“Warm welcome” 5 of 5 bubbles

Eden Mar
Sunderland, United Kingdom
“Warm welcome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013

we were made so welcome on our arrival by Carlos the manager, all the staff were really lovely, helpful and kind. our room was basic but clean and plenty of room we had clean sheets every other day and clean towels everyday. We did have breakfast in the hotel but only toast and coffee it was served piping hot and within minutes. We also had a safe which was free. The hotel has a roof terrace ( children not allowed) it has a Jacuzzi and sun loungers and its so peaceful you can use the Jacuzzi free the first time then it is 5 euros each for 30 minutes.
we cannot praise Carlos and his staff enough we have stayed in 5 star hotels and did not receive the attention we got here
we will visit again next year

Room Tip: we stayed in room 206 it was on the side of the hotel and we did here shutters going up and down but...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank larkmans22

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Chesterfield
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2013

I have stayed there many times and had first class service every time, Iam going back in November and again next year in February. And what can I say about Carlos he is worth his weight in gold a real diamond.

Room Tip: Rooms on the front right hand side have balconys with sea view.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank christopherpaton
Yarm, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2013

We stayed at the Eden Mar for 1 night after reading other reviews. We were greeted by Carlos who was really helpful, friendly and welcoming.
Our room 107 was very poor, small dark and gloomy. It had a balcony one chair wide over looking the building over the road. It was also very noisy from something sounding like a lift shaft but I could not find the source of the noise. The bathroom was tiny and virtually every tile on the floor was cracked, the wall tiles had damaged glazing and the basin chipped. The room was generally clean but needed a total refurbishment. The doors were tiny and it looked as though an ensuite had been squeezed into the room. It was very difficult to lock the door as the lock was so close to the frame.
The cafeteria was functional and again the staff were really friendly, the food was value for money but not wonderful.
It is definitely a budget hotel...I would not stay again unless it had a refurbishment. I have stayed in nicer 2 star hotels in Guardamar. Great staff shame about the rooms!

Room Tip: Other reviewers have had better rooms, so check their tips.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2013

Just arrived home after a week staying at the Eden Mar hotel ,really enjoyed the Hotel the staff and owner Carlos were excellent the resort of Guardamar was excellent plenty of bars and Restaurants very good value

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Vincent M
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2013 via mobile

Just to set the context, my rating of Excellent is based on hotels in the 2 star category rather than all hotels. Were I putting it in the range of all hotels and pitting it against 5 star hotels, I would award it 3 out of 5 to represent the fact that the hotel is, as far as I am concerned, better than most 3 star hotels I have stayed in and certainly puts most UK budget hotels to shame. I am a co-pilot for one of the UK's leading budget airlines and have stayed in my share of hotels, so I am happy to say I can find nothing to complain about here as far as the hotel is concerned. HOWEVER, there is one proviso: the resort as a whole is not a party/nightlife resort - certainly, in the vicinity of the hotel (within 15 minutes walk, everything was closed by 11pm local). This was fine for me, as I was only there for a few days of chillout on the beach and to sample the local food and drink. I was told by one of the regulars (who do tend to have a little more than my 32 years of wisdom on the mileometer>;o)) that there is a night club within taxi distance that opens until 3 but didn't have a chance to see it for myself! If you don't want to pay for a taxi from the airport, you have to take a bus to Alicante town, then a bus from there to Guardamar (total cost about €6 total time about 2 hours max gate to door because of the connections etc). On the plus side in terms of location, the hotel is across the road from a large supermarket and 5 minutes walk from a nice beach.

On the subject of food, the hotel does a nice selection of homemade tapas in it's comfortable restaurant/bar at a very reasonable price. 3 euros for a pint of Cruzcampo (beer) and a €1.50 per glass of nice Rioja. At one point, I had a fanta, a wine, a coffee and some tapas and was amazed when the final bill of only €4 arrived! I had one evening meal in the hotel and this is the source of my only minor criticism. My burger was very nice, but the chips were a little lukewarm. At €4.50 for the lot, I really wasn't that bothered! The buffet breakfast in the hotel is entirely adequate for the €4 per day I paid for it. There is a good range of restaurants of all calibres in the area, but as I was on a budget, I tried Jaen Pension. I had read the reviews and wasn't disappointed. Fine dining it is not - more of a busy cafeteria type atmosphere, but €9 for 2 large and enjoyable courses and just about all the wine I could drink was fine by me!

In terms of facilities, there is a cluster of free of charge key operated safes at reception and reliable free wi-fi all over the building. There is a lift to all floors and a solarium and hydrotherapy jacuzzi on the roof for a charge per hour, which I didn't use.

The room itself was averagely sized and clean, with a nice bathroom including bath, bidet and hot shower. There were some sachets of shampoo etc but I had brought my own. Complete with small flat screen TV and a modern remote control operated air conditioning unit. My small balcony with clothes drying rack overlooked the street and an adjacent building and let in plenty of light. Everything I needed really.

The review wouldn't be complete without mentioning Carlos. I'm not sure if he is the owner or a manager of the hotel (my fault as I was in a quiet contemplative mood on the break and didn't engage him in much conversation), but he is a star. I did not meet him initially when checked in, but when I saw him the next morning to enquire about the safes, he immediately knew what my room number was with no introduction. He was friendly and extremely eager to help, to the extent that he would even recommend restaurants in the area despite having one in the hotel. He is a great example to his colleagues, who were also friendly and courteous.

Overall, for €26 per night (I paid 22 with crew discount), this hotel is an absolute steal and was ideal for my short, quiet and restful break. I highly recommend it to those looking for a similar type of holiday.

Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
6 Thank Garry B
from London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2013

I stayed at Eden Mar for 3 nights with two friends. It is a great two star hotel 5 minute walk from the beach.

The staff are lovely and will go the extra mile to help. Food is really nice and cheap. There is a big supermarket (Mercadona) opposite the hotel in case you need to buy anything. The only downsides were the hairdryer (bring your own!) and the extra bed (mattress was not comfortable).

In terms of dining, do try the cafeteria at the hotel Eden Mar as the food is lovely and affordable. If you fancy eating by the sea, I would recommend La Cañada restaurant 10 min walk (by the sea). Do not try the restaurant opposite the hotel, Casa Paco, food is disappointing and expensive.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Monikafromlondon
Northampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2013 via mobile

Trip advisor 2013 award winner Carlos and his staff deserve it. If you want a modern soulless hotel then don't come here! The building has a few scratches and bumps here and there but that doesn't seem to matter. It is spotlessly clean and there is fresh linen and towels every day(although these could be a little fluffier on your sunburnt skin! Would still recommend and return.

• Stayed June 2013
Hotel La Laguna Spa & Golf
Hotel Levante
Hotel Levante
#2 of 9 in Guardamar del Segura

Been to Eden Mar? Share your experiences!