“Not one of ourr top 10 experiences.”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of FrontAir Congress

FrontAir Congress
Albany, New York
“Not one of ourr top 10 experiences.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2013

Our stay itself was just OK - the rooms are very modern and clean. But the overall experience was less than stellar.

The hotel may be 'close' to the airport, but that's only if you're a bird. Driving to/from the airport via taxi & shuttle bus took us 20 - 25 mins. We made the mistake of taking a taxi on a Sunday - when there are additional tariffs, and ended up with a 30 Euro trip. It had cost us less than that a week earlier to get to the heart of downtown Barcelona on a Friday. I'd wait out their shuttle bus if you can.

The Hotel's web site says it's set in a 'business area'. It's actually located in a concrete wasteland. The only signs of civilization - a McDonalds about 100 yards away. You can get into Barcelona fairly cheaply via public transport, but if I were to do it over, I'd allow myself 15 more minutes to get to the airport the next day and stay somewhere within the city itself, where you might be able to enjoy your surroundings. I can't believe anybody stays there more than one night.

We found the staff to be a little on the abrupt side.

We didn't try the restaurant, but did eat an acceptable microwaved pizza at the bar.

We were asked to pay when we were checking in. I don't know if everyone has to do that, or if we looked suspicious!

The WiFi was unusable in the room. I went down to the 1st floor and sat outside the 'business lounge' to get a decent signal. A number of others appeared to be doing the same thing.

One thing that was really strange - for us at least. The bathroom had a clear glass door, giving any guest walking past it a clear view of any other guest using the toilet. We'd never seen that before. In addition, the sliding mirrored closet doors were perfectly aligned so that any guest sitting on the bed, or lying in the bed, had a similar perfect view of the toilet. We found that if we slid the offending door open this reflection was removed. I'm surprised nobody else has mentioned this feature. Maybe we live sheltered lives!

In summation, if you're arriving late in the evening and just need a place to sleep, it will do. If you'll be spending a little more time there, and want to have an more enjoyable last night in Barcelona, I'd think about going somewhere with more to offer.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Arlington Heights, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2013

First of all, this hotel is not very close to the airport as it makes you believe. The free shuttle is nice, but it's NOT like hotels we've stayed at that are right next door to the airport. You have to drive over ten minutes.

The customer service we received was horrible, horrible, horrible. We were given terrible directions to the hotel, and the girl at the desk when we arrived acted like she couldn't do anything to remedy it. All the service we received was rude.

This hotel is near nothing. The hours and feels for the pool/spa are ridiculous.
This is not a 4 star hotel. Stay somewhere else.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Sant Boi de Llobregat hotels

Palatine, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013

We booked this hotel because it was close to the airport, had free airport shuttle, nice looking pool and spa services, and was 4 stars. It is a nice hotel but here are some important things that we did not like:

1 - It is located in an industrial area with no access to anything outside the hotel so you are mostly stuck at this hotel. As a result they can successfully charge the ridiculous fee of $18 US per person to use the (very nice) swimming pool and facilities. They can also charge $20 per hour to use their computers in the business center. As expected, the resturant prices and bar prices were high as well.

2 - We stayed in the beginning of November and it was fairly cool outside, however, the room was quite warm and they had turned off all AC services for the whole building so we had to sleep with the window open and the noise and sun.

3 - The room was decent enough but there is no minifridge. A 4 star hotel should have this.there was also no US outlets which we expected ina 4 star hotel.

• Stayed November 2013
Barcelona, Spain
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

Was a great hotel to pass the night if you were having a conection flight in Barcelona. The price was really good for the hotel, the rooms were basic but clean and neat, average mattress you can't complain, great breakfast buffett, and everything was modernly equipped. However, what made it special was that they had a transfer shuttle to the airport that used to go there and back really often. Lately I've been noticing that the shuttle is taking more and more time, you call the hotel and they tell you that it has just departed and should be there in 20 minutes, you call again half an hour later and same answer. The radio conversations of the drivers give you the evidence that they just don't have an scheduled service, they go to the airport when they start receiving some calls. And for the way back they have deleted some of the early morning services. At least last time for me was awful because I waited 1 1/4 hour for they to pick me up and had to leave earlier than I needed to because of their shot offer of schedules for the shuttle. SO for the 4 hour sleep that I got, I could have stayed at the airport and save some money. They are not your best option for having a restful and peaceful night when using conection flights, I have seen other hotels that are constantly going to the pick up point in a scheduled 20 minutes period, but they are a little bit more expensive.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Juan Carlos P
St. Louis, Missouri
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2013

I booked this hotel for one night because of the free airport shuttle and because we had an early flight the next morning. We need to use the shuttle van service twice because we arrived at the airport from another destination and were leaving Barcelona the next morning. When we arrived at the Barcelona airport we called for the shuttle van to pick us up and they said they'd be there in 15 minutes. We waited for over 45 minutes and were about ready to take a taxi when the van showed up. Upon arrival at the hotel the front desk staff were efficient but not overly friendly. They made the necessary arrangements for the shuttle van to take us back to the airport early the next morning and set up a wake up call. The hotel is located in a strip mall type area with stores around it, however, everything was closed because it was Sunday. There was a McDonald's on the parking lot and a fried chicken restaurant within walking distance. The hotel room is average, with a big bed and decent bathroom.The free Wifi service never worked in our room on the fourth floor. We had to take our device to the first floor lounge area to access the Internet. The hotel has a nice pool, gym, and tennis type game room, however, the hotel charges extra to use these services which is a shame because hardly no one was using them when we visited. I was pleased to say the van was ready on time to take the group to the airport bright and early the next morning. There are two terminals in Barcelona's airport, be sure to check which one your airline uses.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
San Jose, California, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013

I stayed for 2 nights recently, overall the areas are clean, well maintained and modern. I don't like writing this review because I know how bad reviews hurts any business particularly those that we cannot foresee such as a hotel. I had the worst experience at a very nice hotel. First, the AC did NOT worked at all, I tried to fix it after I called and notify the front reception about the issue. I waited 6 hours and they never showed up. It was embarrassing to keep calling (I'm not the type of person that enjoys bugging) During this time the hotel was (or still is) under a massive remodeling, where construction workers that look more like a demolition team were pounding and knocking off walls. So just picture this: you came from a 14 hr flight, early in the morning, there's no AC and you cant sleep because of the demolition team's unbearable noise. After waiting for 6 hrs I went to the front desk and asked either to move to another suite or to get my money back (in a nice way) first the young black lady at the front desk told me that the construction workers were about to shut it off and call it a day in about 10 more minutes (didn't happen) and then she confessed that they had to disconnect the air AC because my room was too close to the demolition area ;/ Well I felt like they lied to me the whole time. Finally a Spanish looking receptionist was nice enough to switch me to another location I was finally able to sleep after all. So, first: I think they should not lie, second accommodate the guests far away from the construction area. I was very dissapointed by what had happened, it is a nice hotel but unfortunately Im not going back because of this episode. I do not wish to get reinbursed but it would be nice if the management would at least apologize for the inconvenience. I paid for the 2 days I stayed even though I only stayed 1 night. They should treat everyone with honesty and not insult our intelligence with lame excuses or lies.

Room Tip: Stay as far away as you can from the elevator, or front reception area (doesn't matter which flo...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank EsdrasCervantes
The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2013

This Hotel is just fantastic, with a transfer service to the Airport and the city centre (Placa Espanya) in Barcelona, its in easy reach of everything. In the middle of a shopping centre, with huge shops. We did like Al Campo, the enormous supermarket on walking distance. We took the transfer to the Airport, and the driver brought us to the trainstation, where we took a train to Sitges, a lovely town at the Costa Dorada. Barcelona itself is in easy reach, as well El Prat.

Room Tip: We had a standard room, which was absolutely fantastic !
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
#1 of 3 in Viladecans
NH Sant Boi
NH Sant Boi
#1 of 3 in Sant Boi de Llobregat

Been to FrontAir Congress? Share your experiences!