US$209
  • Breakfast included
US$166
  • Pool
Pueblo Marinero(Playa Blanca)(Great Value!)
US$197
US$183
  • Pool
H10 Rubicon Palace(Playa Blanca)
US$157
US$169
Priceline
US$182
TripAdvisor
Ona Las Brisas(Playa Blanca)
Lanzasur Club(Playa Blanca)
4,184 results
All reviewsisla de loboskiko landfamily blockdon giovannila haciendablock dthe main hotela la carte restaurantshalf boardguest relationssea viewtapassoft play areakids clublower poolturn down servicefantastic hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

We are a family of four with kids of ages 8 and 11 staying at the Yaiza for a two week vacation (Aug 06 to 19, 2014, so still there at the time of writing). The question we had when we booked our vacation package in such a luxurious hotel was - is it worth the cost. I am guessing that many families checking out tripadvisor will be asking themselves the same question.

On the plus side, facilities and rooms are outstanding. Yes, they are twice the cost of a four star hotel, but what you get is twice as good, or better. Our family room has two big bedrooms, two bathrooms, a living room, a nice terrace and plenty of amenities (two TVs, microwave, a real fridge). Hotel facilities like the gym, pools and common areas are truly amazing. There are large areas dedicated to children and families, which is good in my opinion for both families and non-families. Also a plus is that the estate is very large so you don't experience crowds. And the staff is extremely nice and attentive to detail. The maid, for example, began to add an extra blanket to the bed of one of my daughters - without us saying anything - when the kid took the extra blanket from the cupboard two nights in a row.

Unfortunately what could have been a perfect stay is turning out to be a mixed bag of experiences because of the meals. Half board, which is usually a winning strategy for families gives you access to the Hotel buffets, which are all of them great.

But half board is expensive - quite expensive as it turns out: dinner is 112€ for 2 adults and 2 kids, that's 150$ a night folks, drinks not included - and that's at the special discounted rate they offer at the lobby. That may be an acceptable tag for that "special" night, but if you like dining lean it does not make much sense to pay 30€ (~40$) a piece for a salad or a slice of fish, specially in the context of a long two-week stay like ours.

That being said, if you are comfortable with that level of spending, then read no further, this is the perfect place for you, you will not regret it.

But if that is not the case, I am dismayed to say that there is really no easy alternative to the half board. The hotel does have several other restaurants but none of them seem to fit the casual, unpretentious, family oriented profile that we favor. For example, we tried the Don Giovanni (italian) but we had a disappointing experience at 70€ (one dish per person, no wine, no desserts), involving a rather small portion of salmon which left my 5-foot wife hungry.

Let me add that this is the only Hotel where I have been in the whole of my life where I found that ordering room service is a more sensible option than actually walking down to the restaurant.

There are many restaurants at walking distance around the Hotel and those are a good alternative. But it is certainly a let down that we have not been able to find a solution to our meals within Hotel grounds.

Stayed: August 2014
10  Thank FB1973
PYaiza, Director of Operations at Princesa Yaiza Suite Hotel Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for sharing with us your last experience at the Princesa Yaiza, it's a pleasure for me to read you have enjoyed your family holidays in Lanzarote.

Regarding gastronomy, the hotel has 9 restaurants with different type of food, from the italian or the mexican to the japanese or the typical spanish food. Apart from the 3 buffets, we offer several options really nice to be enjoyed in family, the italian a la carte Don Giovanni, the Tapas Bar with the best traditional spanish tapas or the Chiringuito with informal snacks or fresh fish and meat. Also tha japanese Kampai is a great option for families, always enjoying with our teppanyaki tables and the show cooking.

We offer the deluxe half board basis, in which you have included all the buffets and a la carte restaurants and also the daily minibar reposition. It would be a great option for your next stay with us.

I hope to receive you and your family soon in Lanzarote and I'd like to wish you a great summer,

Best regards,

Oscar Pubill

Reviewed 8 August 2014

We have just returned from an 11 night stay at this hotel. We stayed in a royal kiko 2 bedroom suite which was fantastic for our 3 young children. We had plenty of space, it was immaculate and serviced twice a day. The hotel is great for families- we had a full size fridge which was restocked daily with yogurts/milk shakes/apples and biscuits for the children. The family block is separate to the main hotel but I did not feel that this was an issue. There was a walkway to connect the 2 buildings containing a number of small aquariums which the kids loved.

The kids block has its own pool and restaurant but we would also use one of the main block pools as we found we enjoyed the buzz of that area. There was a large sea water pool that we avoided as it seemed to be more of an adult pool and we have 3 noisy kids who like to splash about and make noise! The hotel is big enough to go for peace and quiet if you wish.

We were just bed and breakfast which I still think was a good option as there are some lovely restaurants outside the hotel. If you take a left out of the hotel and walk along the promenade you reach rubicon marina. Here there is a fantastic Italian restaurant called Afrodite little Italy. We loved it so much we went 3 times. There are also some smart shops and other bars and restaurants. On a Wednesday and Saturday there is a sweet little craft/souvenir market at the marina from 9 until 2pm. I would recommend going as early as possible as it gets really busy.

If you take a right out of the hotel and walk up the promenade you head towards Playa Blanca. There a good barbecue restaurant here called volcan.

We did eat at the hotel's tapas restaurant and that was fantastic. The ice cream parlour was also a firm favourite!

The beach is lovely- it is a public beach and you can hire sun beds for 3 euros a day.

All in all we had a fantastic stay at this hotel and we would definitely go back. The kids loved the entertainment and we did venture into kiko land to use the paddle court and see a show but we didn't try the kids clubs. If I really wanted to be critical I would say that for a 5 star hotel i would not expect chipped crockery at breakfast and I would expect tea and coffee to be replaced in the rooms. Having said that I knew about the tea issue and so I took my own!

Room Tip: Kiko suite great for families of 5 and if you have a small child as they provide everything you would need.
8  Thank DCAJE
PYaiza, Director of Operations at Princesa Yaiza Suite Hotel Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for sharing with us your last experience at the Princesa Yaiza, it´s a pleasure for me to read you have enjoyed your holidays in Lanzarote.

The Royal Kiko suites are perfect for families like yours, with 3 children, as theses suites have a special children bedroom with 3 beds, TV and videogames and also their own bathroom. Theese rooms also include the daily minibar with special products for children They also include 2 hours of free baby-sitting when parents having dinner at Isla de Lobos gourmet restaurant, which I´d like to reccommend you for your next visit to our island.

I hope to receive you son again in our hotel,

Best regards and have a great summer,

Óscar Pubill

Reviewed 8 August 2014

Spent a week (5th - 12th July) at this hotel in a 1 bedroom suite with three Children and had a lovely time. The rooms are clean and staff very friendly and helpful. There is a small fridge, sink and microwave. The balconies are a decent size too.

Breakfasts are great and there is everything you could want.

The beach just behind the hotel is fabulous.

Although my kids didn't use the kids clubs we did look around Kikoland and the facilities/activities there seem great.

There are large pool towels available which can be replaced as necessary which is great as there is no need to bring your own.

A couple of negative points are the poor wi-fi and the fact that there are never any loungers available by the pool as they all have towels/clothing on them to reserve them for the day. Also, the people above us seemed to drag chairs across the floor constantly in the mornings which made a rather annoying wake up call so a top floor room might be better if available.

Overall I would recommend this hotel and will hopefully be back in the future.

3  Thank AoifeTierney
PYaiza, Resident Director at Princesa Yaiza Suite Hotel Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Dear guest,

first of all we would like to thank you for having chosen the Princesa Yaiza as the place to spend your holidays with your family. On the other hand, we really appreciate you have taken your time to review your stay in our property. All your comments and suggestions will be taken serious for futures improvements in the service quality.

We are so happy you have enjoyed your family stay and we are looking forward to see your kids on the playground next time you come to the hotel.They will definitely have fun as they ever had.

Our best asset, as you said, is our staff. They are always attentive to provide the best service at any time to fulfill your requests.

The location of the Hotel Princesa Yaiza is envidiable right in front of the Atlantic Ocean, which makes the breeze coming from the sea, providing a comfortable temperature.

We would like to thank you again for your feedback, and to wish you and your family a great summer.

Best regards from Lanzarote,

Luis Folgar
Resident Director

Reviewed 5 August 2014

We were welcomed with a glass of champagne and the luggage taken to our room. The room was superb with a mini kitchen area, sofas, tv, mini bar etc.

The hotel facilities were excellent, swimming pool, bars, good choice of restaurants and excellent breakfast.

The hotel is aimed at families so if you are looking for a quiet week away this is probably not for you, but as we were with children and grandchildren it was fine.

The staff were all excellent and if there was a problem it was dealt with quickly.

Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the pool area as some of the side rooms overlook waste ground etc.
1  Thank David B
PYaiza, Resident Director at Princesa Yaiza Suite Hotel Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Dear guest,

first, we would like to thank you for having chosen the Princesa Yaiza as the retreat for you holidays in Lanzarote Island. Also we would like to let you know that we appreciate you have taken your time to write this feedback about your stay with us.

Indeed, Lanzarote is great to spend your holidays, and above all if you are coming with kids, the hotel is totally adapted to children. We love to host kids, since we have Kikoland, a huge area specially designed for families, with lots of options to enjoy and have fun, including sport courts to keep fit at holidays.

We would like to remind you that we have special treatments at our Thalasso&Spa Center, where you can take rest while the little ones are enjoying during the day.

We are looking forward to see you again soon in the Hotel Princesa Yaiza with your family.

Best regards on behalf all the staff,

Luis Folgar
Resident Director

Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

First came here in 2011 and returned home today after our 4th consecutive Summer holiday here. Another lovely stay!

I won't repeat everything I and others have said before, except to stay the excellent standards around food, rooms, ( cleanliness and comfort) and service by the staff have all been maintained.

We booked B and B with our travel agent and then paid for a week of dinner on arrival. It is quite a bit cheaper that way.

This year we ate a light lunch at Chiringuitos the pool bar instead of getting food from the shop across the road. Of course it was more expensive but it was lovely, freshly cooked food. Service excellent, staff fridnfly and the children loved it.

Kiko Land remains excellent. The staff are kind, enthusiastic and very child centered .

One problem that remains unsolved and needs resolving is the issue of guests ' reserving' pool beds/ loungers , sometimes for hours and then disappearing. This means at / by 0900hrs with most people still at breakfast there is great difficulty in finding a lounger. Some guests expect 'their' lounger to remain 'theirs' because they have left a couple of towels or a set of armbands in it.

I spoke to the GM and others about it as it seemed the staff do very little. I am told they are in the process of resolving it once and for all. It was causing irritation and bad feeling at the pool and I do hope now they have a real solution up their sleeve.

Other people have commented on the 20 Euro weekly charge for a tea and coffee tray. I am a real coffee drinker at home but although this is an odd arrangement I agree it doesn't bother me as coffee is so good/ plentiful at breakfast and I was never charged for a top up / 2bd cup at lunch / dinner I didn't ever drink coffee in my room.

Two real treats / indulgences I can recommend ++ are Elisabeth Concept and the Thalassotherapy Spa at Princesa Yaiza.

I an probably not explaining it well but Elisabeth Concept is all about personal style, looking great and feeling fab. Lisa who owns the business ( look for her salon in reception) is probably one of the most glamorous women I have met and is really lovely /approachable. She dyed my eyelashes for free this year when I went to review my best colours to wear. She also had some beautiful accessories for sale. Highly recommended

The Thalassotherapy spa is a wonderful oasis of calm and luxury. I visited twice for a massage which I rarely do at home. It was amazing!

Both highly recommended extras that I would definitely go for again.

All in all a fab holiday once again - I don't think my girls would allow me to book anywhere else so I'll look forward to my 5th visit next summer!

• Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank 1966girl
PYaiza, Director of Operations at Princesa Yaiza Suite Hotel Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Dear guest,

first of all, we appreciate you have chosen the Princesa Yaiza as the place to spend your holidays with your family again. We are glad to hear is your 4th time with us, which means we are doing the things in the right way.

On the other hand, we have to thank you for having taken your time to write your feedback about your experience in our hotel, not only in terms of satisfactions but the thorough detail you have provided.

I hope your children have tried the new inflatables available from this summer at Kikoland, they are great and let the youngests of the family to enjoy every day.

We are looking forward to see you for 5th time in our hotel, just contact us to prepare your next unforgettable experience in Lanzarote.

Best regards and have a great summer,