This is my third visit to this hotel in the past 3 years and I have had an enjoyable holiday on each occasion both with my children and grandchildren and simply as an adult break as well. I find it hard to understand the some of the bad comments in some of the reviews as this has not been my experience at all!
Prior to travelling this time I contacted the hotel to ask, if possible, for rooms in a specific part of the hotel which they said that they would try and do and in fact did even though the hotel was fully booked and the rooms that they gave me were more expensive ones than those that I had booked and paid for!.
I have always found the staff to be polite, helpful and courteous and the food to be excellent - the AI package in particular being extremely good value. The range of food and drink is excellent and there is always somewhere open in the hotel if you need either.
Whilst it is some distance from the beach the hotel do run and excellent - FREE - coach to and from the beach several times a day and there is a wonderful cliff top walk to the Harbour and market (15-20 mins depending on how quickly you want to walk) and it is the same distance again to the beach and old town.
If you don't want to walk or get the bus then consider a taxi. There are plenty and they are very resonable compared to the UK - for example a taxi for 4 of us from the centre back to the hotel cost us 3.40 euros.
I would agree that the hotel is a bit dated BUT it is in good condition and kept very clean and on the couple of occasions when we needed maintenance we had assistance in our room within 15 minutes of calling reception and asking for it. This is a much better service than I have experienced in many other hotels.
The entertainment team work very hard arranging activities during the day and providing 3 evening shows as well - on three other evenings external acts provide the shows and on one night a week there is no show. My grandchildren certainly enjoyed the kids clubs on both occasions when they came with us. I should say that all my visits have been in August/September and the entertainment may well be different outside of these peak months!
My first visit was with a tour company and the last 2 have been direct bookings.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel THe Mirador Papagayo, located close to the beach Playa de las Coloradas and next to the paradisiac beaches of Playas de Papagayo, is an optimal place to enjoy your family vacation in Lanzarote. This four-star- resort features 291 ample rooms distributed in two buildings of three floors each. It disposes of two pool for adults and two for children, restaurant, snack bars and a conference room. The wide offer of entertainment, sports activities, leisure and relaxing has been conceived for every family member to enjoy this experience to the maximum. For it, Hotel THe Mirador Papagayo offers among others a gym, a spa center, a multipurpose sports court as well as kayak and bike rental service. Naturally, the little ones will have great fun at our Mini Club. Due to its touristic attractiveness and its good infrastructure, Lanzarote is the ideal venue for holding multiple events such as weddings, congresses, conferences and business meetings. Hotel THe Mirador Papagayo offers modern facilities with the audiovisual equipment for celebrating this kind of events. With spectacular views over Lanzarote, Fuerteventura and Lobos Island, here you have everything at your disposal for your “tailor-made” vacations. Discover with Hotel THe Mirador Papagayo a universe full of tiny pleasures. An unforgettable experience to share in good company in an idyllic place. Hotel THe Mirador Papagayo disposes of 291 rooms, four of them adapted for people with disabilities. Each of the five categories Double Superior Sea View, Familiar Room, Double Sea View, Double Sea Side View and Double Standard puts everything at your disposal for you to immerse in the blue color of the Atlantic. Your wellness and the comfort at your feet. You will find us in Lanzarote, the “island of the volcanoes”. As expected, it was declared Reserve of the Biosphere in 1993 by the UNESCO. This place is magic: natural paradises where the golden sand meets the crystal-clear waters of the Atlantic, volcanic landscapes and unusual tropical vegetation. This island is pure contrast, it´s land of fusion of work of art and nature. It´s the place of exceptional landscapes of unique beauty. The views from our hotel will leave you breathless: in the horizon Lobos Island and Fuerteventura appear. Furthermore, close to Hotel THe Mirador Papagayo you will find the port Marina Rubicon, a place to enjoy a walk while contemplating the sea and the sailing boats, have a drink or go for some tapas, or go shopping at the flea market or at the shops around. With its average annual temperature of 22°C, Lanzarote not only is an optimal place for practicing water sports, but it also offers everything for you to enjoy the vacation you deserve. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Lastminute, Booking.com, Ebookers, Jet2Holidays , TravelUp, Onthebeach, Priceline, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your THe Mirador Papagayo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Papagayo Hotel Lanzarote
- Iberostar Hotel Papagayo
- Iberostar Playa Blanca
- THe Mirador Papagayo Lanzarote/Playa Blanca