“Beautiful location”
Review of Hotel Hostalillo

Hotel Hostalillo
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Tamariu
Reviewed 24 May 2014

We had the most wonderful stay at this hotel you cannot beat these views over the cove and around the bay . Very helpful reception staff and barman they could not do enough to help you xx
Will definitely be coming back

Room Tip: The rooms with balconies over the cove on the left of the hotel as you look at it are the ones to ge...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 23 May 2014

Our visit was amazing from the time I made my reservation. Taramiu is a very small place so hard to book a transfer from Girona Aiport, no problem, I called the hotel and the very nice receptionist booked a taxi for us! The taxi driver Fadel with Euro Taxis was so friendly and welcomed me and my two boys with open arms! My first night my AC wasn't working, the receptionist came up herself to assist me and we got it working! Breakfast I had the only children but I felt very welcomed! I missed the appropriate bus to Barcelona from Pallafrugel and instead had Fadel take us to Barcelona today and he was very accommodating and so super friendly! It was worth every penny to have him drive us to each location! I have never felt such a personal touch in a hotel and the views and sound of the ocean make it even better! I am by myself with two young boys age 11 and 5 and this short holiday has been wonderful at this hotel. I walked to the other hotels and none of them compare to Hostalillo!

Room Tip: The terrace sea view double room is perfect. Great view of the Cove.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Really enjoyed our stay here at the Hotel Hostalillo. Loved the location of this hotel as it was quite hidden out of the way and nestled on the edge of a beautiful beach with easy access if you are able bodied (not so for elderly). Parking was a problem as the hotel only has one or two parking places beside the front door. Otherwise you have to pay for parking €10 per night, which is a few mins walk away. Breakfast Al fresco with good choice of fresh produce. Well equipped bedroom - just a tad on the small side - but a very comfortable bed. Paid the extra for sea views - rooms on two sides have sea views - front and side. We got a side room, even though the front rooms which had a larger balcony remained unoccupied. This room was occupied on one night of our 3 night stay and guests were very noisy wakening us by laughing and talking from about 2am right up to breakfast time. (not the hotels fault but frustrating when you enjoy your sleep) Views spectacular, close to all amenities. Dinner in the evening was just bliss under the very watchful eye of the maitre d'. Such a romantic setting. Reception staff were somber but very attentive to us during our stay. Any request we had was dealt with promptly and very professionally. An interesting feature - the webcam for Tamariu is situated on the roof showing the views from the hotel, so I frequently stop by to admire the beach !!Will definitely return some day soon.

Room Tip: Sea view is recommended. Ask to view the room first before you decide.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 November 2013

As a diver this Hotel is fitting concerning the wonderful location. It was our secnd stay there. Ambiente is old-fashioned, service is good an friendly. The service at the reception is nearly barefaced. I am not so sensibel, but what the male receptionists did was more than not acceptable.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank abuabDul
Hostalillo, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Hostalillo, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for your opinion about our Hotel. We regret to hear you were not totally satisfied during your last stay with us.

We are always working to ensure our guest's satisfaction, so we hope next time you will have a pleasant experience.

With Kind Regards,
HOTEL HOSTALILLO

Reviewed 22 October 2013

I have just spent one night at this hotel and I loved it. My room 505 was slightly disappointing but my friends room was much nicer 405. We booked last minute as we were staying in another hotel in Platja D'Aro before this. However, as it was late October we got a fabulous deal with breakfast included. The breakfast was very good, views great. The best thing is the bar, restaurant and the views. The restaurant is set out gorgeously, service impeccable and the food was very good. Totally unlike our previous hotel which was a 4 star. The lunch we had at the bar the next day was just fab and much better than food I have previously had at the cafes on the front in Tamariu. The staff at this hotel are extremely polite and you felt they went the extra mile. I found it extremely relaxing and would not hesitate to return again. I will pay extra next time and book a sea view room. Walls are slightly thin so I had quite a noisy Russian couple next to me who appeared only to be able to shout and not talk normally!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 September 2013

We were excited about our night at the Hostalillo to listen to the Habaneres on the first Saturday in September. The concert was cancelled because of weather,no fault of the hotel. When we checked in we were got a great reception,lovely room with a view of the beach. There was no lunch available at the hotel but no problem to find great food in Tamaríu.
My disappointment was the receptionist had told us when we checked in that when we returned from lunch we could decide whether or not we wished to dine at the hotel that evening or not. We came back at 4p.m. and said yes please and were told no availability. o.k. However when we went to dinner in town the dining room was more or less empty and when we returned there were at least 6 empty tables..........I would have thought they could have taken 2 more covers. It is not a cheap hotel and we would have expected a little more.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank gillianholt
Reviewed 23 September 2013

We loved this place.
Probably the best place to stay in Tamariu as it on the beach but on the quiet side of the pier so you are not disturbed. Lovely views. All staff really friendly and very accommodating of our baby.
(I would like to thank the waiters for putting up with the mess our little one made each morning at the breakfast table). Restaurant was great for dinner as well and good value. Quiet bar to relax. Breakfast was always a treat overlooking the beach. I think the selection was good. The restaurant manager clearly does a fine job keeping all in check here.
The only downsides were just a lack of heating when it gets cold on occasions, serious lack of parking, and barely one working iron with no board for the whole hotel!
Just minor niggles, so have 5 stars.

No hesitation to recommend! I hope to come back some day.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank kalupukka
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tamariu
Hotel La Caleta de Tamariu
#1 of 6 in Llafranc
Hotel Terramar
Hotel Terramar
#2 of 6 in Llafranc

Been to Hotel Hostalillo? Share your experiences!