“Loved it all over again!”
Review of Mar Blanc - CLOSED

Mar Blanc
Price range: US$73 - US$117
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 27 July 2013

We last ate here over 4 years ago and really enjoyed it. This time however we enjoyed it even more.

The views to the beach and sea are stunning. The food was as we remembered: delicious. We both had the cod milfeuille. Service was pleasant, very good and efficient.

A gesture from Mar Blanc I particularly enjoyed was that when I highlighted that they had forgotten to include coffee in the bill they said that by virtue of us being returning customers they were on the house (when being shown to our table I told them we had eaten there four years ago and as we were in town again we could not miss Mar Blanc!).

Reviewed 21 July 2013

Had read about it on tripadvisor, and it was located next to our hotel, so we went for dinner one night. Staff could not speak english, and misunderstood some of our order. No smile detected. Food was ok, but not to the standard we were expecting. Gambas consisted of 4-5 gambas - that's it. The grilled sole was drenched in white sauce - worst I've had in Spain (and I eat sole often). The kid went for a bascian sausage, which was the best out of the dishes. Very little food for a LOT of money. We ordered only one beer and two soft drinks, and three main courses - 75 euros!

The only thing this place has going for it is location, location, location.

Reviewed 17 December 2012

I posted the previous review after returning from Spain in June. I have just reread my review and would like to add that I have eaten there 5 times and each time our meals were wonderful. It was just that this past time, the main course disappointed. I would return to this restaurant and plan to reserve again on my upcoming visit next May.

1  Thank westford
Reviewed 2 June 2012 via mobile

I've loved this restaurant in the past, but this time with a pre determined menu for my group, it did not meet my expectations. I was very disappointed in all of the three main courses. Appetizers were plentiful and fantastic with a great assortment, especially the fideua. My rice seafood stew was not good. I will go back again on my next visit to Barcelona but just a few friends, no more big groups.

1  Thank westford
Reviewed 13 October 2011

We had a lovely meal here. We all ate fish and they were all very good dishes. We visited in early October and the restaurant was very quiet although it was a warm evening.