I keep returning to this hotel, as I feel very safe and comfortable here, and as a solo traveller this is very important to me, unlike some larger hotels which are too big and impersonal.
This is my fifth stay since 2011, which speaks volumes.....
The thing that struck me during this stay is lots of the staff are still at the hotel and have been since my first visit. This shows to me that Iberostar must be good to work for and the hotel must clearly value their staff. All the staff are so friendly and helpful and really work hard. Nelson is a great barman, and Manuel and the animation team, as well as everyone else whose names I can't remember.
I had requested a particular room area, which I was delighted that yet again I got which overlooked the pool and sea. Also I had a bottle of wine in my room on arrival which was a lovely gesture for I assume being a return visitor.
The bedrooms in the main hotel are large, clean, and comfortable, with a lovely big balcony. The bathroom was a good size and the shower had a good power too it. I didn't have enough coat hangers in the wardrobe for all my clothes, so I contacted reception, and they arranged for 8 more to be brought up.
If I was to find any criticism it would be the lack of drawers to keep tops/undies in, and no full length mirror to see what you look like, and perhaps a more powerful hairdryer.
I see a few people have complained about the food and lack of choice. Personally I find the food at this hotel very good. I tend to only eat salad, rice, fresh fish and lots of fruit and don't really eat meat. There does always seem to be lots of other choices though. I can't comment on the desserts as I never have them. I like the fact they have a selection of cheeses and crackers including blue cheese, which is my favourite. Another touch I like is that at breakfast they bring round fresh coffee/tea in pots, whereas some other 4* hotels have weak hot drinks that are self service from machines!
The soft/alcoholic drinks in the dining room are self service red/white/rose wine and beer as well as water and fizzy drinks. I was all inclusive but I understand you can uprade from half board to all inclusive on drinks at the dinner table for a few euros if you so wished. There is a good selection of alcohic drinks included in the all Inclusive price. My only criticism on the drinks is that there is only one diet drink and that is coca cola light. I would like to see diet lemonade, no added sugar squash/cordials or slimline soda or bitter lemon.
The animation team were friendly, happy people who always tried their best to keep people amused and to encourage people to join in the games in the day such as boules, archery, table tennis, aerobics. This was nice as they were not in your face, but it was all there if you wanted to participate. They also remembered peoples names and made you feel so welcome. Fernandos, Sol, Laura, and Billy do an excellent job, and Vikki who was new. There was a mixture of outside acts and the animation team doing shows such as Grease and Mamma Mia.
My only criticism is that after the entertainment finished at 10.30pm everyone either went to bed, or went upstairs to the Piano/Balcony bar. It is such a shame that the large hall downstairs isn't utilised as much as it could be. A suggestion would be to have a DJ after the show playing current music and the team to encourage people up on their feet dancing, as opposed to piped old music and a small drop down screen showing black and white old movies.
There is a spa area in the hotel, which I didn't use on this occassion, but I did use the Gym, which I noticed had some new equipment in, which was good.
The swimming pool is lovely and has jacuzzi jets in and built in seats/loungers which is a nice touch, but sadly due to the weather I didn't go in it this time.
There are a couple of areas in the hotel where you can borrow books/magazines to read. One is on the fifth floor and the other is inside where you get towels from by the pool bar.
A new addition to the hotel this time was SAGA. It was great to see that another room in the hotel was being utilised as a SAGA lounge, where the over 50's could go to do quizzes, have tea and cakes, meet their rep, and play games.
What I like about this hotel is that the hotel overlooks the sea, and there are good walks along a promenade that runs to Central Playa Blanca. The marina has a market on a Wednesday and Saturday, which is nice to visit, as well as a Marina with restaurants and designer shops to visit (takes around 10-15 minutes to reach depending on speed of walking). The main central hub of Playa Blanca where the shops, bars and more restaurants are takes about 25-30 minutes by foot to get too. There is FREE shuttle bus that runs three times a day from the hotel and back which drops you by the beach, near the Princesa Yaiza Hotel.
Thankyou Iberostar Staff for making my stay so welcoming yet again. See you all next year x
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel THe Mirador Papagayo, located close to the beach Playa de las Coloradas and next to the paradisiac beaches of Playas de Papagayo, is an optimal place to enjoy your family vacation in Lanzarote. This four-star- resort features 291 ample rooms distributed in two buildings of three floors each. It disposes of two pool for adults and two for children, restaurant, snack bars and a conference room. The wide offer of entertainment, sports activities, leisure and relaxing has been conceived for every family member to enjoy this experience to the maximum. For it, Hotel THe Mirador Papagayo offers among others a gym, a spa center, a multipurpose sports court as well as kayak and bike rental service. Naturally, the little ones will have great fun at our Mini Club. Due to its touristic attractiveness and its good infrastructure, Lanzarote is the ideal venue for holding multiple events such as weddings, congresses, conferences and business meetings. Hotel THe Mirador Papagayo offers modern facilities with the audiovisual equipment for celebrating this kind of events. With spectacular views over Lanzarote, Fuerteventura and Lobos Island, here you have everything at your disposal for your “tailor-made” vacations. Discover with Hotel THe Mirador Papagayo a universe full of tiny pleasures. An unforgettable experience to share in good company in an idyllic place. Hotel THe Mirador Papagayo disposes of 291 rooms, four of them adapted for people with disabilities. Each of the five categories Double Superior Sea View, Familiar Room, Double Sea View, Double Sea Side View and Double Standard puts everything at your disposal for you to immerse in the blue color of the Atlantic. Your wellness and the comfort at your feet. You will find us in Lanzarote, the “island of the volcanoes”. As expected, it was declared Reserve of the Biosphere in 1993 by the UNESCO. This place is magic: natural paradises where the golden sand meets the crystal-clear waters of the Atlantic, volcanic landscapes and unusual tropical vegetation. This island is pure contrast, it´s land of fusion of work of art and nature. It´s the place of exceptional landscapes of unique beauty. The views from our hotel will leave you breathless: in the horizon Lobos Island and Fuerteventura appear. Furthermore, close to Hotel THe Mirador Papagayo you will find the port Marina Rubicon, a place to enjoy a walk while contemplating the sea and the sailing boats, have a drink or go for some tapas, or go shopping at the flea market or at the shops around. With its average annual temperature of 22°C, Lanzarote not only is an optimal place for practicing water sports, but it also offers everything for you to enjoy the vacation you deserve. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Onthebeach, Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , Lastminute, TravelUp, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your THe Mirador Papagayo Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Papagayo Hotel Lanzarote
- Iberostar Hotel Papagayo
- Iberostar Playa Blanca
- THe Mirador Papagayo Hotel Lanzarote/Playa Blanca