H.TOP Caleta Palace
Hotel Spa La Terrassa(Platja d'Aro)(Great Value!)
US$92
US$144
US$128
Priceline
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Salles Hotel & Spa Cala del Pi(Platja d'Aro)
US$319
US$300
Hotels.com
Hotel Els Pins(Platja d'Aro)(Great Value!)
US$92
US$90
  • Breakfast included
Park Hotel San Jorge(Platja d'Aro)(Great Value!)
US$194
US$177
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Bell Repos(Platja d'Aro)(Great Value!)
US$80
US$66
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Costa Brava(Platja d'Aro)
US$99
Hotel Bulevard(Platja d'Aro)
US$64
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
Aparthotel Ciutat de Palol(Platja d'Aro)(Great Value!)
US$105
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
Hotel Planamar(Platja d'Aro)
TripAdvisor
1,190 results
All reviewscaleta palacesaladmeal timesgirona airportgreat holidayrooms were cleanedsmall pebbleshotel beachend of seasonhotel is spotlessly cleanbath and showershort breakall inclusive drinksfamily holidayoverlooking the beachcold meatssunbeds
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 November 2013 via mobile

We were looking for a cheap week for half term and found it through on the beach £1100 for a family of four!!
When the other family travelling with us got their room we were pleasantly surprised doors separated a bedroom from the main area and big balcony!

Then we went into our room..... It was like a school form 4 beds in a row one of which I had to move to get the door open to the balcony! I stood on the balcony and could touch either wall with my hands when stretching my arms out it was like a match box!!

The restaurant well that's another matter food was inedible veal pork fish and more fish either under cooked or cooked to death!! The so called snack bar was clearly food left over from lunch and dinner( we saw them take from restaurant to snack area) dried out and cremated and covered in flies free of charge.
The drinks at the bar were served in awful plastic beakers and queues were often 10-15 mins long I'm not a big drinker and even I could drink from morn till night with no effect it was like dish water!!! The bar staff thru the day were sociable till the night time and you got the two miseries off the muppets who made the rules up about drinks quantities per person to suit themselves!!
I have never written a review before but felt the need this time this is the second time I've stayed in this chain of hotels and deffo won't be a third they are dire to say the least. If the weather is good the kids were fine as pool area was lovely fab location but we had 3 days cold and they were bored to tears. Kids club was garbage as was the entertainment on an evening !! The noise in the hotel was horrendous several times we had to get up and ask people to be quiet which didn't make for a restful half term I'm not picky I usually go self catering so I'm used to basic but this was the pits!!!!

Stayed: October 2013
3  Thank Claireivy
Reviewed 9 November 2013

From the start to finish of our 5 day trip the staff were excellent. We went for an end of summer break and on arrival were instantly impressed by the hotel. The large, clean marble floored reception area, with sofas and tables looked great.

We were checked in quickly and as request had sea views and a balcony. The rooms were within an apartment which was clean and basic.

The food was always fresh with a good choice on offer. The staff in the restaurant do not stop! As soon as plates were emptied they cleared them and as soon as a table was empty the cloth was changed and relayed for the next people.

The pool area was pretty clean, although as it was the end of the season was looking a bit tired. I certainly don't envy the cleaners though, with the falling leaves, food left and empty glasses left by people!

All in all, despite the not-so-great weather, it was a lovely few days, I would definitely recommend the hotel.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank louise1981000
Reviewed 8 November 2013

Well, where do I start in no way is this hotel a 4 star hotel,we booked for a week in half term myself my partner two kids and the mother in law. Our family room was ok, quite big, sea view no complaints there.Mother in law had to change due to her toilet not working, she was moved to a room that had faulty electrics (light not working) she said it was very noisy where she was kids running in corridors till early hours. Rooms look quite dated. We booked through on the beach website which lists amenities at the hotel that don't exist ! hair dressing salon,zen garden,library,supermarket art gallery and tennis courts, which were being used as a car park.Asked at reception about these missing amenities to be told they were taking the matter up with on the beach. Not a lot for the kids to do pool table out of order all week,arcade machines not really suitable for kids (punching game and arm wrestling game).Also excursions listed on website not being run during winter.
Now as for the food it is disgusting, I have never seen such a horrible pile of rubbish in all my life. Breakfast consisting of horrible fatty bacon, tinned hot dog sausages, stone cold fried eggs selections of cooked meat and cheap cereals.Dinner and evening meals also disgusting Veal,Shark Venison, Pork all either overcooked,under cooked or covered in a vile salty cold sauce dodgy stomachs all round all week. Nothing for the kids to eat all week they survived on chip butties,thank god for the McDonald's down the road.As for the snack bar it looked like it had been there all week the freshest thing on there was the flies! Honestly I think prisoners get better food than that crap. Location is good nice area plenty of restaurants (you will need them) it's about a 2 hour coach drive into Barcelona.Overall this hotel spoiled what was otherwise a good holiday never stay there again in fact i'ts made me feel sick just recalling the experience to write this review,i've never left reviews for hotels before but felt the need to if it stops at least one person from staying there.I am also going to report on the beach to abta for false advertising.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 November 2013

we arrived here, been relocated as other hotels had shut for the winter,the room was excellent size for 4 adults, cleaned everyday, staff always willing to help , hotel was very clean, but a little dated, the hotel was full with all nationallities , and with meals and drinks, there was sometimes a que,food was hit and miss, but you could always find something, on the negitive side, if you had children, there was not much for them to do, there was a kids club, but again due to the season, pretty low key, entertainment was not very good, but overall if you want a cheap break, then this is the place, right on the beach,

Room Tip: room 424 great size, double bedrooms, pool and sea veiw
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

We booked this holiday for 4 adults and 2 children for a family break, there was myself and my husband and our two children then my parents. The location is fantastic for beach, shops, bars, marina, with plenty to do on your doorstep.
Good points of the hotel itself:
Clean, helpful friendly staff, rooms a good size, cleaned every day by friendly ladies, towels changed every day if you wish, hair dryer in bathroom, decent shower and full size bath, loo is in separate room which came in handy a few times with two children!
Food was lovely! A great selection and all labelled and cooked to a great standard. Always warm, a good choice for vegetarians as well as meat eaters, salad munchers and children alike! The puddings were to die for too!
Great size pool, fantastic beach front location.
Lots of outdoor seating areas and a little shaded area in the grounds too if the sun got too hot.
The snack bar was always a selection also and open plenty of hours per day to suit everyone.
Negative points are:
The hotel allows groups of teenagers to stay in rooms without adult supervision, which we found to be a little bit of a pain with noise and laser pens pointing down to families sitting outside enjoying themselves.
We asked for two rooms together, one for 4 people and one for 2 but they wanted us to take 2 rooms for 3 which would have meant the grandparents taking one child and splitting them up which we would not have so they eventually moved us to a bigger room which we should have been given first. We were told we could have two sea view rooms in an email from the hotel two days before arrival but this was not offered so we had to be split up from our family for the week, this did annoy us as we were holidaying together and after being told we could have two rooms together we asked for them to move them for 4 days but in the end we gave up.
The bar was a bit of a pain to be honest- they could never decide how many drinks you could get on a card! Sometimes it was 1 sometimes 2! Which did make the queue a lot longer than it needed to be as it doubled the people if they only allowed one drink each. At times you could queue for 10-15 minutes for your drinks, sometimes they would serve children but other times wouldn't. You could however get bottles of wine at meal times from the restaurant bar and big bottles of water, and there was one cocktail of the day which you could have as many of that one you wanted for the day!!

Overall we were very happy with the hotel and we would recommend to anyone who wanted a very good value hotel with lots locally for adults and children, and we would be happy to return next year!

• Stayed: October 2013