Stayed at the Caleta Palace for a week on 28 Sept - 6 Oct, 2 adults and 2 kids and had a great time, and would def go back. Like most others i was concerned by some of the bad reviews but please don't let them put you off this great hotel.
The hotel is in a great location, right on the beach albeit with coarse sand, but the views are amazing. A tip is to go to the far left of the beach where you will find steps leading you along a cliff walk to some amazing coves that you can swim in.
The rooms are basic granted, but have everything you need and cleaned every day and fresh towels are left if required.
The restaurant is a buffet style and there was always something for all of us to eat at each sitting. There was always a chef at the grill section cooking fresh fish or steaks. Waiting staff were always friendly. The restaurant could get busy so be prepared to queue if you don't get there early for a table to become available.
The bar staff were always friendly and worked hard all day long. Sometimes you had to queue for your drinks but not usually that long. Ask what the cocktail of the day is as its included if A/I.
Pool area was great with lots of sun loungers, which fortunately we didnt have to get up at dawn to "reserve" one, although not sure if this is the case is high season.
Evening entertainment was mainly catering for elderly Spanish and French who seemed to be brought in by the coach load, so not much to do if you have young children.
Platja D'Aro is just down the road with many upmarket shops, and lots of places to shop, grab a coffee or ice cream.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4-star H·TOP Caleta Palace hotel is located in the lively city of Platja d’Aro, Costa Brava (north-east coast of Spain) and has a direct access to the beach. The 300-room offer Mediterranean beach views and a relaxed environment perfect for singles, couples and families. It is situated 110 Km from Barcelona – El Prat Airport and 32 Km from Girona Airport. Platja d’Aro is a fairly small town that attracts many tourists as it has many things to do for the entire family: shops, colorful cafes, traditional Catalan restaurants, and entertainment attractions including water parks (Aqua Diver), funfairs and playgrounds. FACILITIES (COMPROBAT x Montse) Rooms • Social room (ping pong, billard, etc.) • Restaurant • Bar • Swimming pool • Sun terraces Children • Miniclub • Playground • Baby cots and chairs Staff • 24 hour Front Desk services • Multilingual staff • Housekeeping • Tour desk Others • Facilities for guests with disabilities • Car hire* • Fax & copy service* • Air-conditioning • Heating • Safe boxes* • Wi-Fi* • TV plasma • Fridge • Luggage storage • Showers for check-out • Lifts • Bikes & quadricycles* • Parking* *Some of these services are extra or require a deposit (ask at the Hotel) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Hotelopia, Expedia, Odigeo, Ebookers, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your H.TOP Caleta Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Caleta Palace Hotel Platja d`Aro
- Caleta Palace Platja d Aro
- H.TOP Caleta Palace Platja D'Aro, Costa Brava, Spain