Our party of 6 stayed at Jardines del Sol for a week at the end of May. It has been a really wonderful holiday for our mixed group which included an adult wheelchair user and two small children. The accommodation was so well equipped, spacious and clean. We had requested an adapted apartment which included a wetroom with shower chair which was brilliant and made such a difference to other places we have stayed where 'adapted bathrooms' tend to consist of a grap rail by the bath and the loo but not much else. The disabled access bedroom also had adjustable beds which made it a home from home for my daughter. It was very easy to get around both the apartment and the resort with wheelchair or childs buggy. We had also requested a cot and high chair and these were in the apartment waiting for us.
I cannot stress how well equipped the accommodation is with regard to washer, fridge freezer, dishwasher etc. it really is a home from home.
The main swimming pool is heated and it also has a pool hoist which is operated by the pool attendant, who is so helpful. It also has a ramped entrance without steps which makes easier access for those who don't like steps. The pool temperature was good and made for a lovely swim. Having been in many 'heated' pools, the one at Jardines del Sol is definitely a better temperature than a lot of others. There are two other smaller pools also, but these were a little cooler. The grounds are beautifully maintained and so pretty. All accommodation has it's own outside space with loungers and table and chairs.
The reception staff were all very friendly, helpful, knowledgeable and keen to help in any way possible.
The bar and restaurant on site provides a decent selection of both food and drinks and is very reasonably priced for both.
The resort is gated which makes it feel very safe and secure with ample parking on site if you hire a car as we did.
The housekeeping team were friendly and efficient and left the apartment spotless after their visits.
The resort is a 20 minute walk from the centre of Playa Blanca, but there is a taxi rank right outside if you didn't fancy stretching your legs.
A bit about Playa Blanca and Timanfaya: My daughter made use of a special chair at Playa Blanca beach which allowed her to go into the sea properly for the first time in her 26 years. The life guard set us up and pushed her into the sea and we swam with her while she bobbed about in this buoyancy chair. It was the highlight of her holiday in many respects and the life guard was so helpful. When we visited the Timanfaya National Park they have an adapted bus with a lift for wheelchair users. It made it so easy to enjoy the volcano experience and again, the drivers and staff on site were so helpful.
All in all, we had a wonderful holiday in Lanzarote, made especially fabulous by the staff and facilities at Jardines del Sol. The week flew by and I wish we could have stayed longer. The facilities on site made it a very easy holiday for us all.
Thank you, Jardines del Sol!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the southern tip of Lanzarote, near the quiet town of Playa Blanca, Jardines del Sol is built in the style of a Spanish pueblo blanco or white village.Offering modern, well-equipped, detached bungalows surrounded by landscaped gardens and a beautiful pool, the beaches of Playa Blanca are a 25-minute walk away while a ferry to the island of Fuerteventura takes just 45 minutes. The sea is calm and ideal for young children, and the glistening white sands are more than inviting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Easy Market Spa, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Alpha Holidays Limited, LoveHolidays, Stayforlong S.L., Hotels.com, Odigeo, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Jardines del Sol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jardines Del Sol Hotel Playa Blanca
- Jardines Del Sol Playa Blanca
- Jardines Del Sol Lanzarote/Playa Blanca