Ok so here we go again, when we first arrived thought we had hit Butlins at feeding time. Our room was facing the car park but we did not stay there for long, there was a strong must smell so a trot along to reception for a room change, they had smiles but you could see this upset their routine. well the next room( OH yes there is more) we found out in the middle of the night was directly above the entrance to the bar/club so was kept awake by music and loud noise. so in the morning we went again to reception and they promised they would sort us out while we went to breakfast. well when we went to our new room on the top floor we where pleasantly surprised, they had given us a suite that overlooked the beach and pool and had a balcony. so for starters if you are persistent you will get the room that you paid for.
Food ! now this was all inclusive and of course if in Rome etc. some of the food was quite specialized ( I wouldn't eat it ). However the majority of the food was of a very acceptable nature and you will never starve. as with all hotel pools you have to fight to get a poolside lounger, it has big signs saying "No Reserving" however I saw it going on a 6 in the morning from our balcony. cannot understand why, as you have a brilliant sandy beach and the sea. Nice walk into the town along the beach and rocks or along the main street, lots of restaurants on the main drag and promenade, however beware of McDonald not sure if they saw me coming but two burger meals came to 23 Euro. Transport, the buses are not that often but they do run to the time table from the bus station about a 20 minute walk from the hotel. out of the main entrance turn left and keep walking you will see it on the right eventually. trains are just as reliable however keep an eye on your wallet, mine went missing on the train!. lots to see if you wander, we went to the Dahli museum and his wife's castle. each is a day trip. So if you keep an open mind, enjoy trying different food you will certainly enjoy this hotel, I would go back there for another two week trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- H·TOP Caleta Palace hotel is located in the lively city of Platja d’Aro, Costa Brava (north-east coast of Spain) and has a direct access to the beach. The 300-room offer Mediterranean beach views and a relaxed environment perfect for singles, couples and families. It is situated 110 Km from Barcelona – El Prat Airport and 32 Km from Girona Airport. Platja d’Aro is a fairly small town that attracts many tourists as it has many things to do for the entire family: shops, colorful cafes, traditional Catalan restaurants, and entertainment attractions including water parks (Aqua Diver), funfairs and playgrounds. FACILITIES (COMPROBAT x Montse) Rooms • Social room (ping pong, billard, etc.) • Restaurant • Bar • Swimming pool • Sun terraces Children • Miniclub • Playground • Baby cots and chairs Staff • 24 hour Front Desk services • Multilingual staff • Housekeeping • Tour desk Others • Facilities for guests with disabilities • Car hire* • Fax & copy service* • Air-conditioning • Heating • Safe boxes* • Wi-Fi* • TV plasma • Fridge • Luggage storage • Showers for check-out • Lifts • Bikes & quadricycles* • Parking* *Some of these services are extra or require a deposit (ask at the Hotel) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Hotels.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Priceline, Booking.com, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your H.TOP Caleta Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Caleta Palace Hotel Platja d`Aro
- Caleta Palace Platja d Aro
- H.TOP Caleta Palace Platja D'Aro, Costa Brava, Spain