This is now the second time I have been to this hotel with my girlfriend and her parents, and both times have been fantastic. The reception staff are very welcoming and friendly and speak in multiple languages, all the hotel staff, waiters and barman/women are extremely nice and made the stay much more relaxing.
The food was one of my highlights of the trip, the buffet caters for a wide range of people including vegetarians and they have food for everyone's taste, whether it be a simple pizza and chips, or fresh fish, or paella. Fresh fruit is available at every meal time and the pancakes at breakfast are definitely not to be missed.
The room is very tidy and kept clean every day, has a nice bathroom with a good size bath with built in shower. The room could get a bit hot at times as the air con wasn't the most powerful but it wasn't too overwhelming. The balcony's are very nice and in my most recent stay i had a view from the front of the hotel overlooking the car park, but you could still see the sea and Futuerventura clearly and get some good photos. On my other visit, the balcony overlooked the back of the hotel into the pool area and the sea and coastline of Papagayo which was beautiful.
The pool area consists of plenty of sunbeds, of which we were always able to find some, situated around the pools. One kids pool which is only about knee/thigh depth and then a much larger circular pool which was a comfortable depth, I'm approximately 5ft 6 and could stand up. There was a few women who had taken their tops off and were sunbathing/swimming with everything out which was a bit unneeded considering at the top of the hotel, on the roof, is a particular 'nude' sunbathing area.
The 'entertainment' was normal holiday cheesyness at night with shows every night except Saturday at 9:30. But around the pool in the day, there would always be either water aerobics, water polo, snorkelling and various other activities taking place.
I would very much recommend this hotel as it is in a great location, a 10 minute walk to Marina Rubicon which has some lovely restaurants and picturesque scenery, and also the hotel itself run a bus to the nearest beach right next to Playa Blanca every few hours which is nice for a morning or afternoon beach session. This bus is free of charge as well. There is a supermarket located only a 2 minute walk away.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel THe Mirador Papagayo, located close to the beach Playa de las Coloradas and next to the paradisiac beaches of Playas de Papagayo, is an optimal place to enjoy your family vacation in Lanzarote. This four-star- resort features 291 ample rooms distributed in two buildings of three floors each. It disposes of two pool for adults and two for children, restaurant, snack bars and a conference room. The wide offer of entertainment, sports activities, leisure and relaxing has been conceived for every family member to enjoy this experience to the maximum. For it, Hotel THe Mirador Papagayo offers among others a gym, a spa center, a multipurpose sports court as well as kayak and bike rental service. Naturally, the little ones will have great fun at our Mini Club. Due to its touristic attractiveness and its good infrastructure, Lanzarote is the ideal venue for holding multiple events such as weddings, congresses, conferences and business meetings. Hotel THe Mirador Papagayo offers modern facilities with the audiovisual equipment for celebrating this kind of events. With spectacular views over Lanzarote, Fuerteventura and Lobos Island, here you have everything at your disposal for your “tailor-made” vacations. Discover with Hotel THe Mirador Papagayo a universe full of tiny pleasures. An unforgettable experience to share in good company in an idyllic place. Hotel THe Mirador Papagayo disposes of 291 rooms, four of them adapted for people with disabilities. Each of the five categories Double Superior Sea View, Familiar Room, Double Sea View, Double Sea Side View and Double Standard puts everything at your disposal for you to immerse in the blue color of the Atlantic. Your wellness and the comfort at your feet. You will find us in Lanzarote, the “island of the volcanoes”. As expected, it was declared Reserve of the Biosphere in 1993 by the UNESCO. This place is magic: natural paradises where the golden sand meets the crystal-clear waters of the Atlantic, volcanic landscapes and unusual tropical vegetation. This island is pure contrast, it´s land of fusion of work of art and nature. It´s the place of exceptional landscapes of unique beauty. The views from our hotel will leave you breathless: in the horizon Lobos Island and Fuerteventura appear. Furthermore, close to Hotel THe Mirador Papagayo you will find the port Marina Rubicon, a place to enjoy a walk while contemplating the sea and the sailing boats, have a drink or go for some tapas, or go shopping at the flea market or at the shops around. With its average annual temperature of 22°C, Lanzarote not only is an optimal place for practicing water sports, but it also offers everything for you to enjoy the vacation you deserve. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Onthebeach, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Lastminute, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, HRS, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your THe Mirador Papagayo Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Papagayo Hotel Lanzarote
- Iberostar Hotel Papagayo
- Iberostar Playa Blanca
- THe Mirador Papagayo Hotel Lanzarote/Playa Blanca