“For Barcelona or the beach...a great hotel.”

Hotel Ciudad de Castelldefels
Ranked #10 of 17 Hotels in Castelldefels
Reviewed 22 September 2011

Two friends and I stayed here for a 3 night long weekend visit to Barcelona. It was a perfect place to stay. Easy public transportation to Barcelona, one block from a great beach, and bars and restaurants were all within an easy walking distance. The rooms were large and clean and the staff was very polite and helpful. We ate the breakfast one morning and it was plentiful though certainly not gourmet. My next trip to Barcelona will again include at stay here as I was very satisfied. And the price was great.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank dilemma09

Reviewed 22 August 2011

This is a difficult one to review. On one hand we were very satisfied with the hotel and our room - good size, very clean and excellent air conditioning. However, this was completely off-set by the terrible service we received in the restaurant. The attitude of the head waiter was appalling - he could barely conceal his contempt at having to serve us! The hotel's loss as we gave up and chose to take every meal elsewhere (including breakfast!). Another problem was that the hair-dryer was broken - and every day we were told it would be fixed (for 5 days!). Holiday enjoyment includes dressing up and going out feeling great - not walking into restaurants with a wet pony-tail like a 12-year old! My husband had to make a HUGE fuss to get any resolution. On leaving they offered us a €15 rebate. Frankly, I wish they had just nipped out and bought a new hair-dryer in the first place! So sadly, overall the experience was very mixed, but we would definitely not go back.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Alison L
Reviewed 5 July 2011

I stayed here for just one day before travelling with friends. I wanted a hotel in a reasonably lively location and within easy reach of the airport. This fitted the bill nicely. The hotel is near the bars and restaurants, and an easy walk from the huge sandy beach.
I found the staff to be polite and friendly. My room (32) was on the ground floor overlooking the pool- a nice pool but lacking in shade. The room itself was huge for a single; in fact I'm guessing it was an upgrade, but even for 2 people it would be large. It is very modern and I found it to be spotlessly clean.
My only negative feelings about the hotel would be a lack of charm and character. If you are looking for something functional and comfortable in a good location then its fine, but I'm not sure I would want to spend more than a few days there as its a bit sterile.
All in all, excellent value for a little over 60 Euro.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank DullDave
Reviewed 30 May 2011

My Family and I stayed at this Hotel for two nights before boarding our Cruise Ship 23/05/11.
Prior to our arrival we emailed the hotel to ask for directions to the port via Train. The Hotel emailed back almost instantly with directions to the train station. They also stated which train to get making our journey as straight forward as could be.
The stay was pleasant with no problems to report. The staff were friendly and very helpfull.
I would reccommend this Hotel to friends, family and anyone thinking of booking with this Hotel.
I stayed at the 4* Luna Alpinus, Portugal 03/05/11 with the All-Inclusive being a complete rip-off! The bar staff were also rude (read my full review).
My point being one should never choose a hotel by the 'Star' rating as Luna Alpinus was 4* and this particular Hotel 'Ciudad De Castelldefels' I believe was a 3*, however I feel it should be a 4/5* with Luna Alpinus being a 2* at most!!!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank ccbk11
Reviewed 25 April 2011

The hotel itself was modern and clean. But the Hotel staff's attitude was quite rude. No smile.....At the breakfast the hotel staff were in bad mood and did not greet at all (an elder lady and a man) . We thought they have a lot of work therefore under stress....but we are travellers and want to enjoy our vacation and have a good morning. We stayed another hotels around Barcelona.....but unfortunately this " Ciudad de Castelldefels" was the worst because of the rude attitude of some hotel employees.....even though the hotel has nice clean rooms and is in good location. We can not recommend any other people and we will not choose thie hotel next time.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank tauri-tauri
Reviewed 20 April 2011

Just returned from 3 night stay at the Ciudad de Castelldefels Hotel.
The Hotel should be 4* as rooms were large and clean and the breakfast was very good.
We have only positive things to say about this hotel and definitely recommend it.
The hotel is close to the beach (5mins) and there are plenty of restaurants within a 5 - 10 min walk. The resort is very Spanish and most menus etc are just in Spanish which was fun! We travelled by train from the airport and found the trains very clean and punctual.The train station is only 10min walk from the Hotel but you don't hear the trains pass by. It's only 3 euros from Castelldels to Barcelona and very easy to navigate around the busy station in Barcelona. We also took the train along the coast to Sitges which is a beautiful resort and well worth a visit. This is an excellent location for a weekend in Barcelona much quieter than in the city.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with OctopusTravel
3  Thank DonnaduckNorthampton
Reviewed 13 October 2010

Have just returned from a 2 night stay on bed and breakfast, with my husband and 2 friends. Hotel was just what we were looking for, a typical Spanish Hotel in a Spanish seaside resort with no English bars or cafes, advertising English food. Breakfast was very good value as you had a choice of hot or cold.Hotel was very clean all through out. Bedrooms were very spacious, and with lots of toileties in the beautiful bathroom. We had a pool view room which was very nice. Also pool towels are provided at the door leading out to the pool, which was a bonus. Over all I would rate this Hotel a 4* for all its facilities it has to offer.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple