We have just returned from a week's break at this hotel, with mainly positive feedback. Let me start with the good stuff: first off, we found the kids' club (Kikoland) absolutely excellent. The staff are hugely engaged and interested plus full of enthusiasm for the kids. They have a structured itinerary of activities and my two children (age 4 and 7) couldn't wait to go for a couple of hours every day. They are big on child safety and we felt very comfortable leaving our boys who had a wonderful time. I would really recommend this if you're looking for somewhere with a really first rate club. We've been to hotels of a similar star rating with appalling kids facilities, so this was a huge bonus for all of us. Other positives of this hotel is its cleanliness and choice of food in its restaurants. The cleaning staff were really good and we had no complaints. The breakfast buffet was great with loads of choice for the little ones. We also sampled both evening buffets which again were excellent on choice but the price was prohibitive so we only tried each once. The international buffet charged 18 euros each for the children who eat like sparrows, which I felt was far too much. There was no change from 120 euros. In general, this region is quite expensive to eat out if you compare to similar restaurants the UK but I guess you just get on with it and not worry too much.
The main negative for us was the noise. We stayed in block D (all families with young children) and while the rooms were spacious and clean, the walls, ceilings and floors are all paper thin so we could hear everything - and I mean everything - from toilet ablutions, screaming children, raised voices to the constant noise of drawers being opened, chairs being dragged across the tiles floors and squeaky beds. We are pretty strict and didn't allow our kids to run along the main corridor but other parents clearly couldn't care less so the noise of families going to bed was like a war zone.
The hotel is big and in places pretty soulless but if you're looking for a relaxing break with kids, then you could do a lot worse than booking here. Would we go again? Yes, but would probably choose a different part of the hotel to stay in.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Designed in the colonial canaries style, with its traditional, picturesque balconies, and exotic interior tropical, excellent facilities and faultless service, Princesa Yaiza Suite Hotel Resort is a welcoming, five-star luxury hotel, conceived to satisfy the most demanding customer by making their stay a unique and unforgettable experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , LoveHolidays, TravelUp, Expedia, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Ebookers and HotelQuickly so you can book your Princesa Yaiza Suite Hotel Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Princesa Yaiza Hotel Playa Blanca
- Princess Yaiza Lanzarote
- Hotel Princesa Yaiza Suite
- Princess Yaiza Hotel Lanzarote
- Princesa Yaiza Lanzarote
- Princesa Yaiza Suite Hotel Resort Lanzarote/Playa Blanca