“Wonderful ambiance and setting, good food”
Review of Fosbury Cafe

Fosbury Cafe
Reserve with
Fosbury Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 346 Restaurants in Castelldefels
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 6 September 2013

We celebrated our three year wedding anniversary last night in Fosbury. It was a lovely late-summer evening with no breeze so the terrace had open roof and we chose to sit outside, like most of the people dining at Fosbury. We had a lovely evening. Food was very good (cod buñuelos, squid, then turbot and the rape suquet), brought in appropriate time and sequence. I only have to point out two small details, one was that no bread was offered and even though we requested it, we never got it and went on to eat as we didn't want the main courses to get cold. The other detail was that the starters came before the wine and the waiter then rushed to get the wine, while the starters were getting cold before us. I think this is a service matter which can be polished for a 40€-per-head meal, but otherwise a good place and a good experience and I'd like to come back again.

There are newer reviews for Fosbury Cafe

Reviewed 5 September 2013

It was a great paella we had to eat here, although a slightly more expensive place to eat. The atmosphere of this place though made it my favourite place in castelldefels!

Reviewed 7 August 2013

August 2013
Whist on holiday this week, we deiced to venture away from our villa and sample some of the local cuisine here in Castelldefels on the North East Spanish coast, 15 minutes from Barcleona. AS it turned out, Monday night is not the most favourable night to eat out and most of our chosen establishments were closed, despite it being August. WE therefore found ourselves outside the FOsbury Cafe, a slightly more upmarket restaurant than we had intended to frequent with two kids on a MOnday night. However, this was a little oasis on the sand. INside it was buzzing, the outside terrace seating area was full to bursting and gentle jazz music permeated the summer evening above the general hubbub of a clearly popular nightspot. This is a holiday town for the Spanish, and little english appears to be spoken - no pictures of egg and chips or spaghetti bolognese on these menus! A friendly greeter assured us only a 5-minute wait for a table and she was right. WE were seated along the edge of the white lounge style dining area and given the international menu. My thirteen year old was suddenly feeling very grown up and no doubt itching to get onto Facebook and checkin. So far so good. And then we waited, And we waited. And then we waited. Waiting not being one of my key strengths, especially having walked nearly an hour to find this place in 25 degree evening heat, an aperitif at that moment would have been most welcome. So, we waited some more whilst my husband 'explained' to me that "this was Spain and they are a little more laid back over here and I would just have to get into it'! I Finally cracked and with a loud "Señor" managed to attract the attention of the surly waiter who had been pointedly ensuring no eye contact whilst attending to the adjoining tables. Taking advantage of him being there, all drinks and food orders were dispatched simultaneously - we couldn't risk we may not see him for a while. So, tapas sharing plate such as calamari, nachos with guacamole, iberian ham and tomato bread were passed up in favour of main courses only, I had read about this place online and leant that the average price per head was €60 - way more than we had wanted to spend for a casual supper. Starters seemed to cost around €12 - €15. Within 2 minutes a friendly waitress was back with our drinks - well some of them. The vino tinto I was told, was "on it's way" - at least I thought it is what they said. AS it turned out, I had to ask a further three times and even get the wine list back and start the whole process again. Actually, the food arrived in quite a timely fashion. The house burger was, in my daughter"s words, the best she had ever had. This is Spanish cooking though so be warned, The burger itself was extremely rare - bordering on steak tartare in a bun - just without the spices, As a family, just how we like our meat - but not for the faint-hearted. Topped with local ham, cheese and the horseback, a perfectly cooked fried egg - all served in a lightly toasted brown bun. It was delicious and at a snip under €13, I though great value for money. My son ordered the staple food of a ten year old - marguerita pizza. He pronounced it "OK - quite like a pizza express pizza and i don't like those very much!" We requested that other staple of his diet - tomato ketchup, and waited.......you get the picture. My husband, determined to only eat seafood whilst on this trip, opted for the sea bass, basque style. Although he had no idea what Basque style was, there was no hope of an explanation from the staff; 1) because they would have to come to our table and 2) no english - to match our no Spanish in fairness. He enjoyed it very much but it was a very light dish - Basque style seemed to mean 'with vegetables' although there was not a carb in sight - he ate all of my delicious chips. WE finally managed to get the bill which arrived alongside the ketchup and a wry smile from said waiter. The bill was a very reasonable €80, but we had ordered no where near the amount of food and drink we would have liked to - a couple of soft drinks each for the kids, 2 beers and half a bottle of wine. WE all agreed that the setting was lovely, a modern and trendy restaurant which I am sure comes fully alive past midnight, the food was tremendous but let down by the service. In retrospect, was it just the Spanish way up against my British expectations? No, i don't think so. Repeated requests, being ignored and no acknowledgment of our arrival for over 20 minutes at our table, that's just bad service in anyone's language - we won;t be returning.

2  Thank ssduff
Reviewed 27 July 2013 via mobile

This is a nice place in the front beach in castelldefels. Modern design, nice terrace (ask for it in your reservation). However, the food is not excellent (specially looking into the high prices you pay)... there are no typical dishes, the main dishes are hamburgers or pizzas... It is an expensive restaurant where you pay the design!

Reviewed 7 June 2013

Good food quality, but the service was bad! They provide a menu in English, but the waiter we had could not follow it. So, we ended up with more than we wanted and, of course, much more than we wanted to spend. My fault for not being more aggressive; it was our second night in Spain and I was too shy to speak up at that point. Don't be shy, and you may have a good experience there.