“Brilliant therapist at the Spa”

THB Tropical Island
Ranked #25 of 37 Hotels in Playa Blanca
Reviewed 30 November 2013

We spent 10 days at this resort on a self-catering basis and thoroughly enjoyed it. Staff were very friendly & courteous and the apartment facilities were most pleasing. I want to particularly recommend Carolyn Curtis, who was the therapist at the Spa there. I had 2 reflexology treatments with her to help with my extremely painful & inflamed knee, and she succeeded in reducing the pain, so that I could walk with greater ease. As a result, I am a firm believer in this form of treatment. This lady really knows her stuff and if you visit this resort, I can thoroughly recommend a Spa treatment!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Mozidotes
Write a ReviewReviews (2,936)

Reviewed 29 November 2013 via mobile

Just got back from 10 night stay overall the hotel was good, very clean, helpful friendly staff, lovely gardens. We were there all inclusive drinks average, breakfast and dinner by far the best compared to the evening meal which was poor, food was only just warm ok there was a microwave to heat food up but that's not the point! We ended up eating out most evenings. Entertainment was what you would expect for this type of hotel but we wasn't around much to see it. Pools we didn't use the main one as preferred the quieter ones dotted around the complex. Maybe they could have done with a sports bar as well?? Overall the only big lat down was the evening meal

• Stayed: November 2013
2  Thank NottsSarb
Reviewed 29 November 2013

I arrived home last night and have already planned to go back in May this time for two weeks.
From the time you entered the hotel you where made to feel welcome the apartments where fantastic and cleaned spotless every day. The trips you can book are great. I must have put on a stone in a week the food was fantastic and to complement the food the drink and entertainment was good especially with the youngsters dancing before the adult shows. Please go and enjoy this hotel the place was awsome.

Room Tip: All the rooms are only two floors high
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank fatsdelight25
Reviewed 25 November 2013

where do I begin, me and my friend stayed for 1 week, it felt like 1 week too much, we both classed it as a butlins sort of holiday with sunshine,
The room was nice once we found it, untill we started using the shower, and sink, both leaked !!
Turned on the sink tap and ants came out of the tap.
The view from the apartment wasn't good, we was faced with trees, so in the shade all the time, not good, we couldn't sit out etc, also went to the pizza place for a meal, it was horrid,,
We spent most of our time at the beach, on trips, eating out etc, we did enjoy that part of our holiday,,,
I do love Lanzarote, but won't stay there again ...

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Alison C
Reviewed 25 November 2013

What a time we had in Lanza. The food was good & plentiful, which suited me as I eat like a pig. I liked the self service kebab machine I saw on a lovely day trip to the neighbouring island of fueteventura. Well worth a visit, the island that is!

As for the entertainment team, what can I say they made my holiday! The scouse joey essex (lovely young steven), rachael (there's only one rachael!), gemma (lovely girl, funny seeing dizzy the dolphin chase her with a bucket of water!), blonde kim (her impression of a sealion for the poolside show of 'Sun Trops Got Talent', was Oscar winning!), Jen (me being a scouser, her manc accent was annoying but she was cool, loved her kanye dance)

Also Natalia the Receptionist call me ;-) one thing I will say, apartments were very clean & tidy, very impressed, well done cleaners on a great job! You deserve a medal. Would be nice if had Bungalows to stay in, now that would be cool.

I would highly reccomend a trip here

Lots of love

Kerry & John xx

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Second visit here though several years apart.this time took 4year old grand daughters. Self catering everything you need nice room nice location with nice gardens. Considering the size very quiet even being just across from one on the bars. All staff were very nice and friendly. Plenty of pools from big to small and several play areas for the kids.

Stayed: November 2013
2  Thank Robert K
Reviewed 24 November 2013

We've been here a week staying at this hotel, absolutely loved Lanzarote and the hotel was just absolute what we wanted. There are three restaurants, a pizzeria, tapas and chicken restaurant, after booking onto the tapas the last night, we had a nice evening there. Pizzerias and chicken we have in Sweden, so we saw no reason to book it in Lanzarote. The room was nice and spacious. Overall the hotel was OK and we could be returning, since the value was much higher than the price. The village of Playa Blanca is lovely if you want to outside the hotel area. The gym was as expected in a three star hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple