“Poor Hotel”

FrontAir Congress
London, United Kingdom
“Poor Hotel”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

My wife and I stayed here for 3 nights in July 2014.

To my surprise this hotel stands in a retail car park. Very unusual for a hotel to be located.

First of all they gave us a twin room, when clearly my wife had booked a double room.

The hotel is a large block, so our room was on the second floor, and a very, very far walk away, as the hotel is compromised of an entire block. So we carried our luggage all the way to our room and realised that they had given us a twin room.

We tried to call reception to notify them of their mistake, but no one answered the phone, and this was after numerous tries. We then carried our luggage all the way back to reception and were told that we couldn't change our room. So then we carried our luggage all the way back to our twin room.

The rooms were OK. No mini-bar, which was rather frustrating as it was very warm and you had to walk out of your room and go to one of the vending machines in the corridor to get a drink.

The best thing about the hotel was that they run a shuttle to and from the hotel.

The hotel is very far from Barcelona and the main City Centre, you you have to use buses or taxis to get around.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jpuar14

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Cranston, Rhode Island
Reviewed 25 July 2014

My wife and I stayed in Barcelona post cruise for a couple of days. Unfortunately, due to thunderstorms, our flight was delayed 24 hours. Our travel insurance opted to put us in this hotel for the night.
It was very disappointing right from the start. Check in was a fiasco, there were only people checking in and the line was literally out the door. However, we were even more taken aback with the room. To be fair, it appeared clean, however the bathroom door is partially frosted glass...can you say see through door? Also, the bar of soap was the size of a mini Hershey bar, (1" x3/4"). Try taking a shower with that.
Our view from the room was industrial high power electrical towers, the area is very industrial.
We ate in the restaurant (had the buffet) and all I can say was the salad bar was good.
Since our room was pre-paid by the our travel insurance check out should have been easy...not so. Finally had to talk to the hotel manager to make sure charges would not be placed on our Visa.
This hotel is OK if you are stuck with no where else to go, other than that do yourself a favor and find another option.

Room Tip: To choose a good room, make arrangement to stay elsewhere!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Sant Boi de Llobregat hotels

Waimea, Hawaii
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

We chose this hotel because of it's proximity to the airport and the pool for our daughter as this was just a quick flight connection. Pin checkin we were informed that children under 12 are not allowed in the pool!! Shocking! This should be clearly stated in the hotel description. Really really really bad!

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Simmersbach
Stafford
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Well something really important to my stay is the customer service and this hotel is shocking! upon checking in at 11.30pm the female member of staff was exceptionally rude, TELLING me I did not book a superior room as all the rooms are the same, even after showing her the booking confirmation. She also told me I had not paid a deposit... I spoke with the department manager the following morning whom was just as bad! Th only person I found helpful was Maria on reception.
The room its self is nice, spacious and equipped with everything you need. The restaurant food was nice and the hotel is well located.

So will I stay here again? no, would I recommend it? no

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Stayed overnight. Great location next to a mall with an enormous supermarket. Not a lot of restaurant choices by the hotel unless you like fast food. So ate at the hotel buffet which was good.
The hotel when we stayed did not have aircon, the receptionist neglected to tell us that the whole hotel did not have air con when we were checking in. But fortunately we could open the window.
The room is adequate, clean and the bathroom was clean too.
Chose this hotel as it has a free airport shuttle just have to wait for shuttle to come by, without having to call the hotel.
The hotel says they have free wifi but couldn't connect. Not sure what is up with this.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dordrecht, The Netherlands
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I selected this hotel because of its easy connection to the airport and the good offer they had at the time. The hotel provides a shuttle service to and from every half an hour. The bus-stop at the airport is easy to find and the ride takes some 25 minutes. The check-in felt a bit awkward, since the hotel is placed inside a shopping mall, meaning that a lot is going on around you while at the reception. Staff was efficient, yet friendly. The room was a positive surprise. Very spacious with large beds and a good sized bathroom. Despite all the hustle and bustle at reception, it was calm and quiet throughout. The window looked out over wall, but I only needed to sleep there one night. The restaurant was a bit of a deception. Not in terms of the quality of the food or the price, but in terms of service. The staff seemed to be busy with many things, except customers. The experience at breakfast was similar, with a lot of empty plates standing around, giving it a messy feel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Tarragona, Spain
Reviewed 14 July 2014

This hotel is deteriorating rapidly I have stayed several times in the last 4 years. Their customer service is appalling. I arrived on a late flight. I was desperate for some food and a coffee. although the papoerwork in the room said the cafeteria was open until 0100 am I arrived at midnight to be told very rudly it was closed. They then said speak to reception which I did only to be brushed and tod to get a packet of crisps from a vending machine. There was NO room service. This is a hotel which servies the airport and many air crews. I will not be staying there again if I can help it.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
#1 of 3 in Viladecans
NH Sant Boi
NH Sant Boi
#1 of 3 in Sant Boi de Llobregat

Been to FrontAir Congress? Share your experiences!