We ( family of 4- 2 adults, 2 boys, 14/10) have just returned from a 10 day visit to Rio Playa Blanca. Check in was very efficient with relevent information and directions to our bungalow given. Reception was extreamly good throughout our stay and able to deal with numerous requests (kettle, extra pillows, clothes airer, even a pencil sharpener for my blunted eye liner!) Ana was very helpful & conscientious- Thank you. The bungalows are clean and simple, our 1st however had a fault on the AC and after realising it couldn't be fixed we were moved. They are cleaned daily (except Fri) and towels and linens changed. The beds are better if a topper is in use, otherwise a bit too hard. Complimentary shower gel & shampoos are also provided. TV remote has to be hired though the variety of channels is very limited. Safe is also hired with a deposit returned on departure. The grounds are well kept and tidy as is the pool area, the pool guy constantly empties the bins and tidies up the numerous plastic glasses that are blown about, the toilets are regularly cleaned throughout the day. The restaurant was clean with an abundance of different dishes- I defy anyone not to find anything they don't like. Freshly cooked and hot meals, salads, soups, fruits- delicious. All the staff work very hard to keep things moving and to a maintain a good standard. The pool is very refreshing(!) but is enjoyable once you're in- there wasn't an issue of it being unswimmable because it was too cold. The sunbed situation is a shame- mainly because fellow guests selfishly ignore the numerous requests not to reserve beds, then go off for a large part of the day. Or reserve multiples then only use a couple, thinking that they have full ownership of the fixed parasols- woe betide if you try to sneak in at the end. Poor show- you know who you are!!! The pool guy will try and find you a sunbed however.
The entertainment team work tirelessly to ensure everyone has a good time, though it's not pushy or disruptive. Evening shows were entertaining from a sarcastic point of view- each to his own though. The bars are busy at times with a good selection of drinks served in small plastic glasses- you are also only allowed to fetch 2 at a time. Wifi hit & miss but will occasionally work down by the pool. Hireable PC's/printer facilities are available for checking in for your return flight. A nice walk down to the Playa Blanca with the harbour and numerous shops to visit. On the whole a very enjoyable break slightly marred only by our selfish fellow guests.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Rio Playa Blanca is situated in the south of the island in a tranquil location at the edge of the village Playa Blanca, in the middle of a wonderful garden of palm trees. The sandy Playa Flamingo beach and the beach promenade can be reached within approx. 500 mtrs and the village center of Playa Blanca with its restaurants, bars and shops after approx. 1500 mtrs. A free shuttle bus service is arranged several times a day to the “Dino Park” at the sister hotel Paradise Island. The main building and the 190 one story bungalows are distributed on the approx. 80.000m2 grounds. The reception with Internet corner (against charge), a salon bar and the restaurant with non smoking zone and terrace can be found in the main building. Wifi is available throughout the entire premises against charge. The hotel facilities include as well a pool bar, 2 freshwater pools (one of them heated 01/11-30/04), a sun terrace with sun beds (free) and a playground. Pool towels will be provided against a small deposit. A multi purpose sport ground, Boccia, Darts and table football, as well as a varied daytime animation program and evening shows /live music complete the offered arrangements. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Jet2Holidays , 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hotel Rio Playa Blanca reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hl Rio Hotel Playa Blanca
- Hl Rio Playa Blanca
- Rio Playa Blanca Lanzarote
- Hotel Rio Playa Blanca Lanzarote