“AWFUL PROPERTY SHAMELESS STAFF”
Review of FrontAir Congress

FrontAir Congress
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

I had the bad fortune of staying at this terrible hotel 10 days ago.

The moment I presented myself at the reception, Maria, who is a complete apology of a receptionist, started shouting at me. Even though check in is at 2 pm and I arrived at 3 pm, she screams at me 'but you're supposed to be here only after 5 pm!!!' Then she arrogantly takes my passport from me and takes a full 30 minutes to give me my room key.

The room is not bad, but for a hotel claiming to be 3 star I expect at least a basic minibar. The room size is okay.

However, practically nothing at this pathetic hotel works. 2 days in a row the towels in my room weren't replaced in spite of leaving them on the shower floor. (There is an environment card in the bathroom that says 'leave towels in the shower and they will be replaced')

The free wifi in my room doesn't work! The brilliant response from Maria - 'Apple iPhones are designed poorly. The wifi works fine on other phones'
Seriously?

On the 3rd day, my business associate had no power in his room(#362). When we went to the reception we had to unfortunately deal with Maria again. After making us wait 45 minutes, she asks 'do you still need a replacement room?'
Of course we do! There's no power in the room.

At this time I saw her scream and be very arrogant to other guests as well. There was a sports team checking in (KTS, I think). She shouted at them too.

This woman is a complete disgrace to hospitality. In India, she wouldn't even be employed as a fuel pump attendant.
I still do not know why she repeatedly shouts at guests.

The breakfast was average. Surprisingly they do not serve Cortado, which is a very typical and very simple coffee.

Two of out of three days I didn't get the wake up call I asked for.

Do NOT stay here even if the room is free.

I'm a travel professional and I routinely travel across the globe. I've seen outstanding hotels and really bad hotels. This has got to be the worst hotel I've ever stayed in.

If TripAdvisor let me, I'd give them minus 1 out of 5.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank SaketPandit

Reviewed 28 July 2014

My wife and I stayed here for 3 nights in July 2014.

To my surprise this hotel stands in a retail car park. Very unusual for a hotel to be located.

First of all they gave us a twin room, when clearly my wife had booked a double room.

The hotel is a large block, so our room was on the second floor, and a very, very far walk away, as the hotel is compromised of an entire block. So we carried our luggage all the way to our room and realised that they had given us a twin room.

We tried to call reception to notify them of their mistake, but no one answered the phone, and this was after numerous tries. We then carried our luggage all the way back to reception and were told that we couldn't change our room. So then we carried our luggage all the way back to our twin room.

The rooms were OK. No mini-bar, which was rather frustrating as it was very warm and you had to walk out of your room and go to one of the vending machines in the corridor to get a drink.

The best thing about the hotel was that they run a shuttle to and from the hotel.

The hotel is very far from Barcelona and the main City Centre, you you have to use buses or taxis to get around.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jpuar14
Reviewed 25 July 2014

My wife and I stayed in Barcelona post cruise for a couple of days. Unfortunately, due to thunderstorms, our flight was delayed 24 hours. Our travel insurance opted to put us in this hotel for the night.
It was very disappointing right from the start. Check in was a fiasco, there were only people checking in and the line was literally out the door. However, we were even more taken aback with the room. To be fair, it appeared clean, however the bathroom door is partially frosted glass...can you say see through door? Also, the bar of soap was the size of a mini Hershey bar, (1" x3/4"). Try taking a shower with that.
Our view from the room was industrial high power electrical towers, the area is very industrial.
We ate in the restaurant (had the buffet) and all I can say was the salad bar was good.
Since our room was pre-paid by the our travel insurance check out should have been easy...not so. Finally had to talk to the hotel manager to make sure charges would not be placed on our Visa.
This hotel is OK if you are stuck with no where else to go, other than that do yourself a favor and find another option.

Room Tip: To choose a good room, make arrangement to stay elsewhere!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

We chose this hotel because of it's proximity to the airport and the pool for our daughter as this was just a quick flight connection. Pin checkin we were informed that children under 12 are not allowed in the pool!! Shocking! This should be clearly stated in the hotel description. Really really really bad!

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Simmersbach
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Well something really important to my stay is the customer service and this hotel is shocking! upon checking in at 11.30pm the female member of staff was exceptionally rude, TELLING me I did not book a superior room as all the rooms are the same, even after showing her the booking confirmation. She also told me I had not paid a deposit... I spoke with the department manager the following morning whom was just as bad! Th only person I found helpful was Maria on reception.
The room its self is nice, spacious and equipped with everything you need. The restaurant food was nice and the hotel is well located.

So will I stay here again? no, would I recommend it? no

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Stayed overnight. Great location next to a mall with an enormous supermarket. Not a lot of restaurant choices by the hotel unless you like fast food. So ate at the hotel buffet which was good.
The hotel when we stayed did not have aircon, the receptionist neglected to tell us that the whole hotel did not have air con when we were checking in. But fortunately we could open the window.
The room is adequate, clean and the bathroom was clean too.
Chose this hotel as it has a free airport shuttle just have to wait for shuttle to come by, without having to call the hotel.
The hotel says they have free wifi but couldn't connect. Not sure what is up with this.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I selected this hotel because of its easy connection to the airport and the good offer they had at the time. The hotel provides a shuttle service to and from every half an hour. The bus-stop at the airport is easy to find and the ride takes some 25 minutes. The check-in felt a bit awkward, since the hotel is placed inside a shopping mall, meaning that a lot is going on around you while at the reception. Staff was efficient, yet friendly. The room was a positive surprise. Very spacious with large beds and a good sized bathroom. Despite all the hustle and bustle at reception, it was calm and quiet throughout. The window looked out over wall, but I only needed to sleep there one night. The restaurant was a bit of a deception. Not in terms of the quality of the food or the price, but in terms of service. The staff seemed to be busy with many things, except customers. The experience at breakfast was similar, with a lot of empty plates standing around, giving it a messy feel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
#1 of 3 in Sant Boi de Llobregat
Hotel El Castell
Hotel El Castell
#2 of 3 in Sant Boi de Llobregat

Been to FrontAir Congress? Share your experiences!