See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 31 May 2017

Excellent price. We stayed in a renovated room with awesome views. Recepcionists were very friendly, always going the extra mile to satisfy customer's needs. We brought our dog with us, and they treated her like a princess. Breakfast is delicious and good quality. Nearby you can find all kind of restaurants, cafes, bakeries; beach right in front of hotel with free parking. Very clean and comfortable

Room Tip: Look for renovated room, they have better views
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 May 2014

It was difficult to find it, as the instructions on the reservation had to be deciphered, and roads driving into A Coruna are complicated, especially if you do not use Waze or GPS, but once we called the Hotel, the front office clerk, graciously directed us to the hotel.
It is not located in A Coruna, it is out of town, by the beach and where one of the Rias come into the sea,....it is quiet, and a bit cool in the evening...it is at the end of a road in a beach, called Playa Cristina.
As for the hotel, the service in the Front desk was very good with good recommendations as to what to do or eat,....as for the room, it is a bit old, and the mattress and pillows were very old...wifi was a bit erratic, or impossible from the room, but nearby in one of the TV rooms, I could connect another guest from the end of the corridor also was there.
The main point that I felt disappointed was the breakfast, as the bread was scarce, service erratic, and no eggs, the excuse being the kitchen was closed, but really, they can and should do better, also if they want the guests to try the restaurante, they should try to promote it with better prices, around the hotel, there are a few restaurants that can be visited and much cheaper and better.
Maybe, next time I will find a hotel in town, so it is easier to visit the A Coruna, as it was the second Celuisma Hotel, I prefer to check next time and fine a better one, regardless of the price.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Temper43
Rías Altas H, Director General at Hotel City House Rias Altas, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2014

Dear valued guest,

We greatly appreciate your business, and the fact that you took the time to provide us with your thoughts.

My team and I are really happy you enjoyed our location and our front desk staff. Regarding our breakfast, we offer a great variety of products, including eggs and different types of bread. Surely the time you were with us our new measures were not implemented.

We sincerely appreciate your feedback and the opportunity to discuss your comments and concerns with our staff as part of our ongoing efforts to provide each guest with a truly memorable and satisfying holiday that meets all of their expectations.

Looking forward to welcoming you again in your next trip to La Coruña

Kind regards,

Reviewed 27 March 2013

I just finished a three night stay at this hotel and I have to say that I was delighted from the moment I checked in. I wanted to de-stress and be a culture vulture in A Coruña and achieved just what I set out to do. I was given an immediate upgrade without even asking as the hotel was not busy, and while a bit of paint could be applied here and there I hope that it is never completely updated because this is part of the charm. The location simply is fabulous although if relying on public transport you might find connections into A Coruña a bit tedious. I had no difficulty parking on the street though I am sure that will change come the summer. I had an endlessly changing vista of the bay (watching people walking along the shoreline with their dogs or pushing strollers under umbrellas) and the vibrant port and city across the river: so much, so close, and yet the tranquility of a resort off-season.
Breakfast was good though may I suggest that eggs be made available, coffee be hotter, and please, fresh orange juice not that sugary stuff!
The pool and sauna are next door and are included in the price of your stay; massages can be arranged as I would image could others of the fitness centre´s services. Had there been a direct connection with the hotel (and eggs: see above!) I would have given 5* and I never give top marks for anything!
Most of all I would like to say that I found little touches from the staff very appreciated: no big rush to vacate on the dot of 12, and an extra pillow brought to my room without my needing to ask.
I recommend this hotel without question and will most certainly return in the fall.
TS (Canadian writer living now in Galicia)

Room Tip: Worth the little extra for a sea view as the river view is partially blocked by trees on the lower floors. Mini bar a bit lacking and pricey!
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 June 2010

Although the hotel had great reviews, the rate I was quoted by the hotel looked too good to be true.

It wasn't. The hotel was a great find. Booking directly thru the hotel's own website gave a total rate almost 40% less than the regular booking sites.

Taxi from the airport cost €12and took around ten minutes.

Check in was easy and the room was on the second floor. Meeting rooms are on the first floor so you may like to ask for a room on 3 or 4 if there are meetings planned as I found the meeting room prep below at 07h30 on one morning annoying.

The hotel is right on the beech front with beeches both front and back. There are two good restaurants right outside the front door too.

Getting into the city is easy with frequent buses. The bus stop is about a 20 minute walk (out of hotel, turn right, walk by water and cross bridge but hotel will give a good map) and costs €1,09. Journey took about 30 minutes.

Buffet breakfast in the morning included fruit salad, cereal, fresh pastries, meat and cheese. Pastries were very fresh and tasty. Breakfast staff were really helpful too.

The decor in the hotel may not be to everyone's taste but the rooms were comfortable and the value for money excellent. The hotel doesn't (yet) have an iron, but does offer a send away laundry service

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 September 2009

For a family wedding in Coruna, we stayed at Rias Altas in the high summer, having stayed there in November the rain. It was pleasant in the rain in winter and lovely in the summer sun. It gets very busy in the area but you can park on site. The rooms are comfortable and spacious. The choice and standard of breakfast is good. The staff are pleasant and helpful, one of our party had his luggage misdirected by Iberia, and the hotel were on the ball to help. Lots of our party coming and going from surrounding hotels and rooms, but I have no doubt this is the best deal, and right on the beach. Ideal for lazy young people, our grandaughter aged 2, and my wife for a swim. Taxis turned up when ordered to take people back to town, and if you want to eat out of the hotel or stay up late, there is plenty of choice around the village. I really like the place.

• Stayed: August 2009