I returned this morning from a week away (8th to 15th June). I got there at 9pm so the man in reception asked if I wanted to eat before I checked into my room. Food was good for that late at night, was going well. I asked for a safe and towel so that I could have a shower and put all my stuff into a safe. Checked into my room,1018, bit outdated but was clean. Quite far away for an 18 year old on their own for the first time! I asked for a kettle at recption because I needed a cup of tea. I got one but it blew the lights, so asked for a new one! Got one at 6pm the next day... A bit slow for a kettle really. There was no actual 'shower' just a shower head. The beds were also squeaky, so everytime I rolled over it squeaked. I switched the mattresses to see if it made a difference, it didn't. The tv is handy if you like noise in the room. There are about 6 engligh channels, news and a kiddy one! The pool was cold on the first day I was there but it seemed to get warmer by the end of the week. Lots of sunbeds which you can move into the sun if you need to. I only found out that there was a snack bar on the Friday before leaving. There was a good selection if drinks however they don't advertise what they have, so ask because I didn't...the supermarket on the hotel site was handy. Got some water, coke and tea bags for my hotel room in the morning and at night. The food in the restaurant was good every night except Tuesday when there wasn't much which took my taste buds.
There is also a wifi room near reception. It is ok wifi when near the box but when there are quite a few people it goes slow, not a massive issue but was slow at times. I also somehow managed to get it by the pool at the end of the week. Some plugs are hanging off the wall but they still work. The entertainment seemed good! The mini disco for the kids was repeated every night with the same songs! Knew all the songs by the time you left. Not a complaint, was good to see the kids having fun!
It's good for if you want a chilled out holiday. Lots of different languages, everyone kind of gets to know everyone in a sense. All in all, a good holiday but don't expect 4*.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Rio Playa Blanca is situated in the south of the island in a tranquil location at the edge of the village Playa Blanca, in the middle of a wonderful garden of palm trees. The sandy Playa Flamingo beach and the beach promenade can be reached within approx. 500 mtrs and the village center of Playa Blanca with its restaurants, bars and shops after approx. 1500 mtrs. A free shuttle bus service is arranged several times a day to the “Dino Park” at the sister hotel Paradise Island. The main building and the 190 one story bungalows are distributed on the approx. 80.000m2 grounds. The reception with Internet corner (against charge), a salon bar and the restaurant with non smoking zone and terrace can be found in the main building. Wifi is available throughout the entire premises against charge. The hotel facilities include as well a pool bar, 2 freshwater pools (one of them heated 01/11-30/04), a sun terrace with sun beds (free) and a playground. Pool towels will be provided against a small deposit. A multi purpose sport ground, Boccia, Darts and table football, as well as a varied daytime animation program and evening shows /live music complete the offered arrangements. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , LoveHolidays, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel HL Rio Playa Blanca reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hl Rio Hotel Playa Blanca
- Hl Rio Playa Blanca
- Rio Playa Blanca Lanzarote
- Hotel HL Rio Playa Blanca Lanzarote