After reading some of the reviews was very apprehensive .On appearance of the hotel when we arrived I thought oh no all the bad reviews were true but I soon found out that its 50/50 .the hotel is 3 star our room was 1 star overlooked the car park and was very cramped and dated .the pool area was good and had a beautiful view of the beach, the staff are really really friendly and helpful .the entertainment was absolute rubbish .the food was actually ok better that I had hoped the beer estrella damn was very nice in fact all the soft drinks aswell were ok so if you are all inclusive you will get your monies worth the coffee was really nice as well. we went first week in june a week or two before the season really starts and the hotel was full of old Spanish. Queues at the bar was ok but can imagine waiting along time in peak.yes the beach is full of tiny little pebbles which you do get used to and great for getting all the dead skin of ur feet nice and smooth now .we did have a good week but will not be returning . two things saved this holiday from being not very good was the snorkelling this was amazing and the fact the kids met a couple on nice kids to play with .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- H·TOP Caleta Palace hotel is located in the lively city of Platja d’Aro, Costa Brava (north-east coast of Spain) and has a direct access to the beach. The 300-room offer Mediterranean beach views and a relaxed environment perfect for singles, couples and families. It is situated 110 Km from Barcelona – El Prat Airport and 32 Km from Girona Airport. Platja d’Aro is a fairly small town that attracts many tourists as it has many things to do for the entire family: shops, colorful cafes, traditional Catalan restaurants, and entertainment attractions including water parks (Aqua Diver), funfairs and playgrounds. FACILITIES (COMPROBAT x Montse) Rooms • Social room (ping pong, billard, etc.) • Restaurant • Bar • Swimming pool • Sun terraces Children • Miniclub • Playground • Baby cots and chairs Staff • 24 hour Front Desk services • Multilingual staff • Housekeeping • Tour desk Others • Facilities for guests with disabilities • Car hire* • Fax & copy service* • Air-conditioning • Heating • Safe boxes* • Wi-Fi* • TV plasma • Fridge • Luggage storage • Showers for check-out • Lifts • Bikes & quadricycles* • Parking* *Some of these services are extra or require a deposit (ask at the Hotel) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Priceline, LoveHolidays, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your H.TOP Caleta Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Caleta Palace Hotel Platja d`Aro
- Caleta Palace Platja d Aro
- H.TOP Caleta Palace Platja D'Aro, Costa Brava, Spain