We have just arrived back from our holiday at Flamingo Beach. On arrival all seemed well, we were greeted by the reps with song and dance and check in was very smooth. We were meeting friends out there who had been there for a week already and we had requested that our rooms be quite close together which they were. but as the week went on we found quite a few things wrong such as, a broken bedroom door handle which was never fixed, dripping air conditioner panel, the room was not cleaned on a daily basis this I know is not always possible in large resorts but I would expect that the bathroom and toilet would be cleaned and fresh towels left. Also after paying the amount of money we paid for this weeks holiday I would have liked to see a double bed in the main bedroom and not two single beds pushed together that happened to move every time you turned over! the single bed that was stated for a child happened to be the sofa in the lounge area that the cleaner left two single sheets for, not even a sofa bed!
May I also add that the large beach towels that we had taken with us did not come home with us as they mysteriously disappeared from the apartment!!
My biggest bugbear of all is the fact that there are no mattress protectors or pillow protectors on the beds. This to me is a huge hygiene issue, I find this quite concerning.
Also during our stay a child had an accident in the swimming pool which was cordoned off and the offending object removed, the pool was then closed for the rest of the day, but at no point was the pool drained and cleaned!
To add to this if you require a sunbed around the main pool you will need to rise pretty early in the morning as staff start to get them out around 9am, as soon as they are out they are pretty much reserved by people who have stood and waited from around 7am.
However the food was of good quality and the dinning hall was clean and staff were pleasant enough. The evening entertainment left a lot to be desired bit like being at Butlins, which is ok if you like that sort of thing! I know that the reps work very hard and try their best.
All in all I have to say that I was quite disappointed and I can say I will not be returning any time soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Family Club Gold medal in 2007 and 2008 with Thomson.Flamingo beach just some steps away.Great offer of Restaurants, bars and entertainment.Football pitch and tennis court. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your TUI Family Life Flamingo Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Flamingo Beach Hotel Playa Blanca
- Hotel Flamingo Beach
- Playa Flamingo Apartments
- Playa Flamingo Lanzarote
- TUI Family Life Flamingo Beach Resort Lanzarote/Playa Blanca