Hello Fellow travelers,
As I am quite new to this community I like to give you some of my experiences from my latest trip to Spain.
I know the region quite well as I have family with summer houses in this city, but as we were all going to be in Guardamar at the same time we decided to spend the two weeks at the Meridional Hotel as its very well positioned with front view to the Sea and no other Option is possible.
I will split this down in the different areas so you can build up your own idea about this Hotel. And also for the Hotel to possibly take this as a constructive critic to their services.
Helpful and friendly. Unfortunately they have clear instruction from their management to only change Beach towels every 2 to 3 days. This is the first time I see such restrictions in any hotel which I think it’s a bit un-hygienic. Towels should be changed every day as you lay on those sweaty and wet for hours.
Clearly the rooms are not big so we decided to have a Junior Suite with sea view. We got the second floor room which was ok size for a family of Four people. Unfortunately we spend our first day complaining about the cleaning as the room was not done properly and that’s sort of started of our vacations on the wrong foot.
• Rom was full of hair on the floor and bath
• The ventilation in the bathroom was full of Ducts which clearly haven’t been cleaned, the same case in the room ventilation (if not cleaned regularly this causes allergies).
• Beach Sand was all over the room.
• Hair dryer has sticky with old fat and disgustingly full of hair. As they could not manage to clean this they immediately change this leaving big holes on the wall
• Toilet lamp was broken and the switch was old so it has to be switched (look like a switch from a public toilet which never been changed)
• The Bathroom walls where all dirty.
• The hand wash sink broke several times during this two weeks.
After spending over 3000 Euro for two weeks I should be able to expect more from a Hotel which claims to be a 3 star Hotel. The Reception acted immediately on the above complains which sort of calm us down a bit as we were about to move out. We came back afterwards and most of the points where actioned. One very strange point was that there was not Mini Bar in the room? If you have family you normally need cold drinks for the kids during the night so we fixed this issue by buying a Pick-nick cold box to keep drinks.
Suggestions could be to keep a vending cold drink machine on each floor at least….right?
The morning buffet contained different choices and you could enjoy this In & outside. I could have which a bit of Varity as this became very much of the same after spending two weeks, but I have to say it was OK.
The things which I don’t think is correct was that Butter, ham & Cheese where not on a cold plates to keeps this fresh. I see this in many pensions and Hotels specially when its warm you need to keep things cold which was not the case. We did the observation but to be honest this should be the people running the restaurant thinking of this obvious things?
I have to say that eating Lunch and eating in the evening was a great experience. I tested this restaurant back in May when I visited my parents and was very impressed with their fine cousin. The menu has a bit for everyone’s taste and whatever you get its done with lots of know-how and love.
The service was good and the personnel was very friendly.
Really cool idea to have a chill-out Bar looking out over the Sea. I was worried this bar was going to make a lot of noise but this is not the case. In fact the whole are is done with a lot taste and the drinks served are fantastic.
Toilets are something I normally look at as an indicator for how clean or well maintained a place is. Everything looks very nice and clean but WHY on Earth do you not change the door handle as it looks like the original which got installed for 40 years ago???….small thing but just give a very cheap impression for a newly renovated toilet.
The critics is mainly on how clean things are and also small details like reparations in the rooms which looks like it has been done in a rush some years ago but as no one complained this never got properly fixed. This unfortunately leaves a bitter taste after spending more than 3400 Euro in your facilities. I suggest that the management team of this hotel once in a while takes a look on the rooms if they have been cleaned or if reparations have been completed and services restored to the original state in special on your flag rooms like a Junior Suite.
Guardamar has one of the best Beaches I been to and this town deserve a good Hotel where you can organize company conference and sport events. I feel like with minimal management and maintenance you can have nice little hotel where you can enjoy and fully relax during vacations.
I did not wanted to make a huge deal about this during our stay as I wanted to enjoy my vacations but unfortunately we do feel disillusioned as we do expect much more from a 3 Star Hotel or from any category Hotel.
When we are going for our yearly summer block leave we do like to be served and not think about anything else than enjoying our vacations. For us renting a house in Gurdamar was not an option as we did not wanted to deal with cleaning or cocking.
All the best for the future
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On the beach front line, this charming hotel, being constantly renovated, is surrounded by peace and quiet. All rooms overlook the Mediterranean from wide terraces and are fully equipped in order to allow you to enjoy your relaxing holidays: air conditioning, central heating, LCD television, telephone, bathroom with hairdryer, insulation and soundproofing "climalit" system. The hotel offers families special rooms. Wi-Fi access is available throughout the hotel, in both rooms and communal areas. Its prestigious "a la carte" restaurant, specialized in rice dishes, offers a high quality Mediterranean cuisine. Its sea-side terrace and chill-out area also have sea views. Halls of different capacities are available to organize all kind of events, from small conventions, company meetings or banquets to charming celebrations until 150 people. Near the hotel there are three tennis courts (300 mts.), Five golf courses (4 to 18 kms.) And a semi-olympic indoor swimming-pool (800 mts). Throughout the year, the hotel organizes many leisure activities and day trips to different high ecological value parks. Swimming pool and Jacuzzi available from July 1st 2012. Parking by availability from July 1st 2012. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, LoveHolidays, Priceline, Booking.com, Agoda, 5viajes2012 S.L., Odigeo, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Hotel.de, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Meridional reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Meridional Guardamar Del Segura
- Hotel Meridional Guardamar Del Segura, Costa Blanca, Spain