not actually turning up till the afternoon (and Brits the worst offenders!) - only acted on once during the stay when the pool attendant removed towels from beds clearly not being used....our representative Elisa was very polite and helpful and secured a two hour extension for a late check out and was generally always available and visible if help needed. For excursions booked at the hotel they add a 20% "handling charge" for basically picking up a phone which I considered exhorbitant. We took the excursion to the Lanzarote Aqualand - OK to spend a day at but be warned, pretty basic if you have experienced major water parks in other parts of the world...finally if going with kids into footy, the Kikoland soccer school Eur 15 for two hours is excellent (average ages I would say 7-12)....

2  Thank dinoSwindon
Reviewed 1 August 2011

Exceptional hotel, lovely staff and great location. The food was excellent throughout and catered for all our tastes, Tapas, Italian and Ice cream cafe a must.
The staff cannot do enough for you. There are plenty of sunbeds and shades around the pools.
Breakfast is excellent for choice and quality.
One bedroom suite accommodation was very spacious, clean and comfortable, we were on the 4th floor and the people above were very noisy late at night which cant be helped.
Kikoland well what can I say, my son went most days made great friends, plenty of different activities and great staff, special thanks to Roberto and Guzman for making my sons stay memorable.
I would highly recommend this hotel, and I'm sure we will return soon.

2  Thank skiprat2000_10
Reviewed 31 July 2011

I stayed at this hotel with my two young children for one week. The Hotel is clean and the staff are friendly but the place lacks any type of atmosphere. I think this is beacuse it is so big and works on the turnover of large number of guests who stay for at least a week. As a result there is a distinct lack of personal contact with the guests. We had a suite which was large and had a good but basic standard of finishings. Our view was described as a garden and partial sea view. This statement was incorrect in that our view consisted of a vacant site next door and a very distant partial view of the sea. The food in each of the restaurants ( I tried them all) was bland, boring, expensive and of a very average standard. The pool area was fine but to get a lounger you had to have your towel in place by 8am. On our day of leaving I asked for a late check out as our flight was leaving in the evening. Despite the fact that out room was not in use the following day I was told it would be 10 euros for each hour we used the room after 12pm. I felt having spent the week in this expensive hotel eating their expensice food (x 3) this was poor judgement on the part of management. Overall my personal experience was that this is not a 5 star hotel (4 star at best) and not good value for money.

2  Thank Johnny1066
Reviewed 29 July 2011

This hotel is perfect for a family holiday, offering so much for kids but great for the adults too. The staff cannot do enough for you, and the hotel is extremely well maintained and quite luxurious. The indoor gardens are perfect to relax in out of the sun, and the kids and adults pools are ample for the size of the hotel. There are plenty of sunbeds and shades around the pools making an ideal spot to spend relaxing days.
Breakfast is something to savour, for choice, quality and quantity! Don't miss it.
Particularly if you have kids, half board is well worth going for. Three excellent buffet restaurants, two open each evening. Again food quality and service all you would want, plus relaxing atmosphere and efficient friendly staff. My only suggestion would be maybe some themed buffets to widen the choice for those eating every night, but having said that we never had to repeat the same meal over a week's stay, and we really did eat well!
The suite accommodation is very spacious and comfortable, and worth the extra.
All in all, I would highly recommend this hotel, and I'm sure we will return soon.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Dave013
Reviewed 29 July 2011

It's rated as a 5 star hotel and we would agree with that rating. The customer service was great. We had cause to contact guest services about the time of our 'turn down' as it was too late for us (start of holiday, young children going to bed fairly early) and this was followed up not once but twice by the hotel to check that it was now happening to our satisfaction (it was). Gluten free pasta and bread available on request and when pre-ordered, always appeared as if by magic!

Reviewed 29 July 2011

It was our first visit to Lanzarote and therefore our first to Princesa Yaiza. DH was apprehensive what to expect having done extensive research, but he needn't have worried!
Our suite in D block was perfect - plenty of room but compact enough for both kiddies (4 & almost 1) to know where we were and vice versa.
A small kitchen area enabled us to keep bottles, dummies, bibs etc clean and the stocked fridge still had plenty of room for milk and a few cheeky beers & vino rosados (purely medicinal!!!). They provided a microwave steriliser should we have needed one - just enough to ensure that you don't have to pack your kitchen sink for a lovely holiday. In fact, pretty much whatever you'd like, I think the staff would bend over backwards to help you with. Indeed, we had a changing table in the suite, full blackout curtains (enough to ensure mid afternoon sun doesn't penetrate) and a highchair even without asking.
The downside is that I agree with previous reviewers about the towels on sunbeds. We witnessed a family hog 4 beds for a week from 9.30 to at least 1 every day whilst they then went to another pool shared by other blocks to hog yet another 4 sunbeds.......In the meantime other families were turned away. It didn't spoil our holiday but certainly miffed me and I wish I had acted sooner to resolve the issue.
I added the grievance to our end of holiday evaluation form and Elisa did speak to the pool attendant whilst I was present. I hope it gets resolved.
On a positive, the shows in Salon Timanfaya each night entertained us all, and the legend of Kiko lives on in our household!!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Playa Blanca
Hotel Hesperia Lanzarote Playa Dorada
H10 Sentido White Suites
H10 Sentido White Suites
#8 of 37 in Playa Blanca

Been to Princesa Yaiza Suite Hotel Resort? Share your experiences!