See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 16 June 2017

I stayed here during my second visit to Ameland and had a wonderful experience. The staff went above and beyond to accommodate my two friends and me. If you're travelling with an odd number of people, be sure to ask if the rollaway bed is available for your room. If you're trying to decide between a hostel and hotel, I can say from experience this is by far the better option with the friendly staff and comfortable environment.

The location is perfect--just a few minutes' walk to the village or the shore. The food is scrumptious and hits the spot after a long day in the sun.

Room Tip: Ask for a rollaway bed if you are travelling with an odd-numbered group
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 November 2016

It,s always a pleasure to stay at this hotel (formerly The little seahorse) since my
grandparents lived there 100 years ago and my father was born there in the roaring twenties and raised there till the end of the 2nd WW in this beautifully renovated house.
The staff is very kind and informal. The hotel is modern with clean and comfortable
rooms and serves an excellent breakfast. Good location for strolling through the old
village and visit museum and churches. Lots of historical sites.
Definitely recommended

Room Tip: All rooms are nice but there is a luxury room with bubble bath
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 November 2016 via mobile

We were here outside the season. The staff was very friendly and even reopened the kitchen for us at late arrival. The rooms are quite cosy but for you benefit from reasonable pricing. Absolutely advisable for short term stays outside the season. Good Price/performance ratio.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 August 2015 via mobile

I visited Ameland, Hollum, in August 2015 and stayed at this hotel. The hotel was very central in Hollum and easy to find with a little help from the buss driver. The room was nice and very clean but the best thing was the friendly staff. Thank you for all help!

Stayed: August 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 May 2015 via mobile

After viewing the paarden reddenboot event we stopped at 1761. Warmly greeted and served. Great beer and wine choices for reasonable prices. We did not have a meal but found the menu appealing. Other reviewer forgets this is a vacation island! We will return.

Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple