Just got back from a week staying at this hotel, absolutely loved Lanzarote but the hotel was an absolute disappointment....where do I start.
Arrived at the hotel to be told the room was not ready and we should store our suitcases and belongings in their secure(unlocked and door wide open) storage room and go get some food in the canteen.
Now this is where it all started, greeted by dinner options such as goat chops, "pork" in sauce(pork being used loosely here, there was no pork in the dish...think more the bits of soggy skin and innards people throw away after roasting) soups that looked more like a vat of crude oil and cold chips(infact may I add, everything was cold, undercooked and disgusting)
There are three restaurants, a pizzeria, tapas and chicken restaurant(which was never open) after booking onto each thinking that they could surely be better, we were wrong.
Upon arrival at the pizzeria 10minutes before our booked time we were shouted at and told to come at the correct time, once sat down we waited about 15minutes before we even got asked what drink we would like, after that another half hour wait before we were asked our order...on arrival after what felt like a lifetime, was pretty much a Tesco value pizza. To add to all this, the atmosphere was horrendous...everyone asking each other how long they had been waiting, some couples completely being ignored and to too it all off, the waiter ordering a group to leave because he needed the table space to which a fight nearly broke out.
The tapas restaurant was a complete joke, only being able to order two dishes per person(which is fine) but you are then told that these "main dishes" are simply items on the salad bar to which you had to go collect yourself thus wasting your choices because anybody was free to collect from the salad bar, same with the paella(which was tepid)....to top it all off we had "breaded fish in champagne sauce", which sounded quite nice until tasting...the champagne sauce was essentially hot tuna mayo which nearly made us both vomit. Last but not least we had the "canary potatoes"(which we knew we liked as had tried before elsewhere) these were basically unwashed, muddy, furry new potatoes...we did not even try these as visually they turned our stomach so much we left to find food in town to which we subsequently did from then on.
Entertainment would be fine if you were lacking in the brain cell department and just wanted to get drunk by the pool/dome and be larey(may I add, the wine my partner was given was so off even smelling it made me feel ill)
The room was nice and spacious and would of suited our needs perfectly fine if it didn't have loads of little ants crawling all over the kitchen(on the worktops, cooker and even inside the kettle)
Majority of the staff were very rude and dismissive, very poorly managed. You could definitely get the impression that they were all overworked, underpaid and undervalued to which it definitely showed.
Overall the hotel was a massive letdown and we will never be returning or recommending which is a shame as upon first glance it looks great....loads of pools, spacious rooms, quite pretty, but further inspection reveals a much darker picture.
The resort of Playa Blanca is lovely which was a lifesaver as it was only a short walk into town to which you could buy edible food at a low price and deal with friendly local staff.
Advice would be if you are after all inclusive - go elsewhere, do NOT even contemplate this place.
And to any management that might respond to this I will not listen to the lies to which have been responded to previous unhappy quests, nothing has changed and for the foreseeable future I don't think ever will.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel THB Tropical Island is a spectacular resort of 102,000 m2 located in Playa Blanca, Lanzarote. Designed especially for families and groups of friends, it has everything you need so you can enjoy an unforgettable holiday within resort itself and just steps away from your apartment. In Hotel THB Tropical Island everyday fun is guaranteed. Our guests can enjoy 14 swimming pools, sports facilities, bars, theme restaurants and plenty of activities both for adults and children in the hands of our entertainment team. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Onthebeach, Jet2Holidays , Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, TravelUp, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, LoveHolidays, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Hotel.de and Evoline ltd so you can book your THB Tropical Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sun Tropical Playa Blanca
- Sun Tropical Lanzarote
- Holiday Village Sun Tropical Lanzarote
- THB Tropical Island Lanzarote/Playa Blanca