Just returned from a week's stay and found everything to be marvellous. We travelled with our friends so there were two couples staying in a three bedroom, three bathroom villa and we all enjoyed our stay very much. The villa was spotless and modern, with a large kitchen and dining area, large lounge with doors opening onto a very large terrace with table and chairs. There were also four sun beds with comfy cushions and two parasols so perfect if you wanted to be private and not sit around one of the three pools. There were always plenty of sun beds there too but as it was quite windy we never ventured into the pools. We ate breakfast most mornings at the onsite restaurant/bar, Ruby's, as well as dinner on two nights, which was excellent.The staff there were very friendly and helpful, as in fact were all the other staff we met. The weather had been terrible right up until the day we arrived but while we were there, the sun shone practically every day although it was still very windy. We went most nights to Playa Blanca as there was a very good selection of restaurants there. We ate either Spanish, Mexican or Chinese and all were very good with lots of free after dinner drinks handed out! We did walk there twice but it was quite a long walk, along a main road, taking about 25 minutes so we used the taxis which were readily available. Fare was around 3 Euros so pretty reasonable.A little negative thought is that while one of the bedrooms was huge and ensuite with a wet room, the other two were comparitively much smaller although still perfectly adequate. It would be great if the owners realised that sometimes it is two couples staying rather than a family so two large ensuite bedrooms might be a good idea. Another little negative is the lack of free wifi in the villas but I had read the owner's explanation of the charge so perhaps that it something they are considering changing in the future. However, I would definitely recommend a stay here and hope to return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the southern tip of Lanzarote, near the quiet town of Playa Blanca, Jardines del Sol is built in the style of a Spanish pueblo blanco or white village.Offering modern, well-equipped, detached bungalows surrounded by landscaped gardens and a beautiful pool, the beaches of Playa Blanca are a 25-minute walk away while a ferry to the island of Fuerteventura takes just 45 minutes. The sea is calm and ideal for young children, and the glistening white sands are more than inviting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, Ebookers, Priceline, Hotel.de, 5viajes2012 S.L., Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Jardines del Sol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jardines Del Sol Hotel Playa Blanca
- Jardines Del Sol Playa Blanca
- Jardines Del Sol Lanzarote/Playa Blanca