We were there 19-26 Dec. During the trawl through the wesites trying to locate somewhere to stay for Christmas, part of our search criteria had been for a quiet(ish) couples/adult hotel; however, knowing no better, we were directed at the Flamingo Beach and settled for that. As hotels go it probably could not really be faulted; our gripe is more with the misdirection towards a VERY family/kids orientated resort. We just wanted somewhere quiet and grown up to sit of an evening but that was never possible. Even the supposed 'adults only' restauarant was full of running and noisy children most evenings. (I should say here that we are parents ourselves, its just that our kids have grown up! I guess that parents of younger children might be reading this and thinking along the lines of 'miserable old gits'! Indeed, when our kids were young we probably would have felt the same; nevertheless, I would also guess that the older readers of this would understand exactly where we am coming from.!.)
On the plus side, it is the only resort along the whole promenade area which leads directly on to an excellent and safe man-made beach. This made for some super snorkelling and sea-swimming which would not have been possible off the dangerous, volcanic rocks either side of the beach. Also, we elected for a superior room and were rewarded for our choice. We had a very quiet balcony with lovely SW views over the sea. Unexpected bonus: BBC1, BBC2, ITV and Channel 4 on the telly which was nice for Christmas TV ( we pretty much had no choice of an evening but to sit in the relative peace of the apartment).
Overall, not a bad experience. We would not rule out going back to this particular hotel but never again at Christmas (there was no Christmas!) nor at any other time when the kids are on hols!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Family Club Gold medal in 2007 and 2008 with Thomson.Flamingo beach just some steps away.Great offer of Restaurants, bars and entertainment.Football pitch and tennis court. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Alpha Holidays Limited, Ebookers, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your TUI Family Life Flamingo Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Flamingo Beach Hotel Playa Blanca
- Hotel Flamingo Beach
- Playa Flamingo Apartments
- Playa Flamingo Lanzarote
- TUI Family Life Flamingo Beach Resort Lanzarote/Playa Blanca