This was our second visit to BCN Events as the cost in August represents such good value. The rooms are large- we had a triple room as we have a 7yr old son- clean and wonderfully quiet.
The location of the hotel is great, we had family join us and it was just fifteen minutes to the airport to pick them up/drop them off but the hotel is also only minutes away from lovely sandy beaches and the shopping centre/ town of Castelldefells where there are loads of places to eat and shop.
The centre of Barcelona took us less than half an hour- you can head for the Port and park underground really easily at the end of La Rambla- perfect for shops and sighseeing in the city.
We had brekkie in the hotel for 8 euros extra (restaurant food at any other time is not great) and whilst it is not the biggest choice I have ever seen there is plenty to choose from. The only small complaint I would have is having coffee from the machine which is not very nice, last year they would make you a fresh one if you wanted but this year it was 1.70 euro extra.
The Italian restaurant in the shopping centre is minutes walk and food was great- as it was last year, and this year we also enjoyed great food in the town at the Chinese, the Asian Kitchen and an amazing Turkish on one of the main streets - we did not tend to use the car in the evenings and these were all within easy walking distance of the hotel. I would recommend having a car though as it makes getting into Barcelona so easy, as well as getting down to the beaches, Sitges is also well worth a visit - about half an hour south. The hotel also has plenty of free parking so no issues there.
Pool was nothing spectacular but perfectly fine- I have seen a lot worse (the following week when we drove up the coast to Tossa De Mar- that's another story!!) and there are not enough sunbeds- but there never are in any hotel generally.
All in all a great value, simple, clean base with comfy beds and good aircon ! Would stay here again, reception staff were very accommodating and happy to print off our boarding passes (Ryan Air- say no more!) free of charge which was good, also free wifi throughout hotel which was useful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- El Hotel SB BCN EVENTS es un hotel de cuatro estrellas situado en Castelldefels, a escasos metros de las playas de Gavà y Castelldefels. Un hotel en Castelldefels especializado en eventos y convenciones, con 212 habitaciones y salones de gran capacidady a tan sólo 15 km de Barcelona. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Odigeo, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel SB BCN Events reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Apsis Bcn Events Castelldefels
- Apsis Bcn Events Hotel Castelldefels
- Hotel SB BCN Events Province Of Barcelona/Castelldefels